Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

I bet Jimmy's a lot more concerned about the night life than day to day life. I could be wrong, maybe he's the kind to stay in at night. But co-owning a pad with a good buddy in the heart of Manhattan? Sounds like a 23 year old's dream.

I never got the sense that Vesey cares about the "night life" and I'm not going to start leaning that way based off a probably-untrue report of him buying a condo in Manhattan. A guy who puts off millions of dollars for 4 years to stay in school doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to base a life-altering decision on a city's night life. 

Even if he the "report" is true, and he does end up signing with the Rangers and living with Hayes, it still doesn't mean the night life factored into any of it. It makes sense for him to live with a good friend/team mate in the city where he plays hockey.

Edited by thesportsbuff

I bet Jimmy's a lot more concerned about the night life than day to day life. I could be wrong, maybe he's the kind to stay in at night. But co-owning a pad with a good buddy in the heart of Manhattan? Sounds like a 23 year old's dream.

I don't even think the difference is staying in vs going out. Plenty of cities have a good night life without the, I dunno, density (probably the wrong word) of NYC.

I never got the sense that Vesey cares about the "night life" and I'm not going to start leaning that way based off a probably-untrue report of him buying a condo in Manhattan. A guy who puts off millions of dollars for 4 years to stay in school doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to base a life-altering decision on a city's night life. 

Even if he the "report" is true, and he does end up signing with the Rangers and living with Hayes, it still doesn't mean the night life factored into any of it. It makes sense for him to live with a good friend/team mate in the city where he plays hockey.

Nightlife in Cambridge is also pretty awesome. He's a hockey player.  Chances are he likes going to bars.

Not to mention I never said the nightlife had anything to do with Jimmy's life altering decision.  Just why it would make sense for him to have a pad in NYC without necessarily being on the Rangers.

I don't even think the difference is staying in vs going out. Plenty of cities have a good night life without the, I dunno, density (probably the wrong word) of NYC.

I have a 72 year old great aunt who lives in downtown Manhattan and she still goes out.  That life just suits some people.

(goes out into the city, not out partying... I think)

Nightlife in Cambridge is also pretty awesome. He's a hockey player.  Chances are he likes going to bars.Not to mention I never said the nightlife had anything to do with Jimmy's life altering decision.  Just why it would make sense for him to have a pad in NYC without necessarily being on the Rangers.

Jimmy couldn't jump at all before he got this.

Jimmy was like you.

Nightlife in Cambridge is also pretty awesome. He's a hockey player. Chances are he likes going to bars.

Not to mention I never said the nightlife had anything to do with Jimmy's life altering decision. Just why it would make sense for him to have a pad in NYC without necessarily being on the Rangers.

I have a 72 year old great aunt who lives in downtown Manhattan and she still goes out. That life just suits some people.

(goes out into the city, not out partying... I think)

Senior citizen orgies at the assisted living, obviously :p Edited by TrueBlueGED

What's with all the NYC hate? Are we really pretending that it's not one of the coolest places to go out at night?

I think it just isn't the thing for some people.

When lived outside of Boston, I had to travel to NYC for work a few times a year.  I got to know the city better (a LOT better) when I met my eventual wife there, and we visited there frequently after she moved away and her parents still lived in Queens.

I can say, without a doubt, I really really dislike the city. Crowded, smells bad, overpriced...and I'm not just talking Manhattan, but all the boroughs.  90% (or more) of what you can find in NY City you can find in other places, often for a lot less cost and for a lot less aggravation.  I have no desire to really ever go to or visit there ever again.  Its just not for me.

According to a guy named Andy Graziano, Beset has already told two teams that they're out.

He also doesn't have Buffalo listed as one of his prospective teams, so take it fwiw.

I don't think anyone outside of the Vesey camp has any idea what they're talking about.

Noooooooooooo not that mental image, no thanks.

I'd say check for condoms next time you visit, but at that age, why bother?

Okay I'm done, promise.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

It's pretty absurd how the arbitrary date that Jimmy became a FA has turned him into one of the most talked about prospects in the league, despite him being no better of a prospect than Alex Nylander.

Even GMs might have been holding up their final plans until the Jimmy Situation sorted itself out. They should change the date to July 1st. Or July 10th if it really has to be different.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I don't think anyone outside of the Vesey camp has any idea what they're talking about.

I'd say check for condoms next time you visit, but at that age, why bother?

Okay I'm done, promise.

STI rates at senior living facilities are near epidemic levels... I kid you not.

STI rates at senior living facilities are near epidemic levels... I kid you not.

Thanks to Viagara and Company.

In regards to Graziano leaving the Sabres out, a lot of pundits started excluding them when it looked like he would not sign before August 15th. I still believe them are in the mix

Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.