The failure of Megathreads

PASabreFan

Megathreads have their place as long as the topic is relatively straightforward and narrow in scope, but I can't stand the ones that involve the entire rest of the league like the trade speculation one going on. too many voices on too many topics to keep straight.

<~ doing my part to threadspam since 6/24/16.

LOL

though I did follow the old fashioned country club rule of not talking for my first year (actually 3)

Megathreads have their place as long as the topic is relatively straightforward and narrow in scope, but I can't stand the ones that involve the entire rest of the league like the trade speculation one going on. too many voices on too many topics to keep straight.

<~ doing my part to threadspam since 6/24/16.

LOL

though I did follow the old fashioned country club rule of not talking for my first year (actually 3)

There's no such rule here.  Please post more often, including on your board/thread preferences.

If anyone says the board hasn't been a better place to visit these past several days with less megathread activity and more distinct threads, well, I will challenge you to a duet.

I'm in for "Ebony and Ivory".

If anyone says the board hasn't been a better place to visit these past several days with less megathread activity and more distinct threads, well, I will challenge you to a duet.

Yeah, I'm in for "I've had the time of my life"...

I'm in for "Ebony and Ivory".

Yeah, I'm in for "I've had the time of my life"...

"Islands in the Stream" for me. Dibs on the Dolly part.

Edited by sabills

As somebody who loves superthreads - it's been great seeing bigger conversations like MAJOR NHL deals and serious Sabres rumors split off into their own threads. I hope it keeps up.

Yeah, I think there's a happy medium here. I like still having the megathreads for smaller deals and simple rumors.

Any specific topic that can generate double digit replies - deserves its own day in the sun. The trades yesterday clearly show they were thread worthy and should never be delegated to a generic topic.

Now, a thread like that signing of that Rochester American player… That probably will not generate much discussion and could live happily in a generic Rochester Americans thread.

Yeah, I think there's a happy medium here. I like still having the megathreads for smaller deals and simple rumors.

For those of us with limited time to SS, it's good to have megathreads for entertainment and topic specific threads for noteworthy stuff. Makes it easier to decide when to break silence speak or just sit and listen.

I've noticed a few more people contributing, as well, and some of them brought the funny.

As for the duet, I'll take "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.