The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Good luck with that PA, it's a tricky autoimmune disease, I've seen cases that range from just a cough to systemic problems all over, heres to hoping you're on the mild end of the spectrum.... As for steroids, I'd be cautious with moderate-high dose prednisone for anything long term, the risks and adverse effects may outweigh the benefit in this case

Nah, it's OK. I got confirmation today. They found granulomas, collections of white blood cells, in my lymph nodes. Along with everything else, that nails down the diagnosis. It's a truly strange disease. It's extremely variable in how it affects people. I'm one of the lucky ones, apparently, who aren't really bothered by it, for now anyway. Just the occasional cough. My pulmonologist said he might treat me with steroids for awhile to see if the cough is improved. But there's a risk-reward thought that seems to favor not messing with systemic steroids, which can have plenty of side effects.

But thanks for the face!

Somehow missed the earlier post on this. Glad you're (relatively) okay.

Nah, it's OK. I got confirmation today. They found granulomas, collections of white blood cells, in my lymph nodes. Along with everything else, that nails down the diagnosis. It's a truly strange disease. It's extremely variable in how it affects people. I'm one of the lucky ones, apparently, who aren't really bothered by it, for now anyway. Just the occasional cough. My pulmonologist said he might treat me with steroids for awhile to see if the cough is improved. But there's a risk-reward thought that seems to favor not messing with systemic steroids, which can have plenty of side effects.

But thanks for the face!

I somehow missed the lead up to this, but be well, my friend.

Just be careful with any kind of steroid treatments.  If there is any other treatment, or if the occasional cough is just that then I would opt not to treat, unless absolutely necessary.

Good luck with that PA, it's a tricky autoimmune disease, I've seen cases that range from just a cough to systemic problems all over, heres to hoping you're on the mild end of the spectrum.... As for steroids, I'd be cautious with moderate-high dose prednisone for anything long term, the risks and adverse effects may outweigh the benefit in this case

Thanks. Yeah, I'm all over the steroid risk issue. I'm not even sure my pulmonologist mentioned steroids specifically. There are other ways of treating it. We'll see.

Somehow missed the earlier post on this. Glad you're (relatively) okay.

I do feel fine. It certainly doesn't square with how my lungs looked on the CT scan. And, yep, the first thing I thought of was your mouse warning lol.

I somehow missed the lead up to this, but be well, my friend.

Just be careful with any kind of steroid treatments.  If there is any other treatment, or if the occasional cough is just that then I would opt not to treat, unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks. Good advice.

Plow hit my car, took a nice chunk out of the side. Called the city, they're mailing me claim papers. Called my lease dealer, they won't fix it. Deductable is $500, which is fine, but I can't afford my insurance to go up. Any advice here?

Plow hit my car, took a nice chunk out of the side. Called the city, they're mailing me claim papers. Called my lease dealer, they won't fix it. Deductable is $500, which is fine, but I can't afford my insurance to go up. Any advice here?

Don't park on the street in a snow storm.

My rear windshield just exploded in the parking lot...

This, plus our washer exploding yesterday (at least we rent, so getting that replaced for free), and my hairdresser finding what could be skin cancer on my scalp but is more probably some dermal thing I got from working with lots of icky children... I mean, I've had skin cancer removed from my scalp before so...

What a Monday 

Random forgot my phone at home last nite felt completely useless, oh wait.... was gonna say naked but that is not a pretty sight...

PA glad you feel ok... my prayers with you... go in for one of those male prostrate check ups tomorrow and investigate a Euro lift :( for an enlarged one. Levels for me are good just tough to urinate sometimes... :(. tmi Ill stop....

This, plus our washer exploding yesterday (at least we rent, so getting that replaced for free), and my hairdresser finding what could be skin cancer on my scalp but is more probably some dermal thing I got from working with lots of icky children... I mean, I've had skin cancer removed from my scalp before so...

What a Monday

Why are modern cars so bad? I never had problems like this with my old hoopties. Those cars had normal problems.

Maybe I'm having a senior moment here (also haven't, fortunately, had a ton of experience with car insurance), but why would you have to pay the deductible? Also why would your insurance go up?

Maybe I'm having a senior moment here (also haven't, fortunately, had a ton of experience with car insurance), but why would you have to pay the deductible? Also why would your insurance go up?

Probably because he wants his car fixed but would get reimbursed by the city once his claim was approved. Your insurance can go up even if you're not at fault based on the number of accident claims you file as they may see you as a higher risk. 

Talk w/ your insurance agent ASAP & explain to him/her the situation. The agent has seen this before & should be able to help you through getting the car fixed (w/ the repairs eventually ending up on the City's dime).

Did you get a police report on the accident? That will usually help as well.Good luck w/ it.

But thanks for the face!

Good luck w/ it. At least it isn't cancer. (This is the better situation, right?)

Probably because he wants his car fixed but would get reimbursed by the city once his claim was approved. Your insurance can go up even if you're not at fault based on the number of accident claims you file as they may see you as a higher risk. 

Gramps has it right, that's pretty much what's happening here

Talk w/ your insurance agent ASAP & explain to him/her the situation. The agent has seen this before & should be able to help you through getting the car fixed (w/ the repairs eventually ending up on the City's dime).

Did you get a police report on the accident? That will usually help as well.Good luck w/ it.

Good luck w/ it. At least it isn't cancer. (This is the better situation, right?)

Called her today, she told me it's pretty much call the city for a claim paper then go through the insurance agency. Can I get a police report on it? It happened a few days ago when I wasn't here; it's 10000% a plow, it looks like a sword carved out part of my car

Gramps has it right, that's pretty much what's happening here

Called her today, she told me it's pretty much call the city for a claim paper then go through the insurance agency. Can I get a police report on it? It happened a few days ago when I wasn't here; it's 10000% a plow, it looks like a sword carved out part of my car

If you were out of town, there may still be time to get a police report. (Assuming this happened during the storm Thursday night/ Friday morning.) Not sure that it'll help now, as you've probably driven from the scene & several days have gone by.

Good practice is to always get a police report when damage to your car DEFINITELY isn't your fault. Realizing that things such as going into a ditch to avoid a deer IS your fault (happened to a former boss of mine, tee hee), but plowing into said deer (or having said deer plow into you, either way) is NOT your fault.

If your car was COMPLETELY off the road, it should be the plow driver's fault. IF your car was over a white line (I.e. partially on the road) it'll be determined to be partially or totally your fault.

Again, good luck w/ it. For future reference, always just plan on borrowing Dee's car. :p

It's funny. A lot of lymphomas are curable (think Mario), while a few cases of sarcoidosis lead to death (Bernie Mac). I asked the thoracic surgeon the very question, and she said sometimes she's actually pulling for lymphoma. In my situation, though, I think I got the better of the two options. Thanks.

Not your fault. No worries.

So my insurance company has no idea when or why my glass coverage was removed from my policy. Literally the only coverage I have ever wanted to have on any car I've ever owned and somehow it's just...not on there anymore? 

Love it. Great. Looking forward to spending $400 to get a new back window tomorrow because of some customer service rep with fat fingers who took a coverage off my policy without me ever asking for such a thing to be done. 

Not your fault. No worries.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that matters. At least with most insurance companies these days. A dump truck damn near totaled my sister-in-laws car on the streets of Brooklyn. It wasn't her fault, so insurance paid for the repairs. But it was claim #2 in 2 months for her, both of them no fault. They upped her insurance significantly. Each claim is basically proving that you're a risk to them, be it where you live, where you park, how visually challenged the operators of large utility vehicles are in your neighborhood... at least that's how the insurance companies look at it. 

So my insurance company has no idea when or why my glass coverage was removed from my policy. Literally the only coverage I have ever wanted to have on any car I've ever owned and somehow it's just...not on there anymore? 

Love it. Great. Looking forward to spending $400 to get a new back window tomorrow because of some customer service rep with fat fingers who took a coverage off my policy without me ever asking for such a thing to be done. 

This sucks. Other people's administrative errors that come back to bite you effing suck.

HR at my old job incorrectly allocated my 401k to some stupid fund. I set my contributions to receive the maximum match, and pretty much put it on autopilot. Moved and the same HR lady forgot to update my address. Now this is definitely partially my fault, but I didn't realize for some time that I wasn't getting statements. Again, I'm on autopilot. Finally dawned on me that I wasn't getting statements, so I went online to check my balance. That's when I realized it was in a "fund" accumulating 3% interest or something like that. Last year the market was up just a little bit more than 3% :P Thanks for the second savings account

Edited by EichSnipe

Not that I think anyone's that interested or I'm looking for attention, but I thought I'd do one final update on my sarcoidosis. Doc does not want to treat because the risk of high dose steroids for three months is greater, probably much greater, than any benefit I'd get. Wil get it rechecked in six months. Sometimes the inflammation clears up on its own.

He told me the cause is unknown. The immune system overreacts to some invader, be it bacteria, a virus, a chemical. Lots of people who worked at Ground Zero have developed it from breathing the toxic air.

Not that I think anyone's that interested or I'm looking for attention, but I thought I'd do one final update on my sarcoidosis. Doc does not want to treat because the risk of high dose steroids for three months is greater, probably much greater, than any benefit I'd get. Wil get it rechecked in six months. Sometimes the inflammation clears up on its own.

He told me the cause is unknown. The immune system overreacts to some invader, be it bacteria, a virus, a chemical. Lots of people who worked at Ground Zero have developed it from breathing the toxic air.

Too many tours of the Sabres locker room?

So, does that mean they cannot offer a prognosis? Wait and see?