Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I like Dan and I think he is a good coach, but I do realise that he could very well be fired at some point.

When that happens I will lobby with all my strength that Murray give the job to dudacek.

I'll hand the coach to Flagg and GM to True. I call Assistant GM, or at the very least, Head of Charlie Work at Key Bank Center

Did I really hear yesterday that there are nine whiteboards in the locker room? :blink:

Dan, if you can't convey what you are trying to convey with only one or two, hell, even five whiteboards, then you gotta go.

Well, here's the deal.

Whiteboard 1 - used for ROR/Okposo pairing strategies

Whiteboard 2 - used for Eichel/Reinhart pairing strategies

Whiteboard 3 - used for Gionta line strategy

Whiteboard 4 - used for Moulson/Ennis pairing strategies

Whiteboard 5 - defensive pairing details

Whiteboard 6 - shooter tendencies for goaltenders

Whiteboard 7 - Motivational quotes

Whiteboard 8 - a board filled with puppy drawings for Deslauriers

Whiteboard 9 - a board with a TV bezel drawn on it with a hand drawn picture of PHam sitting at a desk so he can feel like he's on TV

I don't see the problems here.

Well, here's the deal.

Whiteboard 9 - a board with a TV bezel drawn on it with a hand drawn picture of PHam sitting at a desk so he can feel like he's on TV

:lol:

Well, here's the deal.

Whiteboard 8 - a board filled with puppy drawings by Deslauriers

fify

Well, here's the deal.

Amazing  :lol:

Well, here's the deal.

:lol:

Right. And the fact that the things dudacek eloquently wrote about seem so obviously correct, makes the fact they likely won't happen all that much worse.

I'd honestly be willing to be there are a handful of posters on here that are smarter than the Buffalo media and a descent amount of guys in the Sabres FO

I'd honestly be willing to be there are a handful of posters on here that are smarter than the Buffalo media and a descent amount of guys in the Sabres FO

It boggles my mind sometimes. To the point where, for my own sanity, I have to convince myself there are valid reasons for them doing what they are doing, and that we just aren't privy to the information they have that leads them to their decisions.

I swing between that, and the feeling that I'm taking crazy pills. Full Mugatu.

Listened to the postgame on the radio last night. PHam asked Kane, O'Reilly, and Foligno if they all though "here we go again" after PHX tied it up. All three players in effect said that isn't the mentality they want to have, and they were there to win. During DD's conference, he was asked the same. And he said he thought exactly that. If that doesn't say all that needs to be said about his mentality I don't know what does. He is someone who is afraid to lay it all out on the line for a win. I don't want that mentality here, especially with the young impressionable talent we have. 

Listened to the postgame on the radio last night. PHam asked Kane, O'Reilly, and Foligno if they all though "here we go again" after PHX tied it up. All three players in effect said that isn't the mentality they want to have, and they were there to win. During DD's conference, he was asked the same. And he said he thought exactly that. If that doesn't say all that needs to be said about his mentality I don't know what does. He is someone who is afraid to lay it all out on the line for a win. I don't want that mentality here, especially with the young impressionable talent we have. 

Agreed.

If it takes a GM speech to get these guys motivated and pulling in the same direction, than the head coach isn't doing his job.

Say what you will, I think this team has good veteran (but not *too* old) leadership.  What I like about the three guys bolded is that they lead more by on-ice example in terms of hustle, than they do with words.

And now, back to building the sacrificial pyre for Disco Dan...

Agreed.

If it takes a GM speech to get these guys motivated and pulling in the same direction, than the head coach isn't doing his job.

Agreed. Dan is clearly more comfortable with X's and O's than with leading people.

Agreed. Dan is clearly more comfortable with X's and O's than with leading people.

Right, and you hear alot about players talking on the bench during the games, trying to stay positive, talking to eachother, etc... normally that's something the head coach does, but I think the players have figured out they're not going to get that type of leadership from Bylsma, they need to generate it on their own.    That's asking a lot from a young team IMO.

I think there are lots of personality types that can be good coaches.  Some of the best are pretty quiet.  I think y'all are reading too much into DD's demeanor.  Yes he certainly has his flaws, but being quiet doesn't preclude him from being a good coach.

Thus ends our Diversity and Inclusion Minute for today.