Sabres @ Capitals 5pm, MSG 11/25/2016

LGR4GM

Given your health situation of the past few months, I'd have to imagine you shouldn't watch Sabres any games, whether able or not :P

Oh I agree on both counts, I was just positing that from the perspective of the team, the injuries surely help to insulate Bylsma.

I don't know that they do. GMTM went in and freaked out on Bylsma right around when we were starting to, less than ten games into the season. He's watching and he sees what we do. 

They're not theories. But, yeah, crazy old man PA baying at the moon almost from the start, adjusting his tin toil hat, warning that Pegula was going to drive the franchise into a ditch. Off his meds, probably.

I don't hate you because you're crazy, I hate you because you were right :( 

Minor quibble, but my math is different:

13-14: 1.91 GPG (157 goals in 82 games)

14-15: 1.96 GPG (161 goals in 82 games)

16-17: 1.86 GPG (39 goals in 21 games)

They only scored 153 goals in 14-15, they only scored 150 goals in 13-14. They've only scored 38 goals this year. 

(Shootout wins don't count as an extra goal)

I don't like watch hockey anymore. Is that bad?

I would recommend taking a break, maybe until Jack gets back next week or the week after. It helps with this, when you come back you can appreciate the sport again for awhile before DD saps your enjoyment again.

I think I'm just gonna sit here and drink vodka and watch Top Gun.

d4rk, you have had some glorious political rants and posts. I recognize that the Sabres aren't worth that kind of time and effort right now, but I hope someday soon you whip one up with the Sabres as the subject. I know it would be just as awesome.

Minor quibble, but my math is different:

13-14: 1.91 GPG (157 goals in 82 games)

14-15: 1.96 GPG (161 goals in 82 games)

16-17: 1.86 GPG (39 goals in 21 games)

How about looking at it another way...Lets even count last season (2015-2016) when the team wasn't last in the league in goals...throw that in there:

-Over that 3.25 year span:

-Dallas leads the league, credited with 808 goals

-Tampa is next with 780

-Calgary is right in the middle with 718.

-New Jersey is 29th with 599

-The biggest gap between positions is the gap between 1st and 2nd...the 28 goals between Dallas and Tampa.  From Tampa (2nd) to New Jersey (2nd last) the average drop in the number of goals between teams is right about 10.

Till you get to the Sabres. The NHL credits them with 540 goals...a full 59 behind the 2nd last place team.  That is a monumental lack of offense over a 3+ year period...with the last full year and a 1/4 being a time when they WERE NOT trying to be bad.

Fun stat:

Even-strength Goals

Michael Grabner: 12

The Buffalo Sabres: 23

Also, McDavid has created 21 even strength goals by scoring or assisting, he's almost willed his team to as many as we've scored as a whole.

Give it 1 week. McDavid will have passed us.

:lol:

Back when I was at RIT we were friends with the rink staff. During the first intermission we always made the DJ play this song, and I was thinking about that during the 3rd period tonight.

sorry hard to listen to because they played that one a lot after 911, good song.

How about looking at it another way...Lets even count last season (2015-2016) when the team wasn't last in the league in goals...throw that in there:

-Over that 3.25 year span:

-Dallas leads the league, credited with 808 goals

-Tampa is next with 780

-Calgary is right in the middle with 718.

-New Jersey is 29th with 599

-The biggest gap between positions is the gap between 1st and 2nd...the 28 goals between Dallas and Tampa.  From Tampa (2nd) to New Jersey (2nd last) the average drop in the number of goals between teams is right about 10.

Till you get to the Sabres. The NHL credits them with 540 goals...a full 59 behind the 2nd last place team.  That is a monumental lack of offense over a 3+ year period...with the last full year and a 1/4 being a time when they WERE NOT trying to be bad.

Embarassing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.