2016 NHL Bracket Challenge

WildCard

Ha, that's amazing. All I did for that bracket was pick teams based upon their regular season score-adjusted Corsi-for percentage. That's it--no other stats, no statistical model, nothing.

All hail the spreadsheet! :nana:

That's hilarious.  :lol:

If this bracket goes anything like my March Madness bracket, then I will be of no competition to you all.

Seriously, I'm a pretty big college basketball fan and I follow the sport throughout the year. Yet somehow, my fiancee has beat me in our bracket challenge four years running without watching any games, knowing any players, etc. It's hilarious but sad at the same time. Anyways, can't wait for the NHL playoffs, so I'm looking forward to this. 

Well, I should have known... My fiancee only watches bits and pieces of the occasional Sabres game. She tunes all other hockey out. But who did she have in the finals? Penguins over Sharks, of course. Next year, she's making my picks for me.

Ha, that's amazing. All I did for that bracket was pick teams based upon their regular season score-adjusted Corsi-for percentage. That's it--no other stats, no statistical model, nothing.

All hail the spreadsheet! :nana:

I'm actually really stoked this worked  :lol:

The fact that I scored 30 points total is embarrassingly epic. That's a whole new level of bad. I knew my bracket was jacked up after the first round, but holy hell! I think I need a timeout.

I'm right there with you.

I now stand in 713,983 place overall ...  :w00t:

This is awesome!!

I'm right there with you.

I now stand in 713,983 place overall ... :w00t:

This is awesome!!

Haha! NS, my friend, the only people behind us are the ones who left their brackets incomplete. We are the masters of our domain!

Haha the reason I am not dead last with 20 points is that some brackets were empty.

20 points, this is really really bad.

Next year will hopefully be better. When Buffalo reach the playoffs I will bet on an first round out.

-->75% chance they make it to round two. :D

Edited by LaLaLaFontaine

The fact that I scored 30 points total is embarrassingly epic. That's a whole new level of bad. I knew my bracket was jacked up after the first round, but holy hell! I think I need a timeout.

Yeah, you suck. I have 33. points, suck it!

So here's my admission: my bracket is almost entirely cribbed from some reputable site's playoff preview (featuring actual hockey people). I'm almost wondering if I could have done better on my own.

Yeah, you suck. I have 33. points, suck it!

So here's my admission: my bracket is almost entirely cribbed from some reputable site's playoff preview (featuring actual hockey people). I'm almost wondering if I could have done better on my own.

I haven't finished outside of the top 3 in a March madness bracket since high school. Ya know why? I remove all emotion from my selection process. I have a hard time doing that with the NHL. Is it because my college team has a championship? I think it might be. The spite of it all, that's what screws me up in the NHL. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Or, in his case, you win some you win some.

That was the joke I, poorly, attempted to make  ;)

Well, at least he's not in freakishly good shape with rugged good looks or anything like that. At least he lost out in the gene pool.

Na, that would just be unfair

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.