The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Oddly enough, seeing that commercial had me you Tubing retro commercials from the 60s-the 90s... Wow there were some real gems. 

All the cig commercials back then. They sponsored everything on TV. 

" More Doctors smoke Camels ! "  

Different world. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

Sadly that’s as close as I was getting to an eagle that day (very far away). 

it was a or 5 though, so I really dropped the ball on that one. 

I just assumed you’d have vultures circling you while doing anything physical.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

I just assumed you’d have vultures circling you while doing anything physical.

The way I was playing I assumed it was another vulture waiting to finish me off. Then I noticed the white head. I’ve heard that there was one around here but never saw it before. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The way I was playing I assumed it was another vulture waiting to finish me off. Then I noticed the white head. I’ve heard that there was one around here but never saw it before. 

Eagles eat carrion too.

Isle Of Man Devil GIF by Culture Vannin

Seriously though, the resurgence of eagles is something that amazes me.  As a kid, seeing an eagle was something that was brag about worthy.  And now I probably see 10 plus every Summer around the places I fish

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Weave said:

Eagles eat carrion too.

Isle Of Man Devil GIF by Culture Vannin

Seriously though, the resurgence of eagles is something that amazes me.  As a kid, seeing an eagle was something that was brag about worthy.  And now I probably see 10 plus every Summer around the places I fish

The bigger rarity around here is the albino deer. I don’t know how long they live, but that sucker has relocated a couple times. 

48 minutes ago, shrader said:

The bigger rarity around here is the albino deer. I don’t know how long they live, but that sucker has relocated a couple times. 

We had a Piebald near St. Bonaventure. I haven't seen it recently. Wonder if a hunter decided to go for it. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Actual albino, or just white?  

(Know you're down in Carolina)  Around here, at the old Seneca Army Depot we've still got a herd of white deer.  (Not albino, their eyes are brown, not pink.)

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Actual albino, or just white?  

(Know you're down in Carolina)  Around here, at the old Seneca Army Depot we've still got a herd of white deer.  (Not albino, their eyes are brown, not pink.)

Albino. It was pretty much down the street from me originally, but I think new construction has moved it a couple miles away because all the sightings are further away now… actually right near that golf course.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I work second shift but try to maintain a normal sleep schedule. It usually doesn't work, so I try and take a nap this time of day before I go in. The nap also usually doesn't work.

A short while ago I started to nod off but only got to that delightful stage of being half awake and half asleep. This is when the most random images come to me (hence the delight).

I saw blue jeans, maybe a flannel shirt and definitely suspenders over an ample gut. You know where this is going. I saw flashes of Rick from down through the years. The curly hair, the brush cut hair, the Romanesque hair.

I was alert enough to know that for a few seconds my heart actually ached and I wanted to cry. But didn't.

An unexpected reminder that the hole Rick's passing left in me, and in Sabres hockey, well now, you could drive a Greyhound Bus straight through it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2