Jack Eichel, will he play center/centre this season?

LGR4GM

Isn't she married to Phaneuf? I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'd turn her down...but still, that knocks her down a peg or two.

I believe she is. That picture is pretty heavily touched up, but she's a pretty lady, for sure.

IIRC, she dated Sean Avery, and it was her taking up with Phaneuf that prompted Avery to make some nasty comments to the press that got him suspended. 

I believe she is. That picture is pretty heavily touched up, but she's a pretty lady, for sure.

IIRC, she dated Sean Avery, and it was her taking up with Phaneuf that prompted Avery to make some nasty comments to the press that got him suspended. 

Yup. Call another player's girlfriend "sloppy seconds" get 6 games. Hit another player illegally from behind causing brain damage via a concussion, 1 game. Good job NHL. 

She never looked anything like that. They shaved off so much cheekbone in that picture that she doesn't even look like an actual human being.

Granted but she still doesn't look like she did in Girl Next Door. I didn't even recognize her in The Ranch

Still a pretty lady though

Granted but she still doesn't look like she did in Girl Next Door. I didn't even recognize her in The Ranch

Still a pretty lady though

Agreed. It is like how someone (a friend of mine) was saying  Tiffani Amber Thiessen was old and didn't look good. I was like... really? Come on now.

tiffani-thiessen-june-2016.jpg

Edited by LGR4GM

Agreed. It is like how someone (a friend of mine) was saying  Tiffani Amber Thiessen was old and didn't look good. I was like... really? Come on now.

Wow - she is looking very well.

One of my greatest pet peeves is how guys who look more or less like me (#dadbod) and have about as much going for them as I do, give or take, will sit in critical judgment of whether a certain female celebrity is hot, was ever hot, is still hot, and the like.

Not a good look, fella. And maybe put down that second donut while you're at it. And make it a case of Blue Light next time you're at Wegmans.

One of my greatest pet peeves is how guys who look more or less like me (#dadbod) and have about as much going for them as I do, give or take, will sit in critical judgment of whether a certain female celebrity is hot, was ever hot, is still hot, and the like.

Not a good look, fella. And maybe put down that second donut while you're at it. And make it a case of Blue Light next time you're at Wegmans.

That's what the internet is for: debating the merits of things we'll never personally have experience. See also: super-cars, super-man, and how "terrible" members of the best 1000 hockey players in the world are.

That's what the internet is for: debating the merits of things we'll never personally have experience. See also: super-cars, super-man, and how "terrible" members of the best 1000 hockey players in the world are.

I'm not so sure that follows. Super cars are built and designed to go fast, etc. Super man is ... a fictional character? Hockey players are athletes, and so can be fairly judged on goals scored, +/- (hey, pi!), and various #fancystats.

I don't think the same line of thought applies to female celebrities -- at least, the large majority of them (I'll carve out, for the sake of argument, a gal like Pam Anderson).

Unlike the debates on the matters you mentioned, there's a specific stank associated with the pastime in which an anonymous internet message board guy contemplates whether he would still bang that sitcom mom actress from the late 80s. 

I'm all for mocking horrible photoshops that make someone look fake though.  That's always fun.  I've got a great picture on my phone from a game at Fenway of the profile picture they were using for a random player on the jumbotron.  I should really host is somewhere so I can post it.  They made a hilarious decision when editing that one.

I'm all for mocking horrible photoshops that make someone look fake though.  That's always fun.  I've got a great picture on my phone from a game at Fenway of the profile picture they were using for a random player on the jumbotron.  I should really host is somewhere so I can post it.  They made a hilarious decision when editing that one.

Oh, hell yeah.

With all due respect to Thorny, Miller and Ferraro are among the best in the business -well-connected and well-informed. Before TSN lost the NHL rights, they were probably the network's number one national team.

It was an odd comment, to be sure,offered without context, but it certainly is getting far too much attention here.

It may have come out of Jack playing out of position at the World Cup and/or a conversation they were privy to about that.

They said it because he was terrible on faceoffs...but then they mentioned how Crosby was bad on faceoffs his first year, and then turned it around.

Plenty of context.

Edited by Bob Malooga

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.