2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Hoooooooooooo boy. I've long been a proponent of video review because of some egregious offsides that have gone unnoticed, but after seeing it play out this season I'm in favor of some kind of "reasonable distance" standard so toenail offsides no longer wipe out goals. 

I also may or may not be biased because I picked the Blues in multiple playoff pools :angel:

There are so many non-icing calls where the player doesn't technically hit the red line, but the dump in is in the spirit of the rule is there so the refs let it go, where if they were to call those they could easily change the course of a game, because leaving tired players out affect the game a lot more than that inch of space between Letehra's foot and the ice does. Before this rule, that play is onside 100 times out of 100, because of the same type of laxness. That's so .

this league. every last thing about this piece of product. their challenges, their ads, their lottery, their refs, their schedule, their Calder, and their fat ass eating piece of monkey licking cok fridge that is their commissioner. them, them all. Ruining the sport

No the Hawks score now. the worlds biggest dick Bettman. I'll be waiting in hell for you to queue up and add some more for you you tard

Edited by WildCard

Hoooooooooooo boy. I've long been a proponent of video review because of some egregious offsides that have gone unnoticed, but after seeing it play out this season I'm in favor of some kind of "reasonable distance" standard so toenail offsides no longer wipe out goals. 

I also may or may not be biased because I picked the Blues in multiple playoff pools :angel:

Yeah, it's like a vicinity play in a baseball double play.  Do we really want a replay to tell us if the second baseman's foot actually touched the bag before the throw to first.  It's immaterial to the play.

###### this league. ###### every last thing about this piece of ###### product. ###### their challenges, ###### their ads, ###### their lottery, ###### third refs, ###### their schedule, ###### their Calder, and ###### their fat ###### ass eating piece d monkey ###### licking ###### fridge that is their commissioner. ###### them, ###### them all. Ruining the ###### sport

Tell us how you really feel.  :D

###### this league. ###### every last thing about this piece of ###### product. ###### their challenges, ###### their ads, ###### their lottery, ###### their refs, ###### their schedule, ###### their Calder, and ###### their fat ###### ass eating piece of monkey ###### licking cok fridge that is their commissioner. ###### them, ###### them all. Ruining the ###### sport

No ###### the Hawks score now. ###### the worlds biggest dick Bettman. I'll be waiting in hell for you to queue up and add some more for you you ######tard

This is like a combo rant with Liger's passion and Physics' profanity :lol:

What a shitshow.

What is the point of having rules if nobody wants to follow them? It was offside. No goal.

They're going to review this one too.

Because there are so many unreviewable plays that have so much more to do with any goal. You can't have them challenge an offside call and pick up the play where it was when they determine it wasn't offside. You can't challenge a penalty that was called incorrectly that gives another team the game. But something as unimportant as that little foot lift, while still in spirit of the offside rule like the constant icing shots just short of the red line that they let go, can turn a series. It's ridiculous to think this is good for the game. It's a joke.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.