TRADE: Jamie McGinn traded to Anaheim

Hoss

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/team-706626-ducks-mcginn.html

Said it before, I'll say it again: I really think Murray gets it. Don't think he has too much interest in bringing McGinn back.

“There was a possibility,” said McGinn, who scored a second-period goal on Wednesday. “I guess I can talk about it now. Yeah, I figured something was going to happen on deadline day. There wasn’t too much chatter on a contract extension in Buffalo, nor even on a contract on the table to negotiate with.

“I had a pretty good feeling something was going to happen. I wanted to go somewhere that there was a good chance to for sure be in the playoffs and winning a Cup. I knew this is a great situation for me and I want to fit in well.”
Edited by TrueBlueGED

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/team-706626-ducks-mcginn.html

Said it before, I'll say it again: I really think Murray gets it. Don't think he has too much interest in bringing McGinn back.

That's because the numbers were so far apart. I think Murray has a lot of interest in him but not for what they are asking. At least, that is what Murray says. I think both views can coexist.

That's because the numbers were so far apart. I think Murray has a lot of interest in him but not for what they are asking. At least, that is what Murray says. I think both views can coexist.

Agreed. If the initial conversation with the agent was was, "we think jamie is worth $4M/yr and someone will pay it" there's not much reason to go further from GMTM's standpoint.

Agreed. If the initial conversation with the agent was was, "we think jamie is worth $4M/yr and someone will pay it" there's not much reason to go further from GMTM's standpoint.

He pretty much said if July 3rd rolls around and he's still waiting then he said they should talk.

MURRAY: "Jamie's agent called our Assistant GM after the trade, and said that he is his new favorite AGM."

MURRAY: "Thought that McGinn would be somewhat happy going to Anaheim. Try to keep that in mind when moving players at the deadline."

Some F**cks Given.

He pretty much said if July 3rd rolls around and he's still waiting then he said they should talk.

I know that's what GMTM said I just don't see where he fits. He's the perfect guy for the playoffs when you want to upgrade the skill on your fourth line but he just isn't what I think they want in the top two lines

Indeed good for him.

I'm a McGinn fan.  I'll continue to be one.  He's going to make the difference on a team like Anaheim and that's the point.  He's good in Buffalo but once Buffalo is in a spot like Anaheim he'd be great for Buffalo.

I'm delighted for McGinn.

What was it GM TM implied? Moving McGinn to a good situation was good business.

It is really a good thing to see both McGinn and Weber in good winning situations.  With their 10th straight win Anaheim tied LA for first in the Pacific.  Crazy what 2 months can do for a team.  Crazzzzzzzzzzzy!

It is really a good thing to see both McGinn and Weber in good winning situations.  With their 10th straight win Anaheim tied LA for first in the Pacific.  Crazy what 2 months can do for a team.  Crazzzzzzzzzzzy!

those #fancystats managed to catch up with the Ducks, to their betterment. likewise for the Flames, with a result in the other direction.

I'm delighted for McGinn.

What was it GM TM implied? Moving McGinn to a good situation was good business.

Absolutely.  Murray is demonstrating to his players that he does indeed GAF... when he can.  I think McGinn and Murray have an understanding.  Clearly the Sabres needs outweigh any irrational desire to sign McGinn at all costs.  Murray has a role for McGinn (not where he played this year) and that brings with it a salary expectation.  McGinn may get an offer from another team for a different role that warrants more money.  It might work out, it might not.  But I am positive that Murray would sign him if McGinn's hopes don't come to fruition elsewhere in the UFA season.

Murray and Bylsma showcased McGinn this year to improve his stock and move him to a contender.  The market value at the deadline was low across the board so it doesn't look as impressive but if McGinn was on the 3rd line all year he wouldn't even have had a chance to be moved or at best it would have looked like a Pirri move.

Absolutely.  Murray is demonstrating to his players that he does indeed GAF... when he can.  I think McGinn and Murray have an understanding.  Clearly the Sabres needs outweigh any irrational desire to sign McGinn at all costs.  Murray has a role for McGinn (not where he played this year) and that brings with it a salary expectation.  McGinn may get an offer from another team for a different role that warrants more money.  It might work out, it might not.  But I am positive that Murray would sign him if McGinn's hopes don't come to fruition elsewhere in the UFA season.

Murray and Bylsma showcased McGinn this year to improve his stock and move him to a contender.  The market value at the deadline was low across the board so it doesn't look as impressive but if McGinn was on the 3rd line all year he wouldn't even have had a chance to be moved or at best it would have looked like a Pirri move.

I'm good with having Fasching take his place if he exceeds in the AHL during a stint.  Not that McGinn is a bad player, but we've seen what can happen going down the re-sign phase.  Matty Ice, is a quality human being, but his skating is just starting to fall off a cliff.  Maybe it's the playing time, the inability to stick with set line mates, but he looks lost half the time.  He's not a 4th line forward for sure, he's too skilled for that.  All I'm intimating is that a William Carrier or Fasching could easily come in.   Carrier has been stellar in recent weeks/months.

It is really a good thing to see both McGinn and Weber in good winning situations. With their 10th straight win Anaheim tied LA for first in the Pacific. Crazy what 2 months can do for a team. Crazzzzzzzzzzzy!

Props to Anaheim's Murray for not giving up on his coach quickly. I probably would have but that would explain why I'm here and not in his position.

I'm good with having Fasching take his place if he exceeds in the AHL during a stint.  Not that McGinn is a bad player, but we've seen what can happen going down the re-sign phase.  Matty Ice, is a quality human being, but his skating is just starting to fall off a cliff.  Maybe it's the playing time, the inability to stick with set line mates, but he looks lost half the time.  He's not a 4th line forward for sure, he's too skilled for that.  All I'm intimating is that a William Carrier or Fasching could easily come in.   Carrier has been stellar in recent weeks/months.

I think they put Fasching in the top 6 right now and that's not where McGinn is slated.  I would picture McGinn being 3rd line.  They still have a logjam on that line but I think that will be broken open in the off season.

Carrier has looked great.  The last Amerks game I was at he looked terrific.  He'll get his shots next year.  It depends on who they move off the current roster before I could attempt to predict that.

Carrier has looked great.  The last Amerks game I was at he looked terrific.  He'll get his shots next year.  It depends on who they move off the current roster before I could attempt to predict that.

This is a good to know. 

I just want to hear RJ call his name - it'll have a nice ring and lilt to it, for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.