Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

The game was in January, about a month after that hit. The crowd wasn't bad at all when AO touched the puck. Of course the Sabres outplayed Wash from the drop of the puck that night. Won 4-1 chasing Holtby in the process. It was the game where Foligno body slammed Wilson in the 3rd. Was a great night all around.

Got it. If I'm at the Caps game this year I'm booing him :)

“What Jimmy wants to do is see it through,” said Fish. “He’s wanted to go to free agency and he’s going to see it through. There’s about 4-5 teams other than Buffalo that he wants to hear from. And then after that he’s going to make a decision. I think he’d love for the Bruins to be one of those teams. I assume that we will be taking a call from them."

“We’ve looked at depth charts with some teams and talked about them. . . . “There’s obviously a lot of thought that goes into it: The city, the coach, the GM, the salary structure, how a team treats their players in the second and third contracts down the road.   That said, Jimmy is acting like a little bitch and I can't wait for him to stop taking up all my damn time, you know, he's not the only client I have, but he doesn't seem to get that.  He needs to be coddled 24 hours a day by me and my agency, good luck to whichever franchise Jimmy chooses to make miserable for the next half dozen years."

“What Jimmy wants to do is see it through,” said Fish. “He’s wanted to go to free agency and he’s going to see it through. There’s about 4-5 teams other than Buffalo that he wants to hear from. And then after that he’s going to make a decision. I think he’d love for the Bruins to be one of those teams. I assume that we will be taking a call from them."

“We’ve looked at depth charts with some teams and talked about them. . . . “There’s obviously a lot of thought that goes into it: The city, the coach, the GM, the salary structure, how a team treats their players in the second and third contracts down the road.   That said, Jimmy is acting like a little bitch and I can't wait for him to stop taking up all my damn time, you know, he's not the only client I have, but he doesn't seem to get that.  He needs to be coddled 24 hours a day by me and my agency, good luck to whichever franchise Jimmy chooses to make miserable for the next half dozen years."

And now the actual quote with out all the crap stuffed pi

“We’ve looked at depth charts with some teams and talked about them. . . . “There’s obviously a lot of thought that goes into it: The city, the coach, the GM, the salary structure, how a team treats their players in the second and third contracts down the road.”

Fish said Vesey has handled the situation well, but is looking forward to putting the decision behind him.

“Jimmy’s been pretty quiet and calm about all this,” said Fish. “I think he’s looking forward to getting this over with so he can get on with his NHL career.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2016/08/nhl_hot_for_jimmy_vesey_and_harvard_star_is_narrowing_list_for_monday

“We’ve looked at depth charts with some teams and talked about them. . . . “There’s obviously a lot of thought that goes into it: The city, the coach, the GM, the salary structure, how a team treats their players in the second and third contracts down the road. That said, Jimmy is acting like a little bitch and I can't wait for him to stop taking up all my damn time, you know, he's not the only client I have, but he doesn't seem to get that. He needs to be coddled 24 hours a day by me and my agency, good luck to whichever franchise Jimmy chooses to make miserable for the next half dozen years."

Have to say, the 180 half way through, here, made me chuckle.

I will say that if Vesey doesn't sign here, while I like our top 6, there would be question marks. You can go ahead and pencil in the centre and right wing combinations, with O'Reilly - Okposo and Eichel - Reinhart. I'm very good with that 2/3 of the top 6 both now and into the future. But the left side is where the question marks come in. We've got Kane and Ennis. It's hard to say what'll happen with Kane, and I believe there are still question marks around the health of Ennis. While there is talent on the left side, that's quite a big question mark to have for 1/3 of your top 6.

Obviously Nylander factors in there in a big way long term, but I'm not supremely confident in the status of the top 6 for next season. Who knows if Vesey would have been a consistent contributing presence there as soon as next season, but it seems he may have stabilized things a bit.

I'm interested in Rick Nash.

Edited by Thorny

“Jimmy’s been pretty quiet and calm about all this,” said Fish. “I think he’s looking forward to getting this over with so he can get on with his NHL career.”[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

You got to love how he's making it sound like Vesey's experiencing some undue burden. That he can't wait for this nightmare to end.

That said, I wonder if TT's extension will have any bearing on his decision. Different sport and GM, but one owner who was willing to open the vault for a player when he didn't have to.

Edited by kas23

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2016/08/nhl_hot_for_jimmy_vesey_and_harvard_star_is_narrowing_list_for_monday

You got me for a moment!

"Huh?!!?"

I still don't know if this team is good enough to secure a playoff spot.

It's hard to know, at this point.

We aren't a team like Chicago, who should make the playoffs.

We aren't a team like Toronto, who shouldn't make the playoffs.

We are somewhere in the middle, a team on the upswing, but whether we make the playoffs this coming season is, I think, a toss-up at this point. It could go either way based on a number of factors.

If Murray doesn't add a top 6 forward, or another top 4 D man, and we go into the season exactly as is, my guess is we are a bubble team that falls just short.

We are somewhere in the middle, a team on the upswing, but whether we make the playoffs this coming season is, I think, a toss-up at this point. It could go either way based on a number of factors.

If Murray doesn't add a top 6 forward, or another top 4 D man, and we go into the season exactly as is, my guess is we are a bubble team that falls just short.

Don't be so pessimistic, we'll sneak in on the bubble :) otherwise I feel about the same. Barring Ennis of old returning and/or Moulson playing well. Otherwise we need a 2nd LW to run with Eichel and Reinhart. You could put Girgs there but then Larsson line ends up as the 3rd line and Ennis and Moulson end up on the 4th.

Don't be so pessimistic, we'll sneak in on the bubble :) otherwise I feel about the same. Barring Ennis of old returning and/or Moulson playing well. Otherwise we need a 2nd LW to run with Eichel and Reinhart. You could put Girgs there but then Larsson line ends up as the 3rd line and Ennis and Moulson end up on the 4th.

Currently I have Ennis on the line with Jack and Sam, in the hopes he is back to health.

It depends on Ennis, Moulson and Lehner.    

:huh:

IF Moulson actually plays hockey this year, it's gravy. They can still be a playoff team w/ him being as useless as last year. The other 2 not contributing at all? Yep, they're hosed.

My expectation is they sneak in. (Especially w/ Vesey's contributions. ;) :p)

:huh:

IF Moulson actually plays hockey this year, it's gravy. They can still be a playoff team w/ him being as useless as last year. The other 2 not contributing at all? Yep, they're hosed.

My expectation is they sneak in. (Especially w/ Vesey's contributions. ;) :P)

uxiVR.jpg

Talk about exaggerating. We don't know what other teams may have offered. We don't know if other teams even made an offer. But above and beyond? Not even close. GMTM did not trade a 1st or 2nd for his rights. No reason to get upset about it. Dang, Vesey learned of the trade a period of time after the trade went down and he was also very surprised by it. His plans have to been to wait for August 15th. Why change them if x amount of teams are wanting him on their team?

From what I can recall, the Sabres never made a "pitch" for Brad Richards. Buffalo knew his a max deal. They stayed clear of the guy. I honestly don't see how Vesey is being "rude about it." He's testing the market just like Richards. 

A resume is a resume. He put up numbers at Harvard, was a Hobey Baker winner and apparently many GM's have WATCHED him play. And that's what matters most. If GM's feel he is a high potential top 6 forward Vesey, he has a resume. Why shouldn't he use it?

who cares what round pick it is, it's not exaggerating. The sabres gave up the best asset to the Preds in order to get this kids rights to show him they were serious about wanting him to be a part of their future here. If some team Marva better offer he would have been traded there. His response is thanks, but I would rather look elsewhere, maybe I will come back if I don't get an offer from better places.

Who cares what this kid has done in college, against weaker players, it doesn't mean he will amount to squat in the NHL. He deserves boos from Buffalo and Nashville fans, although complete silence would be better cause what's the point in wasting your breath booing someone who most likely will amount to nothing special except for another overhyped prospect

I would counter with Kulikov, Lehner Risto and McCabe.  We have enough pieces up front even if we have to use Bailey Fasching and Carrier.  The back end is more suspect. 

who cares what round pick it is, it's not exaggerating. The sabres gave up the best asset to the Preds in order to get this kids rights to show him they were serious about wanting him to be a part of their future here. If some team Marva better offer he would have been traded there. His response is thanks, but I would rather look elsewhere, maybe I will come back if I don't get an offer from better places.

Who cares what this kid has done in college, against weaker players, it doesn't mean he will amount to squat in the NHL. He deserves boos from Buffalo and Nashville fans, although complete silence would be better cause what's the point in wasting your breath booing someone who most likely will amount to nothing special except for another overhyped prospect

True. I think the kid is all hype.

No hype with Vesey - watch any of his Harvard games or even foxboro games then tell me he's all hype

foxboro and harvard ain't the NHL, not even close.   

i'll say one thing, it looks like he's trying much harder than other guys in the summer league.   not sure if that's a good or bad thing.... good that his effort level is satisfactory, but bad because maybe at 23 what you see is his ceiling.... which is a very good college level player.

i'll say one thing, it looks like he's trying much harder than other guys in the summer league. not sure if that's a good or bad thing.... good that his effort level is satisfactory, but bad because maybe at 23 what you see is his ceiling.... which is a very good college level player.

He's probably one of the few players there that has something to prove

i'll say one thing, it looks like he's trying much harder than other guys in the summer league. not sure if that's a good or bad thing.... good that his effort level is satisfactory, but bad because maybe at 23 what you see is his ceiling.... which is a very good college level player.

He's just showing that he has what it takes to be named Captain after Gionta leaves next season. So it has been written by themustacheofgod.

I can't wait for Jimmy Vesey to get here and show Ryan O'Reilly what real work ethic is all about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.