GDT: Buffalo at the Carolina Hurricanes. 7:00 pm EST, 12/17/2016

woods-racer

Flagg you would have had a entries for your Jack scrapbook. He pulled of a beautiful toe drag and had a another explode to the middle move that you don't see but from a handful of players.  Didn't bury it but he makes all games worth watching. You didthe right thing though good boyfriend status is extremely valuable. :beer: 

Every team has their own Rick. Some just ain't as good as others. I'll give you the screamer in Tampa as an example.

Again, Dunleavy is absolutely horrible. He can't follow the game. Boy if Rick retires please not this guy. Amerks announcer way better than Dunleavy. On radio you have no idea what is happening until the play is over.

4.5 thoughts about game:

-Sabres not great on back to backs in 1 st period but get better seems to be a theme.

-Carolina ice sucked, especially evident during shootout. Carolina fire pucks unprepared Sabres fumble finess moves.

-Apparently Carolina doesnt freeze pucks before use, holy bouncing rubber batman.

-Glad they picked up a point, but god Gorges cant outlet pass... send him down and get Falk and Fedun in. Franson ok but needs someone along side who doesnt just give the puck away.

Nilsson had a very Lehner-esque game.

Bogosian had a very Bogosian game. Not sure I like that tandem with Kulikov, but they sure make our defence look a lot more mobile.

Kane in the nine games since Jack came back:

Five goals, three assists, 13 hits, 29 shots, plus 1

Liked Kane with Larsson and Gio, and Foligno with Sam and Ryan.

I'm a Carrier fan, but that move makes both lines better.

Edited by dudacek

i thought the Sabres couldn't get anything going on offense at all until they switched up the lines in the 3rd, with Foligno moving up with ROR and Reino, and Kaner moving up with Larsson and Gionta.  I thought they created a lot of chances in the 3rd and it was a pretty exciting period.

i thought Kane was the Sabres' best forward last night. It looks like he is out of DDB's doghouse as he had over 18 min last night -- 4th-most among forwards.

Nilsson played another very strong game. 

Bogo brain-locked on Carolina's goal but otherwise skated well and looked pretty good.  That hit he put on the Carolina forward on the left boards was amazing. 

Has anyone seen Sam Reinhart?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.