2016 NHL DRAFT TONIGHT

Claude_Verret

This draft will be the measuring stick for Murray and co. They had a board that differed significantly from a lot of mainstream pundits and sites. They must feel really comfortable with the d pipeline in place. Time will tell.

Ty ronning is still out there, bit surprising for someone who tested well at certain areas in the combine.

Could be a good late pick up.

#83 Wouter peeters, Blackhawks.

Wow a Belgian player drafted, must be a first ?  Goalie from Salzburg apparently.

Cool.

I think it is a first.

Not much to be excited about in the near term.  Surprised that many of the draft picks are relatively small.  I thought we were trying to build a line-up with size and speed.  Maybe speed is trumping size at this point.

Copy-cat league. Penguins won with speed and skill.

Junior Jokerit, right?

Does Belgium have a domestic league?

We got a BeNE league now.   Belgium and Netherlands have one league again - Been trying that with many sports ( womens football, volleyball, basketball all looking into doing it, or have done it in some form already.)

Happened before in the 90's I think, but back then our facilities weren't so good and they split up.

https://www.rbihf.be/en/league/bene

Hmm seems to be a national league besides that as well, don't know the format of this will have to look into it.

Edited by Huckleberry

We got a BeNE league now.   Belgium and Netherlands have one league again - Been trying that with many sports ( womens football, volleyball, basketball all looking into doing it, or have done it in some form already.)

Happened before in the 90's I think, but back then our facilities weren't so good and they split up.

https://www.rbihf.be/en/league/bene

Hmm seems to be a national league besides that as well, don't know the format of this will have to look into it.

There's a team called the Eaters?  What does that mean over there?

With Lehner, Ullmark, Peterson and Kasdorf in the system; I see no pressing need for goalies.

I didn't see a pressing need for late round d either. But having a bunch of goalies at different stages of development seems prudent if for no other reason than they are so hard to project. Strength in numbers. I am not complaining just thought taking one would have been a reasonable investment.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.