GDT: Buffalo at the Carolina Hurricanes. 7:00 pm EST, 12/17/2016

woods-racer

Those shooters did not put forth an NHL effort on those shots. Anyone that indecisive shouldn't be tapped to shoot. Was the strategy to carry the puck across the goaline?

By all means send in Moulson, Gionta and Foligno, please. Not that it'll matter as we can't make a single save.

At least we got the point.

Every team has their own Rick. Some just ain't as good as others. I'll give you the screamer in Tampa as an example.

Kaiton has been there since the late 70s (Hartford, then Carolina). Not many franchises have voices who've been around that long. Lange in Pittsburgh is another. And all three are pretty quirky.

Shoot out usually ends badly for the Sabres.  This night will be no exception.

Wonder what their all-time record is? Feels like they've lost two out of three...

Ya'll can bytch like some whiny over-stimulated Millenials, but that game didn't suck. We lost, sure. But we got a point, and there was some drama at the end.

I'm glad I watched.

Agree completely. On the macro level I'm happy with the point. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be disappointed with those terrible shootout efforts.

Kaiton has been there since the late 70s (Hartford, then Carolina). Not many franchises have voices who've been around that long. Lange in Pittsburgh is another. And all three are pretty quirky.

Wonder what their all-time record is? Feels like they've lost two out of three...

Sabres franchise has actually been outstanding since the shootout's inception in 2005-2006. In fact, before last season, they had the most shootout wins over that timespan and had scored the most goals.

https://tifubyjoiningreddit.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/10-years-of-shootouts-reviewed-ranking-the-best-and-worst-shootout-teams/

But they've been lousy the last two seasons.

Recency bias? (h/t to Blue)

Edited by PASabreFan

Sabres franchise has actually been outstanding since the shootout's inception in 2005-2006. In fact, before last season, they had the most shootout wins over that timespan, and they've scored a ton of goals.

https://tifubyjoiningreddit.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/10-years-of-shootouts-reviewed-ranking-the-best-and-worst-shootout-teams/

Kotalik, Pominville, Vanek, Briere, Miller.

Those shooters did not put forth an NHL effort on those shots. Anyone that indecisive shouldn't be tapped to shoot. Was the strategy to carry the puck across the goaline?

By all means send in Moulson, Gionta and Foligno, please. Not that it'll matter as we can't make a single save.

At least we got the point.

Moulson would be a good choice anytime, anyways of to bed :p

Sure PHam, let the refs control the flow of the game by calling penalties. 

Pssstttt.... it's not up to them to make a game exciting. It's not their responsibility to look at the 275 fans sleeping in the stands and say, we need to wake this place up. 

So in the 3rd they decide to start calling penalties and then you bitch because the refs make a call on the Sabres (one they wouldn't have called in the first two periods) in which Carolina scores  and the game never makes it to OT. 

PHam, ever think maybe the refs put the whistle away to let them get a little physical and try to find some energy on their own?

I hate it when Koziol and PHam address situations in which they'll cry about the result no matter what happens. 

Nothing to complain about.  Hot team and we get a point.  Jack is just a tad bit off on shot placement but his jump and one step explosiveness is creeping back.  Our defense looks like NHLers and not amateurs.  Samson needs a spark and Dlo needs to go but all in all a good outcome fkr the second of a back to back.  

Agree completely. On the macro level I'm happy with the point. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be disappointed with those terrible shootout efforts.

Is it effort or execution?

Sure PHam, let the refs control the flow of the game by calling penalties.

Pssstttt.... it's not up to them to make a game exciting. It's not their responsibility to look at the 275 fans sleeping in the stands and say, we need to wake this place up.

So in the 3rd they decide to start calling penalties and then you bitch because the refs make a call on the Sabres (one they wouldn't have called in the first two periods) in which Carolina scores and the game never makes it to OT.

PHam, ever think maybe the refs put the whistle away to let them get a little physical and try to find some energy on their own?

I hate it when Koziol and PHam address situations in which they'll cry about the result no matter what happens.

I dont know why you listen to the postgame show.

Sabres franchise has actually been outstanding since the shootout's inception in 2005-2006. In fact, before last season, they had the most shootout wins over that timespan and had scored the most goals.

ya!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.