Jack Eichel, will he play center/centre this season?

LGR4GM

The Ottawa announcers last night pondered if Jack "the Yeichel" Eichel would be a full time center this year in the NHL. He had a lot to work on last year but will he actually make the transition? 

What say you SS, will Jack Eichel our #2 center for 81 games last year, finally step up and be center for 82 games this year? Or will he be like Nathan Gerbe who just never managed to play a full season at center? (Shrader come back, we miss you  :cry: )

If he gets traded to a Canadian team then he will play centre. There is no way he moves to the wing. His skills are better suited for the middle. DD brought it up in an interview the other night, "Anyone can play wing".

With all due respect to Thorny, Miller and Ferraro are among the best in the business -well-connected and well-informed. Before TSN lost the NHL rights, they were probably the network's number one national team.

It was an odd comment, to be sure,offered without context, but it certainly is getting far too much attention here.

It may have come out of Jack playing out of position at the World Cup and/or a conversation they were privy to about that.

Ehhhhhh. I dunno man, Gord Miller has been, in my eyes, a poor play by play guy for a long time. Have never really liked him. Ferraro is okay. They are nowhere near the best in the business.

All my opinion of course.

Cuthbert and Strader are my non-RJ favorites. Quite easily

I like Forslund too

Oh, Cuthbert is amazing. Don't even think he gets to call games anymore. He's gotta be my non RJ favourite. Easily.

He's calling CFL games here, mostly.

Canadians don't have fun unless we're drunk or in the forest.

Or chilling with a Forest, be it Whitaker, or Gump.

I heard him in the playoffs this year, he did the final game in the Panthers/Islanders series and a few others I think. Such a treat.

Damn, must have missed them. His goal calls are outstanding. Also, he's not even a Canadian-homer announcer when he's on CBC, like seemingly every other announcer over here. He's pretty excited no matter who's scoring.

I like him so much more than Jim Hughson, but looks like it's Hughson's job now.

Ehhhhhh. I dunno man, Gord Miller has been, in my eyes, a poor play by play guy for a long time. Have never really liked him. Ferraro is okay. They are nowhere near the best in the business.

All my opinion of course.

I find myself agreeing with you more than most on here, but not on this one.

Miller is good, not great (I too prefer Cuthbert) but he is a pro. Ferraro always has an opinion, and that opinion is usually informed, informative and entertaining. He can dish gossip, and breakdown a play equally well and is not afraid to speak his mind without resorting to being a deliberate douche. He's one of the most well-rounded colour guys out there. I used to hear a lot of him on Vancouver radio when I listened to it.

Edited by dudacek

I find myself agreeing with you more than most on here, but not on this one.

Miller is good, not great (I too prefer Cuthbert) but he is a pro. Ferraro always has an opinion, and that opinion is usually informed informative and entertaining. He can dish gossip, and breakdown a play equally well and is not afraid to speak his mind without being a deliberate douche. He's one of the most well-rounded colour guys out there.

You saying people don't agree with me often? ;)

I'm close on Ferraro. I won't nitpick his stuff. My sticking point was more Miller. It might come down to the fact that I don't like his play calling voice. It's a funny thing to say, but I don't find it very pleasant. He also has certain sayings he uses far too frequently. I think he says the puck "pinballs" around at least twice a period, haha.

You saying people don't agree with me often? ;)

I'm close on Ferraro. I won't nitpick his stuff. My sticking point was more Miller. It might come down to the fact that I don't like his play calling voice. It's a funny thing to say, but I don't find it very pleasant. He also has certain sayings he uses far too frequently. I think he says the puck "pinballs" around at least twice a period, haha.

I will listen to this on a loop for all eternity if it means I never have to hear Emerick push "WAFFLEBOARD!!!!!" out of his nose ever again.

You saying people don't agree with me often? ;).

More like they don't agree with me. ????

My lasting memory of Miller is sitting within earshot of him while he was off-camera at the draft as he dropped frequent f-bombs and incessantly brown-nosed the power brokers. Never caught whiff of either of those traits from him on TV.

Edited by dudacek

I will listen to this on a loop for all eternity if it means I never have to hear Emerick push "WAFFLEBOARD!!!!!" out of his nose ever again.

It's even in the damn video game.

More like they don't agree with me.

My lasting memory of Miller is sitting within earshot of him while he was off-camera at the draft as he dropped frequent f-bombs and incessantly brown-nosed the power brokers. Never caught whiff of either of those traits from him on TV.

:lol:

Didn't think he had that in him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.