GDT: Sabres at Wild, Nov. 1, 2016, 8:00 pm

nfreeman

Well, the usual suspects are apparently shoveling in Kit Kats and M&Ms, so I'll take a swing at this.

I am guilty of extremely hormonal Sabres behavior -- it was only a few days ago that I was all "I told you so -- the tank was a terrible idea" -- and now, after 2 nice back-to-back wins, I'm overflowing with optimism about da guys.

The Sabres got embarrassed at home by Minny just a minute ago.  If they are no longer purely a passel of pusillanimous poultry, they'll promptly proffer some payback in the poop chute.

I'm looking for the 2nd line (3rd if you go by ice time) to step up.  I want Enzo to get on the board, and for Reino to remove head from rectum and rejoin the team.

And I'm looking for Lehner to get into a groove and stay there.

And I'm looking for our D group to continue to mesh and solidify.

And most of all I'm looking to claw within 1 game of DeLuca .500.

Go Sabres.

I had a GDT prepared but saw you posted this one. I hope you don't mind if I augment yours a bit.

The Sabres will look to avenge an ugly home loss by going into Minnesota's house and showing them what for. The Sabres are still facing the injury bug, but at least it's the fourth line getting bit, with Fasching out with a groin pull and DLo dealing with a dreaded LBI. That gives Baptiste a chance at some minutes, and the Sabres have yet to announce a callup to fill out the fourth line. Regardless, the top three lines are looking good. Matty Mo, ROR and Kyle Okposo are tearing it up on the top line. The Terrible Twos (82/22/12) have been pitching in offensively while providing defensive shut-down on the other teams' top lines, and the Girgs/Reinhart/Ennis line looks ready to break through although the bounces aren't going their way yet. If they start lighting the lamp, the Wild will be in for some trouble.

The Wild, meanwhile, will attempt to complete a season sweep of the visiting Buffalo Sabres.Their story right now is Devan Dubnyk. He's been on fire lately with at a stingy 1.43 goals-against average this season. The 30-year-old Saskatchewan native has turned aside all 94 shots he faced during his current shutout streak, including 38 in a 4-0 rout at Buffalo on Thursday to improve to 3-1-0 with two blankings and a 1.24 GAA in his career versus the Sabres. But nothing lasts forever, and Dubnyk is bound to crumble. It might as well be tonight, right?

Look for Robin Lehner in the Sabres net.

The lineups:
Screenshot%2040.pngScreenshot%2041.png

And here's a picture of the Sabres' hottest scorer who will be playing in his hometown tonight:
cut.jpg

Sabres are 2-0 with a +5 goal differential since my trip home for Saturday's game. I'm taking all the credit.  ;)

Well I can't give you all the credit, I actually DVR'd both games so as much as you seeing them assisted, I'm guessing our chemistry of me missing the games live helped. If we could get the continued outstanding play of Foligno and the Dmen, plus the awesome coaching of DDB, we should be fine to even this season series with the Wild.

I looked it up a bit, it looks like this would be the first time above ".500" since the very first game of the lockout-shortened season when the Sabres beat Philly. 

Three years and 11 months without sniffing that since.

It ends tonight.

No way.  Wow, that's an unbelievable stat.

I looked it up a bit, it looks like this would be the first time above ".500" since the very first game of the lockout-shortened season when the Sabres beat Philly. 

Three years and 11 months without sniffing that since.

It ends tonight.

Wait - where are The Charts?  And where is carp?? :unsure:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.