Do you think GMTM is done tinkering with the Sabres roster?

GASabresIUFAN

I read somewhere a quote that explains why Carrier is not exempt from the expansion draft.

Larsson and Foligno are not UFA next spring. Too young.The Kulikov question puzzles me.

Fingers crossed Kane will have rehabilitated his reputation enough that we are laughing at the idea of exposing him come next spring.

I'm honestly not too concerned. Whatever happens we aren't going to lose a core guy and there's a decent chance Murray will find a way to dump salary. The Sabres are in a better position than most.

I haven't seen the movie in over 20 years, probably. Am I remembering correctly that she somehow ends up at the second site after the whole bus thing thing. C'mon. I couldn't suspend that much disbelief.

"I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.""

"I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.""

Also, I laugh at the idea of Kane going to Vegas and being able to keep his focus on hockey.

Edited by mustacheofgod

I read somewhere a quote that explains why Carrier is not exempt from the expansion draft.

Larsson and Foligno are not UFA next spring. Too young.The Kulikov question puzzles me.

Fingers crossed Kane will have rehabilitated his reputation enough that we are laughing at the idea of exposing him come next spring.

I'm honestly not too concerned. Whatever happens we aren't going to lose a core guy and there's a decent chance Murray will find a way to dump salary. The Sabres are in a better position than most.

There is no reason to expose Kane and protect someone like Moulson, when you can expose Moulson and ask for a 3rd round pick or something if hits the fan and Kane really needs to go. Worst case scenario, I'd imagine that you could still get SOMETHING small for him, especially from that team, and I'm not about to expose Kane over some generic future possibility that I cannot assign magnitude or probability to right now. 

It'd be different if Jack and Sam required spots, and you're looking at exposing one of Kane or Okposo, and you choose Okposo. But one of Moulson/Gionta/Carrier/Des? Hell no.

Yeah I'm not overly concerned but I think it's contributing to Murray not doing much else.  Not sure if you do but I consider Kane a core player so I hope he turns it around as well. 

This is it. Exactly what I was referring to when I said "the bus that couldn't slow down". YAS!

• 2 weeks later...

He will never be done trying to improve the roster if he can.

He has been very calculated when it comes to this roster. I know some believe he has over payed in some cases, I think he has done a real good job as GM. Doug Whaley, and Rex should take a look at this management team and learn a few lessons.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.