Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

This can be great or not..... Either Jack is the sole reason we are a contender still, and that means we didn't meet many of his demands,or murray rubbed him the wrong way or etc...

Or jack is seen as such a star that he is luring bait towards us. Which is awesome.

I hope you're more positive than this while delivering babies :p

"You're doing great. Or maybe not. That may be an umbilical cord choking the life out of your child. Who knows?"

The better question is, will he be better than him this season?

Depends who Vesey elevates to greatness :p

Better than Toews at what? Scoring? Yes.

I agree he'll have more points, though probably not by a lot. All around game won't be close.

Do the relative gaps between the areas in which they are better or worse than one another favor Eichel?

Jack has a significantly better shot than Toews but Toews all around game is just insane. Hard to really judge how close they are until Jack plays another year or two. 

I agree he'll have more points, though probably not by a lot. All around game won't be close.

Toews had 28g and 58 points last season

Eichel had 24g and 56 points last season

Now I think Toews was down about 7 points from his average but still Jack should outscore him this season, by how much beats me.

In 2015 the Buffalo Sabres won the tank by 2 points or 1 win. DR does not execute the Kane trade which helped the tank, he probably doesn't send Reinhart back to juniors which help finish the tank. I have no doubt in my mind that DR would not have stomached or been able to successfully tank in 2015. As for the Laine/Matthews idea, I for 1 am rather glad the Sabres were not major contenders for the top 2 picks in this years draft because it means progress. I agree that Vesey would never have set foot in Buffalo if DR were still here because DR would still be to afraid to do anything but maintain the status quo and win every single trade he ever contemplated.

Look at where the Sabres were in '13-'14 when DR got canned & where they finished that year. Yes, they still were dead last by a good margin, but they weren't playing AHL level hockey by then. DR wouldn't have risked that before he was in 30th by 30 points. DR never would've brought in useful vets like Gionta in '14-'15. There was no concern about a DR assembled team, that he would've wanted to suck ("suffering" was the term), being w/in a win of missing out on Eichel. Stafford would definitely have been gone for a package of prospects that wouldn't have helped in '15 and Myers/Bogosian were effectively washes and whichever DR had (it would've been Myers) wouldn't have pushed them to 29. DR is THE most risk-adverse GM there is; he would have given RR all of his 1 season and would've brought in a non-credentialed coach in '14-'15 to maintain the tire fire.

And DR's team would've been absolutely unwatchable last year & only marginally watchable this season.

And the Reinhart that would've been in Buffalo in '14-'15 was the '14-'15 Reinhart, not the '15-'16 one.

Look at where the Sabres were in '13-'14 when DR got canned & where they finished that year. Yes, they still were dead last by a good margin, but they weren't playing AHL level hockey by then. DR wouldn't have risked that before he was in 30th by 30 points. DR never would've brought in useful vets like Gionta in '14-'15. There was no concern about a DR assembled team, that he would've wanted to suck ("suffering" was the term), being w/in a win of missing out on Eichel. Stafford would definitely have been gone for a package of prospects that wouldn't have helped in '15 and Myers/Bogosian were effectively washes and whichever DR had (it would've been Myers) wouldn't have pushed them to 29. DR is THE most risk-adverse GM there is; he would have given RR all of his 1 season and would've brought in a non-credentialed coach in '14-'15 to maintain the tire fire.

And DR's team would've been absolutely unwatchable last year & only marginally watchable this season.

And the Reinhart that would've been in Buffalo in '14-'15 was the '14-'15 Reinhart, not the '15-'16 one.

We'll just have to disagree on this. 

Per Kevin Paul DuPont

Expect Vesey announcement Thurs or Fri this week.

Great I get back from camping on Thursday.

Vesey rep says Jack Eichel has been and is a "significant factor" in #Sabres remaining a contender in the process. @WGRZ

If he chooses BUF, he will be Jack's cross to bear.

Well if that's true and he doesn't pick Chicago, we know why he didn't stay in Nashville

This was also posted by as well

Vesey rep says #Sabres will "unequivocally" be on Vesey's short list. "They've had their say... They'll have it again." @wgrz

'Unequivocally'. I like the sound of that

Per Article BlackHawks remain on the list

According to sources familiar with the situation, Vesey has a short list of five or six teams that includes the Bruins and other teams in the northeast area, including the Rangers, Devils and Sabres. A source indicated that the player has something of a preference to play in the northeast; Fish declined to confirm, noting that Eastern Conference teams top Vesey’s list but that anything is possible. To that point, the Blackhawks remain on Vesey’s list after scouting him throughout the summer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.