Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I mean, name modern coaches in any sport that have won championships with different teams. Phil Jackson? Then who?

DD fell ass backwards into that Cup the same way Madden did into a World Series this year. 

Wait, are you saying being handed the most talented top to bottom roster in the middle of a season had more to do with him winning than his "system"? I can't believe it.

Wait, are you saying being handed the most talented top to bottom roster in the middle of a season had more to do with him winning than his "system"? I can't believe it.

Also took 7 games and some miracle plays too but, you know, he's built millions and a career off of it

I mean, name modern coaches in any sport that have won championships with different teams. Phil Jackson? Then who?

DD fell ass backwards into that Cup the same way Madden did into a World Series this year.

Shula, Riley, Sparky Anderson and LaRussa all come to mind.

Bylsma has the most wins of any coach in Pittsburgh history and the highest winning percentage, and was still let go. I can't see it as a coincidence, never mind the fact that I hate him as our coach.

And how did the guy after DD do? 4th in the Metro in his 1st season (w a 1st rd playoff loss) and then fired mid-season the next year.

Shula, Riley, Sparky Anderson and LaRussa all come to mind.

Not exactly a giant list

And how did the guy after DD do? 4th in the Metro in his 1st season (w a 1st rd playoff loss) and then fired mid-season the next year.

Then Mike Sullivan comes in and dominates a playoff run and wins a Cup midseason. 

So two head coaches have won Cups with similar rosters. Something seems to be in common here

Edited by WildCard

Sullivan increased the Penguins' CF% from 48.3% to 54.9% in the same season last year. Bylsma's Penguins team, which had Crosby and Malkin both put up historical 30 point playoff seasons, were by far the worst possession team to win the cup in recent history. You cannot win reliably without possessing the puck anymore.

If we come back with Kulikov, Franson and Gorges, as many here want us to do

Dear Lord - who are these people?!

Can you show us 1 single post where in 2017 anyone has advocated for Gorges coming back?

I was gonna say.

Well, that really isn't a post, so for your and Taro's benefit ...

I like the old guy and think he is not the worst of our roster problems.  For full disclosure I voted to bring Gorges back at any price in the poll. I think the only one that voted that way.

He shunned Toronto, so that gets a big  :thumbsup: from me.

get-out.gif

Sullivan increased the Penguins' CF% from 48.3% to 54.9% in the same season last year. Bylsma's Penguins team, which had Crosby and Malkin both put up historical 30 point playoff seasons, were by far the worst possession team to win the cup in recent history. You cannot win reliably without possessing the puck anymore.

Not to mention the sheer agony of watching stretch passes that never connect and when they do, the ridiculous dump and chase --

Why is Gorges coming back even being discussed? He's under contract next year and with his contract, we're stuck with him. That point seems moot.

I can maybe understand some wanting Kulikov back to get a look at him not injured but I don't understand people wanting Fransen back.

Why is Gorges coming back even being discussed? He's under contract next year and with his contract, we're stuck with him. That point seems moot.

I can maybe understand some wanting Kulikov back to get a look at him not injured but I don't understand people wanting Fransen back.

We should put him on waivers near the end of the season and see if some playoff team grabs him for emergency depth. They likely wouldn't because of his contract extending into next season but it's worth a shot.

Dear Lord - who are these people?!

I was gonna say.

get-out.gif

I was shocked myself 30% of the voters want him to return.

Gorges can be waived and his contract buried in Rochester or be bought out for only a small two year cap hit. Either way we aren't stuck with him. I also can't understand why anyone would want either glacial skating D (Gorges or Franson) back, yet 30% of the voters the D thread want Gorges back (as noted above) and only 33% of the voters on same thread want Franson gone. Edited by yse325

Three teams for Scotty, actually.

We all know who Bylsma beat in the year he won the cup with Pittsburgh, right? Yup. You guessed it ... the mighty Babcock.

He won that Cup on luck. I'll go back and dig up the advanced stats later tonight

I never think of athletes as people when I curse them out.

Unless it's Kadri or Marchand.

Interesting. When you curse out someone who's soulless, THEY'RE the ones you consider a person? :unsure: Edited by Taro T