Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

*Fast forwards to 2017*

This is the year Tannehill proves how good he is! Really! Sure we've said it every year for the past four years, but this year we mean it!

Or something like that.

Who is it here that's held a flame for Tannehill? The guy is not a serviceable NFL QB.

I've yet to watch a single second of football any weekend so far.  It's been great.

Unfortunately I have watched football on one Thursday.  That was enough for me.  All the suspensions for stupidity really pushed me towards the edge, piled on top of the downward spiral in the quality of the league's product over recent years.  I still want to see them win, but I don't actually want to see them.  I hope I'll get it back someday, but I doubt it happens.

This is me.

Who is it here that's held a flame for Tannehill? The guy is not a serviceable NFL QB.

I don't know anyone here who did, but I know which poster at TBD was nearly rabid with respect to his opinion that Tannehill was a sure-fire future Hall of Famer.

Was it you, Hoss? Not saying it was. I'm asking. 

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22976-buffalo-bills-2015/page-152

Also, I see you over there Wildcard saying you preferred Tannehill to Taylor. (In fairness, neither may prove to be competent NFL QBs.)

Rightly or wrongly (or randomly), I funking *hated* Tannehill from the get-go. I saw him interviewed a few times, read some inside skinny from a reporter who followed him in college (no idea how credible), saw his stupid face -- and the sports-hate formed. Fun!

I did. He was, at one point, plenty serviceable and put up very good numbers early in his career. But it seems like Miami and the world so badly wanted him to be a Manning or Brady that he just got progressively worse until he turned into what he is now.

He's a total bum now, no doubt.

Knowing what I know now I would've taken Tannehill over Taylor at that same point still.

I did. He was, at one point, plenty serviceable and put up very good numbers early in his career. But it seems like Miami and the world so badly wanted him to be a Manning or Brady that he just got progressively worse until he turned into what he is now.

He's a total bum now, no doubt.

Knowing what I know now I would've taken Tannehill over Taylor at that same point still.

I still might take Tannehill over Taylor, but they're in precisely the same tier IMO. Different strengths and weaknesses to be sure, but overall about the same level.

I still might take Tannehill over Taylor, but they're in precisely the same tier IMO. Different strengths and weaknesses to be sure, but overall about the same level.

Precisely. Neither are guys I want starting for my team in 2017 at the moment.

Looking back at my comments the best credit I gave Tannehill was calling him a good QB based on the season he had just had. That season turned out to br a blip on an otherwise pedestrian-at-best career.

It will never get any lower than losing to Pittsburgh's third stringers when we were in a win and in scenario.

(Did we need help too? Honestly can't remember. But that was the low point for me, and it can't get lower).

I was at that game...  I remember it well

It will never get any lower than losing to Pittsburgh's third stringers when we were in a win and in scenario.

(Did we need help too? Honestly can't remember. But that was the low point for me, and it can't get lower).

This is the game I remember most during this long drought.  It was the day I bought my first born home from the hospital.  I sat on the couch holding him while the Bills introduced him to Bills football at its finest.

No help needed, win and they were in.

They needed help, which they got. Jets made the playoffs despite losing in the 4pm game because of the Bills loss.

Edited by Lanny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.