The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

FYI ...

For those that cared or even noticed, I have not been logged in for over a 24 hour marathon .. my internet went down yesterday afternoon at around 2 PM and I was not able to log off.

If I pull an all-nighter it would not be with you yuks ... 😎

You... log out?

Edited by Doohickie

21 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

FYI ...

For those that cared or even noticed, I have not been logged in for over a 24 hour marathon .. my internet went down yesterday afternoon at around 2 PM and I was not able to log off.

If I pull an all-nighter it would not be with you yuks ... 😎

Tom And Jerry Pain GIF by Boomerang Official

Over and over I watch my wife walk into a room and leave her phone and a drink in the same exact spot.  Time after time, our one year old (who is known for grabbing anything he can off of a counter top) immediately grabs that phone and drink.  She says that he needs to learn that he can't just grab anything he wants.  Honestly, he may learn that first before she learns her lesson.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Over and over I watch my wife walk into a room and leave her phone and a drink in the same exact spot.  Time after time, our one year old (who is known for grabbing anything he can off of a counter top) immediately grabs that phone and drink.  She says that he needs to learn that he can't just grab anything he wants.  Honestly, he may learn that first before she learns her lesson.

Ha. It appears that you wisely remain a dispassionate - perhaps mildly amused - bystander when it comes to how mom's rearing her cub(s).

I'm all for parents' teaching lessons to, setting limits on their kids' behaviours. Lord knows we see enough sh1tty kids (people) out there in the world who didn't get enough of that at a young age. Query, though, whether a one year old* is  developmentally capable of learning the desired lesson.

*Stick tap to you for going with "one year old" and refraining from what most parents (myself included, days gone by) can't resist when it comes to their babies/toddlers: Pinpointing age in a weirdly specific way ("Oh, thanks, he turned 13 and a third months yesterday.")

19 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha. It appears that you wisely remain a dispassionate - perhaps mildly amused - bystander when it comes to how mom's rearing her cub(s).

I'm all for parents' teaching lessons to, setting limits on their kids' behaviours. Lord knows we see enough sh1tty kids (people) out there in the world who didn't get enough of that at a young age. Query, though, whether a one year old* is  developmentally capable of learning the desired lesson.

*Stick tap to you for going with "one year old" and refraining from what most parents (myself included, days gone by) can't resist when it comes to their babies/toddlers: Pinpointing age in a weirdly specific way ("Oh, thanks, he turned 13 and a third months yesterday.")

You know what?  I'm going to call him a 1 year and 363 day old for the rest of the day.  Fun times coming up this weekend.

But I wouldn't call me mildly amused.  That hot coffee got my hand this morning instead of his head.  Yeah, I'd call that a victory, but I'm sure as hell not amused.

Edited by shrader
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This hit too close to home with my 10 month, 3 day, 3 hours and 42 minute year old. 

• Like (+1) 1

My 315 month old son still hasn’t learned that lesson.  Neither has my 688 month old wife!

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

My 315 month old son still hasn’t learned that lesson.  Neither has my 688 month old wife!

Speaking of that.  At one point in the last year I decided to play this game and converted by age to months.  It just so happened to be the exact day that I hit 500.

• Shocked 1

Seems that tomorrow is Zegmus Girgs....... 30th birthday.

Quite the milestone.  He is by far the longest currently sentenced Sabre.  He has been through everything, but winning.  Good luck to him.  Happy Birthday !!  We promise you a parade one day.

He is also known Zemgus.  Details, details ... 

12 hours ago, shrader said:

Speaking of that.  At one point in the last year I decided to play this game and converted by age to months.  It just so happened to be the exact day that I hit 500.

Crap.  I'll be 735 months old this week!

12 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do some of you older gents ever stop and think about how many more autumns you'll see?

I can't think in those terms.  Maybe 4, maybe 40.  No sense worrying about it, right?

10 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Quite the milestone.  He is by far the longest currently sentenced Sabre.  He has been through everything, but winning.  Good luck to him.  Happy Birthday !!  We promise you a parade one day.

I want to see him gone.  I want to see Kyle gone.  But, I'd love to see them play for the Sabres in the playoffs first.  That's why I refuse to give upon this season.

19 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do some of you older gents ever stop and think about how many more autumns you'll see?

Putting away Christmas stuff, one wonders if you just had your last one. I've been retired for 7 years. 

Luckily, I have good beer and whiskey to fall back on. 

On 1/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Fire up the Pegula jet ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-67902806?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

This guys is such a loser.  I would trade him for a 9th rounder right now.

Why doesn’t he have his own plan? Any of the vets on this board can tell you flying military isn’t reliable whether it’s for a jump or across the pond. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

What does it mean when I would rather watch bad Sabres hockey over another second of 2024 election news?  I used to follow both with some intensity.  Now, the Sabres are sometimes borderline unbearable -- but I find it preferable to just the news, especially the election.

Would drivers please pretty please stop giving up the right of way and waving me to proceed? I don't get it. I hate to stare them down and most of the time tick them off, but I will not allow anothet driver to drive my car for me.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 3

On 1/4/2024 at 3:01 PM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

"...currently sentenced Sabre....". Awesome. 🤣

• Thanks (+1) 1