Reinhart, isn't fine... yet

LGR4GM

It isn't the first time he's been invisible. From the GDT:

Reinhart looked like garbage in his nine game trial. 

He came into camp next year and fit in a little better, and had a  muffin shot.

he worked on the shot, and by mid season he was sniping. 

Come March, he was our best even strength player while O'Reilly was hurt, and it wasn't close.

It is one of his first ever games at center. He looked just as invisible tonight as he did with that other stuff.

Samson takes his experiences and he goes to work and gets better. He will get better here. I promise. 

It's what he does.

Hasn't looked good yet this season.

He looked great last game.  Only skater without a point who got a star that I've ever seen.  Ever.

He played a new position (NHL) tonight, between Ennis and freaking Girgensons.  Maybe give him a minute?

I think we're all just expecting too much from this team. Even with Eichel and Kane, they're not a playoff team yet. For two periods they took it to the Flyers. They'll get better, we just need to be patient.

4 points on a 4 game road trip isn't terrible. Only 1 regulation loss.

I think we're all just expecting too much from this team. Even with Eichel and Kane, they're not a playoff team yet. For two periods they took it to the Flyers. They'll get better, we just need to be patient.

I cautioned that expectations should have been tempered about this team. A lot of things needed to go right in order to make the playoffs. So far they have gone in the opposite direction. I don't worry about Samson or Jack or even Risto at this point because I believe they can and will improve. I do believe we need more speed up and down the line up and players that despise losing possession of the puck. I also think this is an aberration and that they are not as bad as they seem. But I am concerned that our big investments are not making a bigger impact now when we need them most. ROR. Okposo and Lehner cannot be merely good they have to help carry the team until reinforcements arrive. I think they will. But we needed big jumps from a lot of players and we haven't gotten them so far. We aren't far off from last year, but we needed to be light years ahead to have any chance at the post season and that is probably unrealistic to expect that.

I cautioned that expectations should have been tempered about this team. A lot of things needed to go right in order to make the playoffs. So far they have gone in the opposite direction. I don't worry about Samson or Jack or even Risto at this point because I believe they can and will improve. I do believe we need more speed up and down the line up and players that despise losing possession of the puck. I also think this is an aberration and that they are not as bad as they seem. But I am concerned that our big investments are not making a bigger impact now when we need them most. ROR. Okposo and Lehner cannot be merely good they have to help carry the team until reinforcements arrive. I think they will. But we needed big jumps from a lot of players and we haven't gotten them so far. We aren't far off from last year, but we needed to be light years ahead to have any chance at the post season and that is probably unrealistic to expect that.

Agree with this, but think ROR is doing his part. 5 points in 5 games and tons of ice time. Granted, 4 of those points were in one game. Aside from that crazy-pills-level insistence on that shootout move.

Edit - 6 points in 5 games.

Edited by Thorny

I just want to be on record with this because I feel like you troll so much. This is a calm rational statement by you. I applaud this and want to add my perspective. ###### that! Playoffs or bust!!!!

There's enough talent on this team minus 27 to be legit. Hell I'd rather have Leggy back!

Edited by beerme1

At least Bennett and Larkin suck :lol:

Edit: wait, Larkin scored twice tonight. ######. Before that he had one point in six games.

Larkin's like Stafford.  Streaky.

The season's young and we're still missing a third of our top six.  Yes, they need to be able to close out games they're winning; that's frustrating as hell.  But I'm not overly concerned about the team.

Yet.

The season's young and we're still missing a third of our top six.  Yes, they need to be able to close out games they're winning; that's frustrating as hell.  But I'm not overly concerned about the team.

Yet.

I'm with you, the impatience on this site is undeniable. The season is still young, there is improvement in the Defense getting the puck up the ice (yes the 3rd period yesterday wasn't good) and Moulson is a new man this year. Enjoy the ride, we are not winning the Cup this year. First game was a mourning experience for Eichel, Kane goes down and ROR is still not up to par. Kuli is also out, so I give them a pass. 4 Road games and we get 4 points although it could have should have been 6. Not a horrendous start. Lets see how they play at home against the improved Wild.

Yea.. that sweet pass to Moulson from behind the net made him look horrible.

Insanity.

Yup.  Best pass of the game.  And on the ice for all 3 goals (though admittedly not a massive part in them).  That high stick sucked though.

Picked a bad year to draft him on my fantasy team

Same.

It's bad enough that I'm thinking of staying away from the forum for a while.

I hate to invoke the T word, but I'm finding it more than a little bit ironic that a lot of the impatience is coming from some of the same folk that were willing to sacrifice 2+ years to the tank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.