Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

Yes, outside of Tampa, if you ignore the money factor, what team would fit Stamkos and team would Stamkos want to fit, where do those 2 things cross. 

Outside of Tampa (who I do believe is his best fit), I would say Detroit, Florida, Sabres, Anaheim, Montreal. Almost in order, with Detroit the winner though

Totally off the top of my head: the Sabres or the Blues.

Can't really see Stamkos fitting in Hitchcock's style of play, although that roster would be great for him

Outside of Tampa (who I do believe is his best fit), I would say Detroit, Florida, Sabres, Anaheim, Montreal. Almost in order, with Detroit the winner though

Can't really see Stamkos fitting in Hitchcock's style of play, although that roster would be great for him

Why do you say Detroit out of curiosity?  They've got a couple promising young guys like Larkin but outside of that are they not on the decline?  Datsyuk sounds like he's gone next year and how much life does Zetterberg have left?

Why do you say Detroit out of curiosity?  They've got a couple promising young guys like Larkin but outside of that are they not on the decline?  Datsyuk sounds like he's gone next year and how much life does Zetterberg have left?

True, they have older guys on the decline, but all they really need is a top line center, and they're pretty set. I like Mrazek, Tatar, Nyquist, and Mantha a lot. As much as Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, ROR, and company? Maybe not. But, if I'm Stamkos, I have faith in that organization to put a winner together, unlike any other listed above. 

True, they have older guys on the decline, but all they really need is a top line center, and they're pretty set. I like Mrazek, Tatar, Nyquist, and Mantha a lot. As much as Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, ROR, and company? Maybe not. But, if I'm Stamkos, I have faith in that organization to put a winner together, unlike any other listed above. 

Sure they've got some nice young pieces but I don't like them more then ours.  The days of Datsyuk/Zetterberg and Lidstrome are long over and even Babcock isn't there anymore.  They sneaked in the last playoff spot this year and were easily handled in the first round.  Take away one of their best (albeit older and injury prone) players and I don't think a Stamkos makes them contenders.  I just don't see the appeal of Detroit.

Sure they've got some nice young pieces but I don't like them more then ours.  The days of Datsyuk/Zetterberg and Lidstrome are long over and even Babcock isn't there anymore.  They sneaked in the last playoff spot this year and were easily handled in the first round.  Take away one of their best (albeit older and injury prone) players and I don't think a Stamkos makes them contenders.  I just don't see the appeal of Detroit.

They missed the playoffs with a late crash last year and injuries. I think if they add 1-2 pieces with Stamkos, they can make it pretty easily.

Still, I rescind them as the best place for him to go, and replace them with Florida

Yes, outside of Tampa, if you ignore the money factor, what team would fit Stamkos and team would Stamkos want to fit, where do those 2 things cross.

Carolina. Getting Stamkos transforms their top-6, they have a couple of blue chippers on the back end, and a promising front office. They just need a finisher and a goalie.

Murray will overpay for him.   He's got a man crush on him, and the money and term will be outrageous and we'll all moan about all the money tied up in him for years down the road.... but we'll all sing a different tune when he's leading us to playoff glory.

Murray will overpay for him.   He's got a man crush on him, and the money and term will be outrageous and we'll all moan about all the money tied up in him for years down the road.... but we'll all sing a different tune when he's leading us to playoff glory.

I'd be surprised if he does. He had a man crush on ROR as well, but that contract is very reasonable IMHO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.