Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

There have been no toxicology reports indicating he was under the influence of any substance much less cocaine.  The video hasn't been released and if the DA and investiators have seen it and are pursuing lesser non-criminal violations, they must not support the allegations as originally reported. So far the actions of the investigators seems most telling. 

I am fine with Kane never playing here again, if for no reason other than the fact that he is a blockhead. 

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My suggestion is to do neither. We are in a highly asymmetrical informational situation. Why people would choose to make unnecessary judgments knowing so little is beyond me. The lawyers, the police and the team have 100x the info we currently have. Let them do their thing.

Quite right. The temptation comes in when other posters are spouting all sorts of nonsense, and you feel that urge to rise to the guy's defense, at least provisionally, if only to take issue with the nonsense.

There have been no toxicology reports indicating he was under the influence of any substance much less cocaine.  

Agreed, agreed. But, dammit all, if this sort of behaviour doesn't seem consistent with the use of a certain illicit substance. (A big part of the reason I say that: He seems like a decent enough fellow (for whatever that's worth) and he does some good stuff off the ice. So whence his Mr. Hyde?)

The video hasn't been released and if the DA and investiators have seen it and are pursuing lesser non-criminal violations, they must not support the allegations as originally reported. So far the actions of the investigators seems most telling. 

Agreed again. It is sounding like a bit of a muddled mess. The thing that stings is that he's not accused of throwing punches at some chest-thumping bro's with whom he had a misunderstanding -- he's accused of putting his hands (repeatedly) on three different women. Ugh and Blechk.

I want to be clear in my earlier statement. I wasn't trying to say he should be fired now, I am describing what I would do if I were his employer.

Given the current reported information and allegations, if I were the GM (or if this was one of my employees) I would be purposefully seeking information on my own, not waiting for the justice system, to determine if he violated my standards of conduct. If Kane instigates violence against multiple women, and I can find evidence that reasonably supports this allegation to my satisfaction, I would terminate his employment immediately, regardless of his value to my enterprise. I would do this knowing full well that there are arbitration risks to the decision.

Kane pretty obviously can be a douchebag. That's about all anyone here knows.

The rest of this threatens to be another "let's project all my preconceived notions into a passionate argument about an incident I know very little about" thread, much like the Patrick Kane debacle of last summer.

Meanwhile, no is talking about Kyle Okposo.

And people blame the media for sensationalizing things, focusing on the negative and pandering to the lowest common denominator.

It's better than most, I'll give you that. 

As for the employees, it's their job to sway public opinion in a positive direction. Those doing their hardest to defend Kane in this thread are your first clue as to who's who. Not all of them, probably. But then again maybe. I think it's fair to say that a reasonable person would be a little annoyed at Kane at this point, not making excuses for him. If posters are exerting a lot of energy in defending him, I'd say it's pretty suspicious. If they are trying to spin this in a positive light, that's even more curious.

So no, it's not OK. These people act as though they are fans, but are employed to influence your opinions. They are not fans and they are not your friends. I'm frankly disgusted by them and they know who they are, and they hate me equally. Many use multiple accounts, and even reply and agree with each other. I saw it a couple times in this thread. I won't call them out in order to avoid a firestorm. But I assure you this is the status quo on every sports board. 

I think I'm going to make it a tradition to come back to this board every time Kane gets in trouble to kick the posters/PR reps who called me racist in the gut a bit. 

oMJmG5w_700wa_0.gif

Kane is a model citizen, a role model for young adults in the WNY area.    The media needs to leave him alone and let him live his life.    He's a target simply because of his skin color and.... a it.   

Seriously tho, Vesey on the otherhand....

Considering how bungled the Buffalo News and other outlets handled the Patrick Kane investigation and how eager they are to condemn Evander Kane, I will wait until more facts emerge. It does not look good for Evander.

The Buffalo News hates people named Kane.

Kane is a model citizen, a role model for young adults in the WNY area. The media needs to leave him alone and let him live his life. He's a target simply because of his skin color and.... a ###### it.

I hate to bring race into this, but he's definitely under the microscope being black in a white dominated sport. Still could be guilty of these accusations though.

If you hate it so much then why bring it up.

To think this has anything to do with race is ridiculous.

I bring it up because it's likely the truth, no matter how much we want to think otherwise.

In the eyes of the law, to think that blacks are held to a similar standard as whites it's just laughable.

Edited by kas23

I hate to bring race into this, but he's definitely under the microscope being black in a white dominated sport. Still could be guilty of these accusations though.

Tell that to Patrick Kane. Or Okposo. Or Steven Adams. Or...

I bring it up because it's likely the truth, no matter how much we want to think otherwise.

In the eyes of the law, to think that blacks are held to a similar standard as whites it's just laughable.

$$$ treats people differently

If you hate it so much then why bring it up.

To think this has anything to do with race is ridiculous.

technically Pi2000 brought it up. 

Kane is a model citizen, a role model for young adults in the WNY area.    The media needs to leave him alone and let him live his life.    He's a target simply because of his skin color and.... a ###### it.   

Tell that to Patrick Kane. Or Okposo. Or Steven Adams. Or...

$$$ treats people differently

Yes, money does that. If it wasn't for his money and high profile, I'm sure he would be sitting in jail by this point. Doesn't mean the cops can't sniff around looking for problems and likely do when dealing with people of color.

Yes, money does that. If it wasn't for his money and high profile, I'm sure he would be sitting in jail by this point. Doesn't mean the cops can't sniff around looking for problems and likely do when dealing with people of color.

It wasn't the cops, it was cameras and witnesses

Where'd you get that from? Jack's underage.

I believe it is mentioned in this very thread, a few pages back. It was apparently a special 18+ night where they were both therefore allowed to go.

And they weren't arrested even though they choked a girl too?

I'm missing something here.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.