Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

In two years, this (wonderfully entertaining) thread will be 392 pages, containing tens of thousands of insights on Vesey, Pitlick, and numerous other picks traded for college UFAs. Some people will want us to keep Vesey (or sign him altogether) and some people will want him gone (or avoided at all costs). It'll be pretty awesome.

In two years, this (wonderfully entertaining) thread will be 392 pages, containing tens of thousands of insights on Vesey, Pitlick, and numerous other picks traded for college UFAs. Some people will want us to keep Vesey (or sign him altogether) and some people will want him gone (or avoided at all costs). It'll be pretty awesome.

I had a dream last night. He signed, and we traded him for Zack Kassian at the deadline.

Edited by N'eo

My god this has devolved into a bunch of small town boys ripping on what is arguably the greatest city in the world? No, not for everybody, but LOL at the guy who said you can pretty much find what you find in NYC anywhere.

So is NJ out? My darkhorse pick never had a chance. :(

Indeed.

Couple things I've thought for awhile now:

1) Jimmy initially rejected Nashville because he saw an opportunity to play in Boston

2) upon further review, he's considered the situation a little more fully and realized that there are potential negatives to playing in Boston.

He's taken time to fully analyze what wants, came up with a checklist and he's meeting with teams to confirm how well they meet that checklist and find out if there are any factors he's overlooked.

Buffalo, thanks to a calculated gamble got to the front of the line. Jimmy is weighing each situation against the Sabres, and unless Murray or Bylsma rubbed him the wrong way I think the Sabres will remain at the top of his list. From what he has said is important to him, they are the best match.

Until Boston. It's not a gimme. Boston will have to play it smart. But the kid wants to be convinced.

When it comes down to heart versus head, the heart will usually win out.

There is a reason he talked to Buffalo first and Boston last.

This is pretty much, in my view, the state of things. He's going to Boston if they offer him everything we did, or he falls back to the Sabres. In some ways it reminds me of Babcock, hopefully turns out differently on Thursday/Friday.

No, not for everybody, but LOL at the guy who said you can pretty much find what you find in NYC anywhere.

(

I live in DC, so am a passive observer in this. But, you have my interest. What exactly can you find in NYC you can't find anywhere else? Are we talking people, architecture, climate, food, geography, drugs, healthcare, beer, fetishes, flights? Just point me in a general direction. Edited by kas23

My god this has devolved into a bunch of small town boys ripping on what is arguably the greatest city in the world? No, not for everybody, but LOL at the guy who said you can pretty much find what you find in NYC anywhere. :(

Yeh but can you find those things 24-7, I think not. granted for a price but you can.

My god this has devolved into a bunch of small town boys ripping on what is arguably the greatest city in the world? No, not for everybody, but LOL at the guy who said you can pretty much find what you find in NYC anywhere.

So is NJ out? My darkhorse pick never had a chance. :(

Indeed.

Are you referring to me? Because if so, your reading comprehension has failed you. I said, and I quote, "Plenty of cities have a good night life."

I live in DC, so am a passive observer in this. But, you have my interest. What exactly can you find in NYC you can't find anywhere else?

Culture unlike DC, and 24-7. DC used to be less constricted, post 911 became an armed camp. NYC has some restrictions but much more open. Still DC has free museums.

Culture unlike DC, and 24-7. DC used to be less constricted, post 911 became an armed camp. NYC has some restrictions but much more open. Still DC has free museums.

What type of culture? Different races? Food? Concerts? Art museums? What?

If we're talking a "feel" or "vibe", then I agree. Cities like LA, Chicago, DC have a different feel to them you could never find anywhere else.

Edited by kas23

The hype I think took over to much when it comes to Vesey, there are scouts out there that think he is a #1 LW that will score 25 - 35 goals and 75 points.

I believe the scouts more who say he was in a weaker college conference and he will be a 20 50 point guy.   off course all of this is easier playing with a good center.

There are also the scouts who predict that he couldn't even score 20 goals in the AHL.

Edited by Huckleberry

Well then, I 100% missed that. By chance was it in the midst of a string of Pi posts? Because that would explain it :lol:

I just looked because I thought it might have been me but I couldn't find it. Would be nice if people would use proper board etiquette and quote whoever they are referring to but I digress.

No, somebody said what he quoted verbatim.

That was me, and I 100% stand by my comment.  My wife lived and grew up in NY city (for over 30 years) and I have spent a lot of time there. In my life (for my job) I also lived in Boston, very close to Miami, and Charlotte.  We have relatives in Chicago that we visit often (a few time spending a full week there).  I just don't see many positives that NY city offers that you can't find in other cities...and I see things in other Cities that NY city doesn't offer. It is an opinion, but NY city is no where NEAR the greatest city in this country to me (let alone the World).

Are you referring to me? Because if so, your reading comprehension has failed you. I said, and I quote, "Plenty of cities have a good night life."

I just looked because I thought it might have been me but I couldn't find it. Would be nice if people would use proper board etiquette and quote whoever they are referring to but I digress.

Take it easy fellas. I was referring to CT Fab, who sounds like he had a traumatic experience there. 

Like I said not for people who don't like cities. Absolutely. But I don't think you'll find a more international metro with such unique density, allowing for limitless cuisine, art, comedy, or any other cultural pleasure all within a city block. Not to mention a one-of-a-kind (at least in US) transit system, beautiful early century architecture from brownstones to bridges, iconic Olmsted parks, underrated beaches within a short drive, etc etc etc.  As an urban planner and a resident of NYC, San Fran and now LA (among others), I can say this is a general consensus among those interested in American cities. 

Take it easy fellas. I was referring to CT Fab, who sounds like he had a traumatic experience there. 

Like I said not for people who don't like cities. Absolutely. But I don't think you'll find a more international metro with such unique density, allowing for limitless cuisine, art, comedy, or any other cultural pleasure all within a city block. Not to mention a one-of-a-kind (at least in US) transit system, beautiful early century architecture from brownstones to bridges, iconic Olmsted parks, underrated beaches within a short drive, etc etc etc.  As an urban planner and a resident of NYC, San Fran and now LA (among others), I can say this is a general consensus among those interested in American cities. 

Sorry this comes off as a d**k. Who cares? To each their own. What a thread!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/burke-most-ncaa-free-agents-have-very-little-impact%7E931912

Brian Burke is usually good for a funny line. At the end of the video he says the impact of NCAA free agents is equivalent to a pimple on an elephant's butt.

A lot of truth there but it could be sour grapes for not being invited to Jimmy's party.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.