Sabres at Devils 4-5-16 @7pm

spndnchz

79 points with two games to go. And we just leap-frogged the Habs. And they're losing right now.

Oh, and Arizona, and they're losing too.

These games don't mean $hit except screwing up a top 5 pick. Now we can only hope we win that stupid lottery. Yes it's great that the kids are progressing but I really want one of the Finns or Tkachuk. That would be huge for the rebuild and of course Matthews.

Me too but we could have a new coach 20 games in. So we got that going for us, which is nice. Seriously, I put no value in strong finishes.[/quote

Me neither the only thing it did is move us out of a top 5 pick.

Me too but we could have a new coach 20 games in. So we got that going for us, which is nice. Seriously, I put no value in strong finishes.

Typically there wouldn't be much value to it, but I fully expect a good start this coming season. These guys really seem to want to be here and are playing for each other. It's fun to watch the growth.

To those disappointed by a win, as much as I would love a high pick, we are no longer fielding a bunch of nobodies, at least half the team is a part of the future and I'd rather see them show signs of progress than stagnate. These aren't garbage wins pulled off by Gionta and Lindback, these are quality ones brought about from ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Larsson, etc all of whom will be on this team 2 to 3 years from now most likely.

Light crowd on Sabrespace tonight...

Really has been a story as the season has wound down.

I guess for many, there just isn't the conflict to draw you in.

Dismal as the tank was to watch, at least it had drama.

Me, I'm enjoying watching the team come together.

I get the meaninglessness of many late season kicks, but for a young team it means something.

They are becoming comfortable in the system and with each other and confident in their place in the league.

This season turned out to be pretty much everything I had hoped.

To those disappointed by a win, as much as I would love a high pick, we are no longer fielding a bunch of nobodies, at least half the team is a part of the future and I'd rather see them show signs of progress than stagnate. These aren't garbage wins pulled off by Gionta and Lindback, these are quality ones brought about from ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Larsson, etc all of whom will be on this team 2 to 3 years from now most likely.

Excellent post, wookie.

I have a meeting with a kitchen designer for new cabinets at 7:30 tonight.  :cry:

Oh FFS you're the home owner writing the check. You do anything you damn well feel like. In their store or in your home. You won't offend them. And if your going to a retail store, they have functional fridges in all the model areas. One of them has beer in it. Lean on a counter and tell him you want a beer and to turn that cardboard TV under the cupboard on to the Sabres game.

I couldn't be A.Devils fan if that was the steady diet of play.  Boring.

I used to say that when they were winning cups and laughed at the thought back then. I know for sure I couldn't be a STH for that though.

I still can't believe Colorado traded O'Reilly for a bunch of spare parts.

Freakin' amazing, innit?

Kid has some skill but he'll be Rochester bound next year...... Too many mistakes for me

Possible.  Also possible that a rookie camp + pro training camp will give him enough polish to make the team.  I was underwhelmed at first but he's growing on me pretty quickly.

I was out in Ellicottville having a burger and a beer and caught most of the 1st half, pretty boring, driving home had music on and just checked the score now, pretty sweet

Wonder if the 54 points jack has now puts him in decent Calder contention

He's in it. If McDavid was healthy all season he would have blown everyone away though. Still, even with that, and Panarin, I don't think Jack wins it. My guess is he places 2nd or 3rd, depending on how enamored the voters are with McDavid's ppg

Light crowd on Sabrespace tonight...

I watched the game but I was trying to get some work done at home and really didn't have the luxury of sitting around and posting.  Between my time at the office today and work I did this evening, I put 13 hours in today.  I just closed up my work laptop, now I'm getting caught up on the GDT.

I'm tremendously excited about the future of this team.  My guess is that GMTM will improve the team as much this off-season as he did last off-season (which is a tall order when you think about it).  I think coming out of training came we won't be worrying about how to fill out the team but rather we'll be agonizing over the really good players that get sent to Rochester for more seasoning.  I think we start good, but not great next year, probably dip a bit before Christmas, then come on strong the second half of the season and make the playoffs.  A couple of breaks here and there and they'll win a series or two.

I think Gionta keeps the C for another year, but it will go to ROR or Jack or maybe Sam after that.  It won't matter though because by then the leadership will be endemic in the team.

I think Gionta gives ROR the C. Just a gut feeling. He has no obligation to so I won't be upset if he doesn't of course.

I was hoping for that this year to be honest.  It's kind of a romantic notion that there would be such a passing of the torch.  Coming into this season I wanted to see that because I viewed Gionta as a Hab that just came home to close out his career.  This year he's become a Sabre in my eyes and deserves the C as long as he wants it.  He sets a great example for the younger players and still fills a valuable role on the team.

6 games over .500 in our last 39. With the time major players have missed, and how ###### our blue line is, that is very impressive

Is it October yet?

NHL .500 or DeLuca .500? Only the latter is interesting.

Put Reinhart in his place, dontchaknow.

Very nice.

Really has been a story as the season has wound down.

I guess for many, there just isn't the conflict to draw you in.

Dismal as the tank was to watch, at least it had drama.

Me, I'm enjoying watching the team come together.

I get the meaninglessness of many late season kicks, but for a young team it means something.

They are becoming comfortable in the system and with each other and confident in their place in the league.

This season turned out to be pretty much everything I had hoped.

There has been quite a bit to enjoy. Aside from the obvious names, IMHO the McCabe-Bogo pair hasn't gotten much attention but has been very solid lately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.