Free agents signed

GoPre

So today was pretty crazy.

http://www.tsn.ca/wait-there-s-more-tsn-hockey-top-50-free-agent-list-1.518321

Of TSN's top 50 free agents 17 remain available: Demers (RD-8), Russell (LD-13), Hudler (RW-22), Schenn (RD-23), Schultz (RD-25), Vrbata (RW-26), Polak (RD-29), Versteeg (RW-30), PA Parenteau (LW-32), Gagner (C-34), Pirri (LW-35), Bartkowski (LD-38), Cowen (LD-40), Enroth (G-41), Gryba (RD-32), Quincey (LD-43), Spaling (C-48).

I'm not interested in any of those players aside from Enroth.

Ranking the winners through Day 1 of NHL free agency

2. Buffalo Sabres: GM Tim Murray continues to impress with his aggressiveness, signing Kyle Okposo to play on a line with Evander Kane and Ryan O’Reilly. At the draft, he acquired Dmitry Kulikov, 25, to fill a major hole on his blue line. If the Sabres get strong goaltending, they will be a much-improved team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2016/07/01/nhl-free-agency-most-improved-lightning-sabres-okposo-lucic/86615248/

Edited by papazoid

Ranking the winners through Day 1 of NHL free agency

2. Buffalo Sabres: GM Tim Murray continues to impress with his aggressiveness, signing Kyle Okposo to play on a line with Evander Kane and Ryan O’Reilly. At the draft, he acquired Dmitry Kulikov, 25, to fill a major hole on his blue line. If the Sabres get strong goaltending, they will be a much-improved team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2016/07/01/nhl-free-agency-most-improved-lightning-sabres-okposo-lucic/86615248/

Nice. Thanks for the link. 

I don't understand all the knob polishing for Lucic, though. He's a decent player whose best days are behind him. He's no "culture" changer, either. Having McDavid makes up for a ton of mistakes, but I think they will regret losing Hall FAR  more than they enjoy having Lucic. 

GO SABRES!!!

I agree K9. But, Lucic is a Cup-winning, +20 goals, Canadian going to a Canadian team to help protect Canada's most important asset. Of course the NHL media (in Canada) will put it at the top of the list.

And then the Canadian elites will applaud an anti-nationalism speech by a visiting dignitary.

Since this one is still pinned for some reason I'll just put this hear:

Chris Johnston: Jason Demers agrees to $22.5M, five-year deal with #FlaPanthers, @Sportsnet has learned: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/source-panthers-demers-agree-5-year-22-5-million-contract/http://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/749277165196152832/photo/1

Nice. Thanks for the link. 

I don't understand all the knob polishing for Lucic, though. He's a decent player whose best days are behind him. He's no "culture" changer, either. Having McDavid makes up for a ton of mistakes, but I think they will regret losing Hall FAR  more than they enjoy having Lucic. 

GO SABRES!!!

Lucic is coming off a solid year with 20 goals 55 points and a lofty +26. He's only 28 and has a ton of hockey left in him. He is great pickup for the Oliers. If I am McDavid I am overjoyed to have Lucic on my wing. Lucic is a game changer, teams that may look to take shots at the wonder kid will have to think twice. 

Lucic is coming off a solid year with 20 goals 55 points and a lofty +26. He's only 28 and has a ton of hockey left in him. He is great pickup for the Oliers. If I am McDavid I am overjoyed to have Lucic on my wing. Lucic is a game changer, teams that may look to take shots at the wonder kid will have to think twice. 

All fair points to be sure. I just don't think he's on par with Hall. And yeah, he can be McDavid's McSorley, but if he's a better policeman than winger, it's not a good scenario for them, imo. 

GO SABRES!!!

All fair points to be sure. I just don't think he's on par with Hall. And yeah, he can be McDavid's McSorley, but if he's a better policeman than winger, it's not a good scenario for them, imo.

GO SABRES!!!

I hated McSorley. I hate Lucic. You're on to something here. I would say this is a mistake by EDM but Milan has walked off clean when he was covered in dirt before so why not in Alberta with McJesus? The more I think on this the more the McSorley comparison seems right. Maybe we are not the only ones doubting the young ones durability?

GO SABRES!!!

I'd take Lucic over Hall every time. There was only a ten point difference between the two last season. Lucic brings so much more to a roster. I think he is a bot more than a McSorely, though I have no doubt that the Oilers had McSorely in mind when they signed him. 

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=888660&hootPostID=9a204c151cfac622c14a92f63e738088

Blackhawks agree to terms with forward Jordin Tootoo
Tuesday, 07.5.2016 / 2:30 PM CT / News
By Chicago Blackhawks

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today they have agreed to terms with forward Jordin Tootoo on a one-year contract.

Tootoo, 33, has played the last two seasons with the New Jersey Devils where he scored four goals and notched five assists in 66 games during the 2015-16 campaign. Over his 12-year NHL career, Tootoo has tallied 158 points (63G, 95A) in 673 career games. The forward made his NHL debut in 2003 with Nashville where he played for eight seasons. He later skated for Detroit (2012-14).

The Churchill, Manitoba native has appeared in 40 Stanley Cup Playoffs games, netting three goals and recording seven assists. Tootoo was originally selected in the fourth round (98th overall) of the 2001 NHL Draft by Nashville.

Good, absolutely love this guy. Currently reading his biography.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.