The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

9 hours ago, shrader said:

My islander fan neighbor kept his kids home from school yesterday because “canes fans are mean”.  Ladies and gentlemen, the future of America. 

Yeah but they're not "eating babies" mean, are they?

Picked up the Ryobi 80v 0 turn 42" deck electric mower. 1st use today. 1 acre, thick, plush lawn grass, started at 84% charge on 2 x 10ah 80v and 2 8ah 40v, upon completion, 21%.

If the 3rd 80v and additional 2 40v are purchased, I can fully see the 3 acre capacity claimed by Ryobi as a very real claim. She performed superbly, cut through the 5 and 6 inch grass on low blade and low speed mode with ease, no second cut was needed.

Highly recommend this product if your looking to get away from oil changes, gas.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Picked up the Ryobi 80v 0 turn 42" deck electric mower. 1st use today. 1 acre, thick, plush lawn grass, started at 84% charge on 2 x 10ah 80v and 2 8ah 40v, upon completion, 21%.

If the 3rd 80v and additional 2 40v are purchased, I can fully see the 3 acre capacity claimed by Ryobi as a very real claim. She performed superbly, cut through the 5 and 6 inch grass on low blade and low speed mode with ease, no second cut was needed.

Highly recommend this product if your looking to get away from oil changes, gas.

Please report your performance over the summer.... as I am interested.  I have a Husqvarna riding mower now but I often use my Ryobi electric push mower (exercise!!!)

I might consider this thing if it holds up.  The push mower is great.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

Please report your performance over the summer.... as I am interested.  I have a Husqvarna riding mower now but I often use my Ryobi electric push mower (exercise!!!)

I might consider this thing if it holds up.  The push mower is great.

Here she is when I unpacked her....

Edit: I normally cut twice a week. I'll keep a running tally on both the machines performance as well as the electric bill increase for ya, but the bill aspect should be negligible when compared to gas, oil and so forth.

20240421_123856.jpg

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 3

I’ve already told the wife I will buy one of the next generation to replace the riding mower I have currently. I also need to see how the vineyard and orchard are going to affect the size of my mowing area(s), so I figure it’s probably a 3 year buying timeline. 

All that aside, it isn’t even the gas or changing the oil that bothers me the most—it’s the noise. I switched to a push electric a while back for working minor stuff around raised beds and fence lines. I love it because the noise level makes it more comfortable to work with. How is the decibel level like on your Ryobi? Any operator fatigue from mowing the acre?

• Like (+1) 1

I am looking at an Altoz mower, I have a steeeeep hill and 6 acres to mow, my John deere likes to slide when it's even a little slippery. I'd have to finance it, but it has tracks instead of tires and as a bonus, it can be equipped with a plow and salt spreader. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I’ve already told the wife I will buy one of the next generation to replace the riding mower I have currently. I also need to see how the vineyard and orchard are going to affect the size of my mowing area(s), so I figure it’s probably a 3 year buying timeline. 

All that aside, it isn’t even the gas or changing the oil that bothers me the most—it’s the noise. I switched to a push electric a while back for working minor stuff around raised beds and fence lines. I love it because the noise level makes it more comfortable to work with. How is the decibel level like on your Ryobi? Any operator fatigue from mowing the acre?

Noise is very minimal. But I work around large motors and pumps, streamlines, all day, so I'm hearing defeceint as it is.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2024 at 8:26 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I've got all you hosers beat - no lawn.

I actually get a grounding satisfaction from tending my lawn and garden.

This weekend I removed some bushes that died during the Great Freeze and replaced them with hydrangeas flanked by Chocolate Chip bugleweed.

image.thumb.png.4e94cb934c0e3635314fea2f1f9dff19.png

image.thumb.png.8c97d47bdbc1a52e3a53d796558edf37.png

• Like (+1) 2

Love the garden. Up north here in WNY, the weather is getting better with 70 + degree days rolling in. Almost 80 yesterday.

Thinking of visiting the garden center today to fill pots on my deck with various color geraniums. They can take colder days if the temp does drop a little. Keep blooming into October.  More flowers later. 

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Up north here in WNY, the weather is getting better with 70 + degree days rolling in. Almost 80 yesterday.

Actually that's not much different from north Texas.  I think we squeaked out 80 yesterday.  We've had several fronts bringing rain and cooling temps, and nice days in between.  Probably the nicest spring in a decade.  The last two weekends were bizarre:  Friday, beautiful weather; Saturday, RAIN; Sunday, beautiful weather.  It was so rainy and stormy that the first of those two Saturdays they canceled the Fort Worth Art Festival (which is a major event, hundreds of artists, huge crowds).

GJL_9657-copy.jpg

April is probably the nicest month in north Texas.  Kind of like Buffalo summer- highs in the 70s and 80s, and the spring rains make everything green.  By the end of May it will be very dry.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Actually that's not much different from north Texas.  I think we squeaked out 80 yesterday.  We've had several fronts bringing rain and cooling temps, and nice days in between.  Probably the nicest spring in a decade.  The last two weekends were bizarre:  Friday, beautiful weather; Saturday, RAIN; Sunday, beautiful weather.  It was so rainy and stormy that the first of those two Saturdays they canceled the Fort Worth Art Festival (which is a major event, hundreds of artists, huge crowds).

GJL_9657-copy.jpg

April is probably the nicest month in north Texas.  Kind of like Buffalo summer- highs in the 70s and 80s, and the spring rains make everything green.  By the end of May it will be very dry.

It was 85 here yesterday. Not a fan.

@Wyldnwoody44 I think A-lines are really cool, at least the idea of them, but do they ever not look like you got bit in the jungle and now have dengue fever?!

IMG_6107.jpeg

On 4/29/2024 at 10:25 PM, Doohickie said:

I actually get a grounding satisfaction from tending my lawn and garden.

This weekend I removed some bushes that died during the Great Freeze and replaced them with hydrangeas flanked by Chocolate Chip bugleweed.

image.thumb.png.4e94cb934c0e3635314fea2f1f9dff19.png

image.thumb.png.8c97d47bdbc1a52e3a53d796558edf37.png

We've had a lot of rain this spring.  The plants are loving it.