The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

It's probably some weird conflict that is happening with Dell specific components.

That would be my guess, too. Another option is the update was to fix a problem that requires a lot of processing to happen, although days seems like a lot. Examples are an update to BitKeeper (disk encryption) or Defender (anti-virus) that requires the entire disk to be re-encrypted or scanned for viruses.

Does task manager (right click on task bar, select "Task Manager") show something eating up a lot of CPU, RAM, or disk (processes tab, sort each column from high to low)?

EDIT: I can't read this at work for some reason, but:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwilvL3klbnVAhVo7YMKHcL4DkIQFghgMAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alienwarearena.com%2Fforums%2Fthread%2F94302%2Ftechnical-support-1%2Fhow-to-fix-fans-running-a-high-speed-all-the-time&usg=AFQjCNGKN0XUE0924RP5BgRUpV_ZMjGK8Q

Edited by MattPie

That would be my guess, too. Another option is the update was to fix a problem that requires a lot of processing to happen, although days seems like a lot. Examples are an update to BitKeeper (disk encryption) or Defender (anti-virus) that requires the entire disk to be re-encrypted or scanned for viruses.

Does task manager (right click on task bar, select "Task Manager") show something eating up a lot of CPU, RAM, or disk (processes tab, sort each column from high to low)?

Look above you ;)

I posted it just before you submitted this - it's that Dell Data Vault collector thing. 

CPU has spiked to 70% while I watch it, entirely because of that. 

I have this open and unchecked the box, should I uncheck the other ones and restart?

mattpie.jpg

I posted it just before you submitted this - it's that Dell Data Vault collector thing. 

CPU has spiked to 70% while I watch it, entirely because of that. 

I have this open and unchecked the box, should I uncheck the other ones and restart?

mattpie.jpg

Check the link I edited into my post, it looks promising.

EDIT: I can't read this at work for some reason, but:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwilvL3klbnVAhVo7YMKHcL4DkIQFghgMAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alienwarearena.com%2Fforums%2Fthread%2F94302%2Ftechnical-support-1%2Fhow-to-fix-fans-running-a-high-speed-all-the-time&usg=AFQjCNGKN0XUE0924RP5BgRUpV_ZMjGK8Q

I linked him the same thing. It says to disable it

I disabled it and the fan hasn't turned on yet and CPU is now down between 5-25%. Is 20% normal for it to run at?

Well now disk is at 100%...

My work laptop is bouncing around just under 10% with a bunch of apps open and chrome playing music. It really depends on what you're doing with your machine.

Even UB has to have better standards than that ###### nut

FWIW, the student in question is a Buffalo State student. Though UB certainly has its fair share :lol:

"This allowed the slaves to get equal representation"... I might have just given them an F and lit the thing on fire.

Oh, he failed the assignment. 47. And that was probably a merciful grade.

FWIW, the student in question is a Buffalo State student. Though UB certainly has its fair share :lol:

Terrible paper.... grade of 47.... there's something going on subconsciously here #bogo

Terrible paper.... grade of 47.... there's something going on subconsciously here #bogo

You really should just start putting Sabres players as grades instead.

I'll give this one a Cdy Hdgsn. No effort, no purpose, slow, and ineffective

YOU HAVE 2 D'S IN THAT NAME!!  THAT IS 2 2 MANY!!

/rant

I always forgot to remove the d's :lol:

That should be a punishable offense...

Jumping off on NS's obscure reference of yesterday in another thread, I'd tell WC "Straight to Hell, Boy..."

Ya lost me

But but but.....YOU were there! And Smell was there too!! And..and..Wildcard!.....I can't have dreamed it I just can't!

... Yes, I was there too.  And, you know what they said?  Well, some of it was true ...  :flirt:

I always forgot to remove the d's :lol:

Ya lost me

See above ...

Does anyone else have this happen on the board?

I often click on the 'see new content' button.  Every now and then I do and it shows me a new post and I click on it and it opens the post while the poster is still typing.  I read it and then go back to the new content screen and it still shows that post as new and I go to it and it is the same post with the added poop.  It just happened now with a Thorny post rambling on about LWs and RWs or some such thing.  Kinda weird in a Twilight Zone kind of way.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Does anyone else have this happen on the board?

I often click on the 'see new content' button.  Every now and then I do and it shows me a new post and I click on it and it opens the post while the poster is still typing.  I read it and then go back to the new content screen and it still shows that post as new and I go to it and it is the same post with the added poop.  It just happened now with a Thorny post rambling on about LWs and RWs or some such thing.  Kinda weird in a Twilight Zone kind of way.

I'd guess that's more about post merging than an actual unfinished post. Member writes something, posts it. Then writes another post, which gets merged into the first post and it's marked new.