Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Well, I'd rank him probably in an 18-23 range of NFL qbs this year. I just think he's maxed out and that we need to find better. 

And that ranking takes into account the running. If analyzing solely throwing and pass plays, he plummets to bottom 6-7.

I don't think that's unfair. I'd imagine that even adding his rushing totals to his passing totals would still keep him in the dregs of qb yardage. And a lot of games, he has an easier time getting a 9-12 yard run off than a 9-12 yard pass. 

If you took Taylor's rushing yards and turned them into passing yards he would be 21st in yardage (just passing) for QB's. His rushes while exciting to watch really haven't been as valuable as some think, His DVOA and VOA  rank him 19th and 20th in QB's rushing stats.

So they will probably finish 9-7 or 8-8. I don't think Rex gets fired at that point. But someone probably will. Who will it be?

Hopefully the guy who spent two firsts and a fourth on a WR.  I know, some of his moves and some of his picks have really panned out. But I can't get over that.  I just can't.

Edited by Eleven

Hopefully the guy who spent two firsts and a fourth on a WR. I know, some of his moves and some of his picks have really panned out. But I can't get over that. I just can't.

I got yelled at for saying this 3 months ago. Apparently he's good, or something.

Everyone ripping on the ragland trade too, talking about how buffalo could/would have had Dak Prescott and that it was a bad move.

At least the Sabres mediocrity only spans a few years, but 17 f'ing years.... Just how?!?!

The Bills mediocrity only spanned a few years at one point as well. 

Everyone ripping on the ragland trade too, talking about how buffalo could/would have had Dak Prescott and that it was a bad move.

At least the Sabres mediocrity only spans a few years, but 17 f'ing years.... Just how?!?!

Whaley said at the time that he expected Prescott to last until the last pick of the fourth round.  (He didn't, obviously.)  But it was the Adolphus Washington pick in the third round, not the Ragland pick, that was Whaley's last chance to get Prescott, since the Bills had no regular fourth-round pick (Watkins trade rears its head again...).

I don't think many would have been happy *at the time* had the Bills taken Prescott over Washington.  This is a hindsight is 20/20 scenario.  Or a don't spend three picks on a WR scenario.

Edited by Eleven

Whaley said at the time that he expected Prescott to last until the last pick of the fourth round. (He didn't, obviously.) But it was the Adolphus Washington pick in the third round, not the Ragland pick, that was Whaley's last chance to get Prescott, since the Bills had no regular fourth-round pick (Watkins trade rears its head again...).

I don't think many would have been happy *at the time* had the Bills taken Prescott over Washington. This is a hindsight is 20/20 scenario. Or a don't spend three picks on a WR scenario.

That Watkins trade may have been the worst trade with lasting effects I've seen in my time.... I don't know how one can justify that trade and the subsequent seasons and continued failure and allow these people to keep their jobs.... Smh

Whaley said at the time that he expected Prescott to last until the last pick of the fourth round. (He didn't, obviously.) But it was the Adolphus Washington pick in the third round, not the Ragland pick, that was Whaley's last chance to get Prescott, since the Bills had no regular fourth-round pick (Watkins trade rears its head again...).

I don't think many would have been happy *at the time* had the Bills taken Prescott over Washington. This is a hindsight is 20/20 scenario. Or a don't spend three picks on a WR scenario.

The 4th in the Watkins trade was a 2015 4th.

I've been lobbying for Brandon and Whaley to get canned for a while now.  While I would still like to see it happen, and feel that it would be richly justified, I'm not at all sure that this would, by itself, cure what ails the Bills. 

In particular:  I think Rex may have lost his mojo as a defensive coach.  It's just undeniable that that the D has stunk for 2 years in a row.  TT could certainly have made more plays in the 2nd half vs the Raiders, but the D, with a 15-point 2nd-half lead, could've offered more than zero resistance instead of allowing TD-TD-TD-TD.

And is it realistic to think that Rex is going to bring in a new defensive system and/or cede control of the defensive coaching to a new coordinator who isn't his twin brother?

I've lost all faith in the Pegulas. It's like Ralph is still running things.

Yup - one of the first things they did after taking over was give a big promotion to Russ Brandon;  the snake oil salesman had clearly weaseled his way into the Pegulas hearts and minds - I figured we were in for years and years of more of the same with the Ralph Whisperer now having the ear of the Pegulas.  Rex Ryan = Russ Brandon's baby.  

The entire front office should have been purged,  including the talent/scouting departments.   Clean house, start with a clean sheet of paper.  But The Pegulas seem to love the band aid approach, or trying to 'fix' something instead of replacing it;  it's like they couldn't see that they bought two TERRIBLE teams that needed to start from scratch; there was nothing really worth salvaging about either franchise.      

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.