Foligno Signs One Year Extension

Brawndo

I think this seals Marcus fate that he's out of here. Unless he is interested in signing 4 years x 2.5 mil and I doubt he is. Really weird place with him. Like him and want him on my team and hope not to have another wasted jersey in my closet but for the money I just see him being replaced.

Ok, Franson belongs back in Toronto.  Or in Phoenix or something.

Better!

Like I said, this deal seals his fate. He's gone but the question is when. Before the season or deadline deal. With this post from some northern Ontario cottage I would think it is before the season. Damn Marcus, I like you and wished you'd be a Sabre for life but it is what it is. Best wishes in St. Louis :w00t:

I figured Foligno only got a one year contract so that they wouldn't have to protect him at the expansion draft. I get the impression Murray likes Foligno and wants him to stay, and maybe they worked out a deal to come up with a longer term contract at the end of this year. By giving Foligno a one year deal he doesn't meet the criteria as an 'exposed' player because his contract doesn't run into 2017-18, yet he is an RFA so he isn't free to eave at the end of the year. 

RFA's need to be protected since they are still controlled as long as we give them a qualifying offer.

I'm not sure arbitration would have helped him. For now forwards near or in their prime seem to be getting about $1 mill for each 10 pts they produce. For example Okposo got $6 mill per season after averaging around 62 pts the last 3 years. Boedker signed for $4 mill per season after putting up around 45-50 pts, but doesn't play defense.

Foligno has 18, 19 & 23 pts the last 3 seasons. 2.25 seems appropriate.

• 4 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.