GDT: BUFFALO AT BOSTON 1PM NEW YEARS EVE

ubkev

He's pissed again, you can see it in his play. First time I've ever seen him slow down coming back. I think he hates losing to the Bruins more than any other team.

Then perhaps he should do something about it.  Gliding back behind a play is ridiculous.. one turnover and he won't be where he needs to be.

I don't blame him if he is. Look who he is playing with.

Meh.. I'm pretty sure I saw Foligno bury one from Eichel last game.

Eichel with moulson and foligno, might as well put me out there as well.    Seems so futile.

See above!

Can't stand these linesman today, they are breaking up every potential fight.

Happening league wide now.  The unofficial ban on fighting.

You can love Eichel but his game is awful right now.  His arrogance with the puck is killing him.  He just ASSUMES he can make a play and it's not happening.  Doesn't look like he cares or is trying out there right now.  He only scored because Ristolainen made a great pass and he was lucky to put it through that mass of flesh in front of the net.

Perhaps Eichel is the locker room problem?  :)

I have lost all faith in the Pegulas. They are in over their heads.

If I'm Terry I sell both teams and leave town. Who needs this aggravation?

Kinda agree. Brandon is connected to both teams. Amazing

OM-frickin-G. Please construct one of those push-pin-and-yarn charts showing how Russ is the reason this team can't win. I'm dying to see that explained.

Stale bread, cold beans, and no gravy. What kind of cowboy bunch is this, serving us this trash?

This, proverbially, is thier First Rodeo. I consider myself an unhappy rodeo clown.

I just consider myself "stupid" for subjecting myself to this since 1960 and 1970 respectively.

I'm glad I've got the NHL network package and can select other games. Sure, when O'Reilly comes back and they look good for two weeks, I'll be watching. But I was hoping this season would be over for us in March (or at the very best a first-round playoff exit). Ever hopeful for the futures of these kids. Risto is the real deal and Jack, Sam, and O'Reilly are an excellent foundation, but clearly need another year.

Very disappointing, though, that the plan was to tread water until Eichel came back (and they did until losing Bogo and Kulikov in early November). Then the wheels came off a bit. The euphoria of Eichel's return only lasted as a team-wide effort for about 2.5 games. That wasn't good enough. Then Bogosian and Kulikov returned and instead of the team continuing upward, they just fell flat. And now, even the ever-hopeful D'Ebriate knows that we're too far back to do anything with loser points involved. This falls on coaching/guiding leadership (not Gionta or Gorges).

Time to start evaluating talent and identifying the trade-partners to get your vets and expiring FAs onto contenders. We'll need the vets to get through the Jan-Feb grind, but deadline day already looms. Sad. Makes me want to find some apple cider and more brandy.

I find my lack of faith disturbing.

'Til next game!

Bylsma should be immediately relieved.  That was a disgraceful performance.  The Sabres only scored 1 goal in over 100 minutes of regulation play against the Bruins ( both Sabres goals were in the first period of the previous game).   And the first time in team history -  they were swept by the Bruins in a season series.  The Bylsma coached Sabres have lost six games in a row against the Bruins -  that is just awful!!!!

I just consider myself "stupid" for subjecting myself to this since 1960 and 1970 respectively.

I'm with you on the dates (except more like 1968 (for the Bills). I look at the Biils/Sabres as siblings.  I really didn't choose them, they were always there, like family.  And as much as siblings can be disapppointing, you still have to have their backs.  And sometimes, they even surprize you and do something great and unexpected. 

I think being away from Buffalo for 25 years now, its made me appreciate loyalty and my bond with the folks back home.  I was in Buffalo and can remember exactly where I was when "wide right" happened.  Not a good memory, but yellng Scott's name the next day at City Hall was.

Hope springs eternal, especially on New Years.  See you all in 2017.

Posted Today, 04:14 PM

Eichel exploded in room, pounding equipment, screaming, storming out without speaking. Good to see. Said more than any quote could. #Sabres

Aside from what Harrington had to say, I read Eichel did say something about the Sabres not signing a certain player. I believe it was Lee Stempniak. 

Posted Today, 04:14 PM

QvdJ1faO_bigger.jpgMike HarringtonVerified account@ByMHarrington

Eichel exploded in room, pounding equipment, screaming, storming out without speaking. Good to see. Said more than any quote could. #Sabres

Aside from what Harrington had to say, I read Eichel did say something about the Sabres not signing a certain player. I believe it was Lee Stempniak.

If the players believe they are leaving their hearts on the ice and are frustrated, there has to be a large measure of coaching being the problem.

Can't tell me he felt the better team won.

Posted Today, 04:14 PM

Eichel exploded in room, pounding equipment, screaming, storming out without speaking. Good to see. Said more than any quote could. #Sabres

Link?

BTW I just read the last page with the Price is Right theme playing. Try it. This board is better with music.

Stale bread, cold beans, and no gravy. What kind of cowboy bunch is this, serving us this trash?

This, proverbially, is thier First Rodeo. I consider myself an unhappy rodeo clown.

Ohhhh. Hello.

If the players believe they are leaving their hearts on the ice and are frustrated, there has to be a large measure of coaching being the problem.

Can't tell me he felt the better team won.

Aside from the first period on thursday the Bruins were far and away the better team for the most part of 5 periods over the last 2 games. We looked and played like hot garbage. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.