Rochester Americans 2016-2017

Cereal

I still find it hard to believe the vets would make a first round draft pick(one that's probably better now than they all hoped to be) clean the bus. The captain must have been fine with it. The kids are new to the A but not to hockey. They're your friggin teammate after all. Seems they deserve more respect than that. I'm sure Alex would agree with me.

I still find it hard to believe the vets would make a first round draft pick(one that's probably better now than they all hoped to be) clean the bus. The captain must have been fine with it. The kids are new to the A but not to hockey. They're your friggin teammate after all. Seems they deserve more respect than that. I'm sure Alex would agree with me.

Well, somebody has to pickup the bus so it might as well be a rookie. They've all had to do it at some point in their careers.

I don't know much about professional leagues and in particular this one but you'd think there would be someone on the staff that could handle bus cleanup.

I don't know much about professional leagues and in particular this one but you'd think there would be someone on the staff that could handle bus cleanup.

His disclosure of these facts were in response to the "most difficult part of his rookie season" question. This was one of multiple "chores" he has. I'd expect something more benign as an answer to that question from a happy rookie. I wonder what are those other chores that he didn't mention? Maybe I should just remove my tinfoil? Call me crazy but I have a feeling there was some serious dysfunction in the locker room this year.

Relax, rookies are made to do grunt work on all teams. It's to show them that they have to earn the veteran's respect.

In my business they earn our respect by working hard. We don't treat our rookies like boys because we want them to act like men.

His disclosure of these facts were in response to the "most difficult part of his rookie season" question. This was one of multiple "chores" he has. I'd expect something more benign as an answer to that question from a happy rookie. I wonder what are those other chores that he didn't mention? Maybe I should just remove my tinfoil? Call me crazy but I have a feeling there was some serious dysfunction in the locker room this year.

Either way, it was an odd answer to the question. People in his position usually say stuff like "scoring my first goal", "adjusting to the new system", or "playing against tougher competition". He chose "bus cleaning" as the best answer to that question. Either there's some entitlement attitude or perhaps he is being hazed or he's dim.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to back wins near the end of a meaningless season. Grant and Bodie figuring in both wins. Had both been here all season, they might have had a decent team. Nylander, FWIW, leads the team in minus at a -20. I know the Stat sucks for player evaluation but when he's double the rest of the team, maybe it's a concern.

Back to back wins near the end of a meaningless season. Grant and Bodie figuring in both wins. Had both been here all season, they might have had a decent team. Nylander, FWIW, leads the team in minus at a -20. I know the Stat sucks for player evaluation but when he's double the rest of the team, maybe it's a concern.

Again, it's important to remember that he is one of the few 18 year olds to have played in this league and his stats compare favorably to past 18 year olds.

Grant is a darn good AHL player. I hope he's back next season. He nearly had two shorties. Alex gave the puck away quite a few times tonight. First time was in the first dipsy doodling too much. Got his pocket picked and the march back down the ice almost ended up in our net. I think he'll be fine but I'm worried I'm wrong. Stupid pucks n paws night. I have an isle seat and couldn't take all the stupid tails wagging in my face. I'm super allergic to dogs so we finally had to move.

Fun game to go to tonight. We had a group of us with our husky and our friends new puppy go. We actually got to go on the jumbo tron twice, to play trivia and some slot machine game. We won both times, really fun

The girl who is the host was actually at the Sabres game last night. I got pretty amped to she said she's from Toronto :lol:

She was cool with it though, even said she got a kick out for watching the Leafs fans go home sad

Fun game to go to tonight. We had a group of us with our husky and our friends new puppy go. We actually got to go on the jumbo tron twice, to play trivia and some slot machine game. We won both times, really fun

The girl who is the host was actually at the Sabres game last night. I got pretty amped to she said she's from Toronto :lol:

She was cool with it though, even said she got a kick out for watching the Leafs fans go home sad

Nice I have 18 month old husky at home myself.  Intelligent, stubborn, always talking to me :p

16729381_2177602362280896_56867928589520

one of his favourite spots, watches tv from there, or when he hears I'm up stairs he starts howling at me from that spot heh :D

Nice! Jumbocard, aint that something. ;)

Did they win?

Nice I have 18 month old husky at home myself.  Intelligent, stubborn, always talking to me :P

16729381_2177602362280896_56867928589520

one of his favourite spots, watches tv from there, or when he hears I'm up stairs he starts howling at me from that spot heh :D

beautiful dog...I miss my dog soooooooooo much...anyways yes as stated earlier there is no doubt they will instruct Rochester to coach Blysma's system and beliefs as to how hockey should be played, which of course is scary in itself...

Brady Austin with another great game. Scored a shorthanded empty netter. Yes Utica really did that. He's developing a skill that I really like in a D man. He does a fantastic job of clearing out the crease. His skating gets better every game and I've really noticed his stretch pass is becoming very good. I personally think the organization is doing a good job developing players. I get all Debbie downer from time to time but this season this team is getting stronger regardless of missing the playoffs. That's a good sign to me.

Lots of encouraging things from Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching. I could envision all 3 spending most if not all of next season in Buffalo. Time for GMTM to turn some of the forwards into defenseman as the forward depth looks great. Unfortunately, one of these 3 will probably be in the deal unless they move Kane.

Outshot 28-17 at the Devils. 2-1 win Amerks. Grant the beast scores again. 2 shots, 1 goal and 14 penalty minutes. 2 for unsportsmanlike, 10 misconduct abuse of official and 2 cross checking. He has been a spectacular Amerk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.