GDT: Buffalo at Edmonton, 7:00pm, 10/16/16

darksabre

Player to watch out for: Lucic.

And Kassian.  Maybe he's turned the corner?  He's played 10 and 12 minutes respectively, pk unit.  Certainly way less pressure w/ this roster (+lucic) than he would have had here.  Maybe he scores 20 this year?

As a hockey fan, Edmonton is awesome.  As Sabres fan, yeah depressing.

Burning question - SEKara or SeKARa?

And Kassian.  Maybe he's turned the corner?  He's played 10 and 12 minutes respectively, pk unit.  Certainly way less pressure w/ this roster (+lucic) than he would have had here.  Maybe he scores 20 this year?

As a hockey fan, Edmonton is awesome.  As Sabres fan, yeah depressing.

Burning question - SEKara or SeKARa?

Like et cetera but with a k instead of t :)

Looking forward to having Okposo-ROR-Reinhart as a line tonight.

No AM skates for either team. So the remaining line combos won't be known until pregame warmups

Should be a good line. According to yesterday's practice, Sam will be on the left. Will it be an adjustment for him? Probably, but I'm sure he manages it brilliantly as we've seen how adaptive he is. Forward lines from practice:

Reinhart - O'Reilly - Okposo

Foligno - Larsson - Gionta

Ennis - Grant - Deslauriers

Moulson - Girgensons - Fasching

The top line looks really good, but the Eichel and Kane injuries become noticeable right after that. We have a 1st line, 3rd line, 4th line, 4th line setup. No true second line. This is the biggest argument for me, to have Sam centering a line 2.

It was mentioned that Kulikov has improved dramatically, and Gorges and Franson were together in practice. On D could be looking at:

Kulikov - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Gorges - Franson

Extras: Baptiste, Nelson

With potentially only (only.....) Eichel and Kane out now, we could move from a team decimated by injuries to one merely badly affected by them.

Yikes.

I miss Eichel.

Me too, but it's not that bad. That should be a good second line. The top line isn't great but should still be alright with ROR there, and if Ennis rounds into form.

I might swap Girgensons and Ennis, but this is basically what I'd go with.

Yup I might do that too. Had it that way first.

Me too, but it's not that bad. That should be a good second line. The top line isn't great but should still be alright with ROR there, and if Ennis rounds into form.

I kinda like the thought of Reinhart - ROR - Okposo / Ennis - Larsson - Girgensons

But it's wasting too many centers. That's probably why Dan would love it.

It could be the fact I've been drinking all day but I got a good feeling about this game

It's the alcohol.

Sitting Nelson is dumb. Imagine McDavid coming in on the Gorges - Franson combo.

That would kind of be like showing up at the Battle of Gettysburg with a battalion of M1 Abrams MBTs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.