Tom Webster Contest 6.0

tom webster

True....where is Evander Kane?

Antics, obviously.

I knew I forgot someone! I had another trade with Foligno in there but saw myself short on forwards, so I dumped it. Damn. At least I'm not working on a firm deadline here :lol:

Edit: And fixed. Not necessarily the lines I'd like to see, but it's a prediction thread, sooooo.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Alright, here we go, time for fun:

-Pysyk + 2017 3rd to Minnesota for Scandella

-Girgensons + 2017 1st + 2nd to Ottawa for Hoffman + Wiercioch

Johnson

The 2nd trade is pretty interesting, but the first is at least as...optimistic as my proposal for Lindholm was.

The 2nd trade is pretty interesting, but the first is at least as...optimistic as my proposal for Lindholm was.

Not unfair. My reasoning was Scandella has had a down year, the Wild are cap strapped and have to sign Dumba to a new deal while having a few seemingly unmovable contracts (Vanek & Pommer). So they clear out $3 million in space, get a Dman with some upside who fits their style in return. In any event, I think one of their current top-4 is getting shipped out, and it pretty positive it's not going to be Suter or Spurgeon.

Jordan Eberle, Zach Bogosian and Mark Pysyk will be the principles pieces in a trade with Edmonton.

Keith Yandle and (I want to say Goligoski here but too many took him so I'm going with another) Jason Demers join the Sabres blue line.

Stamkos signs elsewhere

Chad Johnson signs elsewhere

Jamie McGinn re-signs with Buffalo

In keeping with GMTM's love of big Swedish goalies, Sabres sign Anders Lindback to back up Robin Lehner

Edited by We've

Johnson is gone. Possibly Calgary

Moulson retained, Legwand retained

We pick 8th and draft either juolevi or chcyruhn..... GMTM doesn't love Russians, I don't think we trade our pick at all (unless we win a lottery and possibly trade down) slim chance.

We Try and Deal Ennis, but his value is simply too low so he slots back up top next year.

Girgs and pysyk are traded.

I believe we get one of fowler/Lindholm/vatanen

We also deal with Colorado and make a stab for landenskog/duchene/barrie and land at least 1 of those players mentioned in a trade that we are mad about until that player plays lights out for us..... Guhle is on the table for trading

Vesey is offered a shot up top and agrees to Buffalo, if not then he's in Boston (hopefully not) , stammer to the leafs, Phoenix wins the Matthews sweepstakes.

McGinn is wined and dined but in the end is too pricy for the Sabres.

Risto signed at 5.75mm x6 the thought of a bridge is there, but ultimately the long term price works out OK without bridging.

Sabres sign calugglia

Erod has legit shot with the big club right from camp, Bailey may fill in as well.

And of course there will be ANTICS all over the place.

No significant coaching or managerial changes foreseen.

Lehner probably reinjures his ankle trying to get into super he-man shape in the off-season.

At least 2 sabres get food poisoning from chicken parm at chefs over the off season.

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

I'll have a go at this one again :D

- * ###### it Stamkos signs with the sabres. 

- Johnson signs elsewhere

- we pick Juolevi.

- One of vessey or caggiula choose the sabres.

- Franson won't get traded because of his injury.

- Girgensons and Pysyk get traded in a package for a LHD.

- Risto signs at 8x6.5.

Edit *

Edited by Huckleberry

Sabres pick 8th

Larrson-Ennis and 2nd for Hoffman +

Acquisitions Yandle and Okposo

Johnson signs with Calgary

Legwand signs 2 year vet minimum deal

Lines

Kane-ROR-Okposo

Hoffman-Eichel-Samson

Foligno-Girgensons-Fasching/Gionta

Des-Legwand-Gionta/Fasching

Yandle-Risto

McCabe-Bogo

Gorges-Pysyk

Franson

* Sabres pick 9th and end up taking someone a little unexpected (such as Keller or McLeod) with which the board negatively over reacts but player ends up working out (similar to Risto a few years ago).  Also, this pick occurs despite one of the top 3 dmen still on the board

* Keith Yandle is signed as a free agent

* Risto signs a 8 year $6 mil per deal

* Vessey and Calugglia sign with Sabres

* Despite starting on the third pairing Jake McCabe takes a big step forward and is again a regular in the top 4 and one of our better dmen

* Johnson does not resign

* Lehner plays atleast 50 games and becomes a fan favorite

Alright, let's have some fun

=> Pick Juolevi 

=> Sign Goligoski, and Hamhuis or Yannick Weber

=> Edmonton trades two of Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, 2016 1st

=> Toronto loses the lottery, and becomes wing heavy like the Sabres of old

=> Briefly, very briefly, in the Stamkos running.

=> Risto, Larsson, Foligno, Des, Nelson resigned

=> Bailey starts in Buffalo, Fasching in Rochester. 

=> Kane and Ennis come back healthy, and useful

=> The Bogo Bunker thrives, but Lehner stays healthy and puts out a Vezina like season

=> We get one of, if not both, Vesey and Caligula

=> Johnson runs off to Calgary

=> Matty Mou gets another shot, but has a short leash and will be replaced by Bailey

=> We show no interest in bringing back McGinn

=> Jack scores 30+, Reinhart has 60+ points

=> ROR wins a Selke

=> We make the playoffs, as a divisional seed

=> Hoffman <=> Girgs + 2017 1st + McCabe (depending on his willingness to resign. If not, Pysyk) 

Kane - ROR - Ennis

Hoffman - Eichel - Reinhart

Foligno - Larsson - Gionta

Des - Schaller - Moulson/Bailey

Risto - Goligoski

Bogosian - Hamhuis/Weber

Pysyk - Nelson

Franson

Lehner

Ullmark

You all just lost

Edited by WildCard

Sabres win first pick in lottery.  If they do, GMTM trades the pick.  If not, they pick Juolevi. 

Johnson is offered a 3 year, $1.75m per, contract by GMTM.  Turns down that contract, finally accepts a 1 year deal elsewhere for the same $$.

Risto plays ball and would accept a 3 year bridge contract if the Sabres land Stamkos on a 3 year contract.  Stamkos goes for the longer term and bigger $$ from the Leafs.  Risto signs a 7 year $5.5m per contract. 

Legawand returns for 1 year, $1.875m.

Foligno returns for 2 years, $2.25m per.

Larson returns for 3 years, $1.875m per.

Girgensons rights are traded.

D-lo returns for 2 years, $1m per.

McCabe returns for 3 years, $1.5m per.

Pysyk is traded.

Colaiacovo does not resign.

Drake Caggiula signs with Buffalo.

GMTM essentially ignores McGinn.  No offer, no sign-ee.

I like nfreeman's thinking, will steal it: Hampus Lindholm arrives in Buffalo via trade.

There are no changes to the Sabres' coaching staff over the summer.

Jimmy Vesey talks with Buffalo.  Future uncertain.  I could see him in TO or with us.  If TO signs Stamkos, that increases the likelihood Vesey signs here, finishing our forward group.

Jack Jack and Samson come back as monsters.  Jack Jack gets in a fight and destroys his opponent.  Not messed with the rest of the season.  Samson develops a mean streak to aid his net-front-presence.  Both make secret bet to each other over who will score more over the season.  Both get at least 30 goals.

Ennis is hit by game 15 and his career is ended.

Sabres enter playoffs above the wildcard slots, say, 6th place.

Lehner makes GMTM proud.

Matty Mo re-invents his role and becomes a line gypsy, filling in where needed.  He takes Z's role on the PK.

Nearly forgot: ROR gets a slap on the wrist because he "has shown he is penitent and this act was not in line with his character".  He pays a significant fine, has to pay for all damages to Timmy Ho's.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

I won this a few years ago but was unable to use the prize.

This year, Buffalo, I'm coming for ya!

• Sabres fail to sign Caggiula
  • Reinhart lights it up at the worlds
  • Team quickly signs Girgensons, Foligno and Larsson to affordable two- or three-year deals
  • Win second pick in the lottery (have to be consistent here)
  • Take Laine after never really seriously entertaining trade offers. He lights up development camp
  • Trade Ennis and Pysyk to the Oilers for Jordan Eberle
  • Trade Cody Franson, a decent prospect like Baptiste and a 2nd-rounder to the Blues in a cap dump for Jay Bouwmeester
  • We let all our UFAs walk. Chad signs a nice deal with Calgary
  • Overpay for Cam Ward on a two-year back-up deal
  • Use UFA to sign a handful of Legwand/Colaiacovo/Donovan/COR level UFA vets. None make the opening night line-up
  • Ignore Stamkos with Laine in the fold. Flirt with some UFA defencemen but refuse to pay a premium and fail to make a big signing
  • Vesey picks Buffalo but doesn't have a great camp
  • A young, touted forward, probably Girgensons, is the centrepiece of a trade to the Wild for Brodin. The Sabres are all of a sudden overloaded on the left side.
  • Bylsma loses a summer-long argument with Murray. Reinhart starts camp at centre.
  • Moulson comes to camp in amazing shape but fails to show any improvement. Not in the starting lineup opening night.
  • Jack comes to camp all-business after a low-profile summer. Lights up the World Cup.
  • Still unsigned, Risto is not there for day one of camp. Signs late for 7 years, $45 million
OPENING NIGHT

O'Reilly/Eichel/Eberle

Kane/Reinhart/Laine

Foligno/Larsson/Gionta

Deslauriers/Schaller/Rodrigues

Moulson/Vesey

Bouwmeester/Ristolainen

Brodin/Bogosian

McCabe/Gorges

Lehner/Ward

EDIT: If the league rigs the lottery and we don't move up, Murray will throw our drafties into a tizzy by ignoring Sergachev and other highly regarded players and "reaching" for a guy in the mid-teens like Jake Bean.

Edited by dudacek

Vesey signs with us. Calligula signs with Philly

Risto resigned at 6.25 for 6 years

Trade for Hoffman

Pysyk is gone. Ennis too.

Chad signs for 2 years

Legwand for 1

We sign Hamhuis for 4 years

Trade for a youngish but decent Dman - maybe Tanev

Sign Darren Helm

COR starts in Buffalo. Bailey too. Rodriques is 13th man.

Edmonton wins the lottery - because that is tradition

Buffalo is selected third. Drops down in position (maybe with Vancouver/Tanev) and drafts Chrychrychrychryn

I was quite proud about my Hamhuis prediction. I like that Helm one though, haven't seen that yet

I think Hamhuis would be a great fit for us.

Living out here, I don't think we're a great fit for him.

He's a real west coast boy, gave the Canucks a hometown discount last time and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.

Only way I see him moving east is to join a team right on the cusp like Dallas.

Some people out here think he's done, but I always liked his game. I'd kick those tires.

Wondering what people thought of my Bouwmeester idea.

He's 32 and has three more years at $5.4

Seems done offensively, but he can still skate.

Not a top pairing guy anymore, but I'm sure St. Louis would love to dump him to re-sign Shattenkirk.

Bet he could be had for a song.

I was just remembering Murrays comment about being willing to grab an older veteran from a cap-strapped team. People jumped on Nash, but the Blues might be a better fit.

A latter-day Patrick or Numminen?

Edited by dudacek

He's a real west coast boy, gave the Canucks a hometown discount last time and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.

Some people out here think he's done, but I always liked his game. I'd kick those tires.

Not a top pairing guy anymore, but I'm sure St. Louis would love to dump him to re-sign Shattenkirk.

I was just remembering Murrays comment about being willing to grab an older veteran from a cap-strapped team. People jumped on Nash, but the Blues might be a better fit.

What would you guess, for what we'd have to give up for Bouwmeester? We'd have to fit a year of him under the cap with new Eichel and Samson contracts, wouldn't we?

I hate Jay Bouwmeester.

That said, if we're insistent on Bogosian being 2nd pair on the right, I think Bouwmeester is an ideal partner for him in terms of complementary skills, pushes McCabe to the 3rd where I think he belongs, and makes moving Gorges more palatable. Of course, that still leaves a gaping hole next to Risto, but I do think it would be a marked improvement to the D corps. For the right price I think I'm in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.