GDT: Buffalo @ Winnipeg, 3:00 pm est, 1-10-2016

WildCard

Skimmed thru the thread quickly after the game.

First, congrats on the win.

If anyone thinks there is racism towards Kaner or Buff or blacks in Winnipeg, it would be very, very little. Buff sells the most jerseys by far and if he is moved, it is because Chevy and he could not agree on a deal. Buff is loved by the fans. If there is racism here, it is directed more towards the native indians.

Also, before calling for a suspension on Buff, take a look at the dirty hit from behind (a much more dangerous hit) by Weber? on Ehlers.

I'm not sure it was a much more dangerous hit, but Weber should absolutely be suspended for it.

Was at the game. Haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet but I will.

Wow, amazing game to be at.

The Winnipeg crowd was good in that they were loud and into it, like usual, but some of the chants are things being yelled at Kane were ridiculous. Fan base showing a real lack of class. Didn't really expect anything different though. There were a few Sabres jerseys in the crowd (including me in my Eichel jersey and my Dad), but not very many. Got heckled some but that didn't stop me from cheering loudly every Sabres goal. First live Sabres win I have seen! Really going to savor this one.

Ullmark played really, really well, looked really calm in person, too. Sabres solved Hellebuyck.

Sam had a great game, best of his career so far I'd say. His first goal was a great shot and really quieted the crowd for a bit.

Kane looked like he was nervous out there, at first. Had a few turnovers and seemed slightly jittery at first - can't really blame him though, it was pretty hostile there. But what an awesome play on the empty net goal. He could have had all the glory and stuck it to the Winnipeg fans, but he took the high road and made the selfless pass to Sam for the hatty. Class move all the way. Says a lot about him, I think.

O'Reilly looked like a possession monster out there, treat to be able to see him play live.

Byfuglien proved that he is and always was the real joke in that Jets locker room, his high hit on Sam was brutal. It was right in front of me, it was bad. I hope it gets looked at.

Another note - The stars are listed differently on NHL.com now, but the Jets personnel (I believe the home team staff chooses the stars) originally gave Sam 3rd star and Stafford 2nd star. Talk about petty garbage. That kind of sums up the Jets media in this city though.

All in all it was a great game and I'm psyched we came away with the win!

Awesome game for your first win. Really entertaining.

So the refs get to initiate a challenge under a certain time-left in the game? Even if the team who would challenge has used its timeout? So is every goddamn goal scored at  the end of a game review-able no matter what? 

That's gonna make for some pretty ###### awful situations come playoffs.

I was wondering what happened there I started to think maybe the Jets didn't call a timeout and the reason for the break was because the clock needed to be reset to 49 seconds. So the refs reviewed that on their own?

I used to love the NFL but all of the rules and replays (and simple fact that the Bills suck year after year) has really taken me away from the game. I wouldn't even be able to tell you who won the games this weekend -- don't care.

This replay business in hockey is a step in the wrong direction. Now the refs, if that is indeed who called the challenge, can question their own judgement??? WTF 

Gionta showed what he can give this team, when used correctly, I thought he had a fantastic game. I wish that Foligno could show up every night. 

Somehow they gave ROR an assist on the EN goal, and Jack an assist on Sam's second. It seemed like each of them just had the puck barely nick off of them, but I"m not going to complain. 

I agree that Weber's play was moronic and bad, but elbows directly to the head are not "much less dangerous" than what Weber did. Both plays were equally cheap.

The Eichel assist wouldn't have been one BG, but in AW that'll get handed out at least 90% of the time. Only saw the hattie on replay after Kane already had the puck.

------

Nice coming out party for Reinhart. Very classy play by Kane.

Keep it rolling in Minny.

Watching now 17 mins into 2nd. Love the Girgs, Eichel Reinhart line so far

Bufglyien is an , mostly chippy play all night. I'm sure Jets fans love that and maybe I would to if he was in Buffalo but he's not

Reinhart found some puck luck finally, the puck seemed to follow him tonight

Moulson had some good shifts early in the game

Myers shot into Ullmarks belly on the PP looked awfully familiar

Stafford hates Buffalo now, he is playing like his hair is on fire

Beautiful shot by O'Reilly barely hit McGinn or it had the top corner at the end of 2nd there

Watching now 17 mins into 2nd. Love the Girgs, Eichel Reinhart line so far

Bufglyien is an ######, mostly chippy play all night. I'm sure Jets fans love that ###### and maybe I would to if he was in Buffalo but he's not

Reinhart found some puck luck finally, the puck seemed to follow him tonight

Moulson had some good shifts early in the game

Myers shot into Ullmarks belly on the PP looked awfully familiar

Stafford hates Buffalo now, he is playing like his hair is on fire

Beautiful shot by O'Reilly barely hit McGinn or it had the top corner at the end of 2nd there

You're a little bit behind.

Spoiler:  Han kills Luke.  Then Luke resurrects and kills Han, who resurrects and kills Leia.  And then...

well, it's all circular.

Weave can explain it.

Ullmark is flashy

You're a little bit behind.

Spoiler:  Han kills Luke.  Then Luke resurrects and kills Han, who resurrects and kills Leia.  And then...

well, it's all circular.

Weave can explain it.

No need to watch then, thanks

Haha Hellebuyck thought he had himself a fancy kick save but Marcus said..uh huh son. Nice shot kid

Unless he's ignoring a concussion to do it.

Why no quiet room? A little later, on a power play, the puck just slipped off his stick into the corner. Looked weird. Then he got dropped off a faceoff in the second period. (And he seemed to be struggling on the bench after another hit.)

Why no quiet room? A little later, on a power play, the puck just slipped off his stick into the corner. Looked weird. Then he got dropped off a faceoff in the second period. (And he seemed to be struggling on the bench after another hit.)

Yea, if he's randomly out with an upper body injury Tuesday we know why.

It'd be nice if he did something to shut them up. Or anything to help our team.

So using his north-south speed to draw a penalty on Myers, leading to that power play goal didn't help?

I'll be elbowing Rob in the head at every opportunity here.

I love you, man.

That play was the exact moment where I gave up on Kane having a decent season for us this year.

Seriously? He drove the net hard and one of the Peg players had to almost slew foot the man to stop him, then he banged the crossbar pretty hard.

This vendetta of yours is ridic.

Kane will unselfishly feed Reinhart for the empty net hat trick goal and look loved on the bench by the kid. And that will be his real introduction to Buffalo, the moment when he will become a Sabre. Bonus prediction: Rick will do a Dunleavy on the call.

The Jets have played Shout and our intermission theme music so far

And the little ditty about Jack and Diane. Why isn't that played in Buffalo? No imagination? (Of course it might piss Erin off.)

Reinhart...congrats to you young man. Nice work

Totally selfless play by Kane, good on ya Evander

Ullmark wow 44 saves. Nice memory to think about while he seasons up in Rochester

Foligno is such a tease, if he played like that every game he would be unstoppable

Finally O'Reilly or Eichel didn't score

Glad to get off the schnide, now maybe they can string a couple together

Every single post he made in this thread was about players involved in the trade he hated. He got called on it and freaked out. This is our fault?

Why the hell is that something to get "called out on"? Rob is right. wait, wut

I'm also imagining a 4th Sabres goal, maybe empty net, with a minute to play ... and Kane's last shift running anything in blue ...

How prescient. But I called it first. (The blue running were the fans for the exits.)

Reinhart...congrats to you young man. Nice work

Totally selfless play by Kane, good on ya Evander

Ullmark wow 44 saves. Nice memory to think about while he seasons up in Rochester

Foligno is such a tease, if he played like that every game he would be unstoppable

Finally O'Reilly or Eichel didn't score

Glad to get off the schnide, now maybe they can string a couple together

Pretty sure they each had a 2ndary assist on a Reinhart goal. Though the team getting 2 goals that they weren't involved in, to go along w/ the 2 they were, is LONG overdue. Hopefully they find a way to keep it up in Minny.

AAOOOO AOOO AOOOOO!!! WE GOT A WIN BOYS!!  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iiRy3PqVcw

You need to come out of your shell!!! I want to be like MODO when I grow up.

So the refs get to initiate a challenge under a certain time-left in the game? Even if the team who would challenge has used its timeout? So is every goddamn goal scored at  the end of a game review-able no matter what? 

That's gonna make for some pretty ###### awful situations come playoffs.

Toronto initiates it. As much as I dislike the offside challenge, if they're going to have it, they have to have a failsafe for the end of a game when the coach can't challenge.

Won't get reviewed.

The dinosaurs and the code will say Reinhart put himself in a vulnerable position and Buttuglien couldn't help himself.

You need to come out of your shell!!! I want to be like MODO when I grow up.

Toronto initiates it. As much as I dislike the offside challenge, if they're going to have it, they have to have a failsafe for the end of a game when the coach can't challenge.

If Toronto initiates the review, why can't they just do it themselves? They have giant television screens. They watch the game, see that it might be offsides, then call the refs to tell them to check out on their tiny iPad screen to see if they can tell whether or not it was offsides, then sit back and twiddle their thumbs? 

This is a good look for Samson

A lot of eye wrinkles for a young guy. Maybe a life long Marlboro Man? Mom smoked 'em too while she was preggers?

If Toronto initiates the review, why can't they just do it themselves? They have giant television screens. They watch the game, see that it might be offsides, then call the refs to tell them to check out on their tiny iPad screen to see if they can tell whether or not it was offsides, then sit back and twiddle their thumbs? 

They don't want to take the call totally away from the officials. Letting the linesmen review it seems fair. There's a lot of talk about the small screens. Rick and Rob have been going at it all season. Rob says the screen is small and Rick talks about the super duper 4K high resolution of the device (even if the cameras are not 4K yet.)

Am I crazy or did they "just give it to 'em" on the Reinhart hat trick goal review? How long did the first challenge take? And this one, in a very similar vein, was dispatched so quickly. I'm not complaining...

Am I crazy or did they "just give it to 'em" on the Reinhart hat trick goal review? How long did the first challenge take? And this one, in a very similar vein, was dispatched so quickly. I'm not complaining...

To my eye his back leg was off the ice but not over the line. I think it was a brilliant play by Sam because if not Stafford breaks his stride and cuts off the passing lane. Nope, Samson stays a stride a hard and gets the hattie. Nice

I know it was an empty net, still nice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.