GDT: Buffalo @ Winnipeg, 3:00 pm est, 1-10-2016

WildCard

Missed head shot something reviewable by the league?

If you're talking about the one on Reinhart, he didn't "miss."  It was a direct hit, and I still can't believe Reinhart wasn't hurt.  A suspension would be guaranteed if Samson was hurt but since he finished the game, who knows?  

It *should* be a 20 game suspension, minimum.  Maybe more, if that's not enough to get that out of the game.

But, as we've seen, what *should* happen almost never does when the NHL is making decisions. #OffsidesReview #321pointsystem

If you're talking about the one on Reinhart, he didn't "miss." It was a direct hit, and I still can't believe Reinhart wasn't hurt. A suspension would be guaranteed if Samson was hurt but since he finished the game, who knows?

It *should* be a 20 game suspension, minimum. Maybe more, if that's not enough to get that out of the game.

But, as we've seen, what *should* happen almost never does when the NHL is making decisions. #OffsidesReview #321pointsystem

No I missed the headsot in first any vid of it and what happwned to McCabe?? Never mind on vid Edited by North Buffalo

Was at the game. Haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet but I will.

Wow, amazing game to be at.

The Winnipeg crowd was good in that they were loud and into it, like usual, but some of the chants are things being yelled at Kane were ridiculous. Fan base showing a real lack of class. Didn't really expect anything different though. There were a few Sabres jerseys in the crowd (including me in my Eichel jersey and my Dad), but not very many. Got heckled some but that didn't stop me from cheering loudly every Sabres goal. First live Sabres win I have seen! Really going to savor this one.

Ullmark played really, really well, looked really calm in person, too. Sabres solved Hellebuyck.

Sam had a great game, best of his career so far I'd say. His first goal was a great shot and really quieted the crowd for a bit.

Kane looked like he was nervous out there, at first. Had a few turnovers and seemed slightly jittery at first - can't really blame him though, it was pretty hostile there. But what an awesome play on the empty net goal. He could have had all the glory and stuck it to the Winnipeg fans, but he took the high road and made the selfless pass to Sam for the hatty. Class move all the way. Says a lot about him, I think.

O'Reilly looked like a possession monster out there, treat to be able to see him play live.

Byfuglien proved that he is and always was the real joke in that Jets locker room, his high hit on Sam was brutal. It was right in front of me, it was bad. I hope it gets looked at.

Another note - The stars are listed differently on NHL.com now, but the Jets personnel (I believe the home team staff chooses the stars) originally gave Sam 3rd star and Stafford 2nd star. Talk about petty garbage. That kind of sums up the Jets media in this city though.

All in all it was a great game and I'm psyched we came away with the win!

Skimmed thru the thread quickly after the game.

First, congrats on the win.

If anyone thinks there is racism towards Kaner or Buff or blacks in Winnipeg, it would be very, very little. Buff sells the most jerseys by far and if he is moved, it is because Chevy and he could not agree on a deal. Buff is loved by the fans. If there is racism here, it is directed more towards the native indians.

Also, before calling for a suspension on Buff, take a look at the dirty hit from behind (a much more dangerous hit) by Weber? on Ehlers.

Gionta showed what he can give this team, when used correctly, I thought he had a fantastic game. I wish that Foligno could show up every night. 

Somehow they gave ROR an assist on the EN goal, and Jack an assist on Sam's second. It seemed like each of them just had the puck barely nick off of them, but I"m not going to complain. 

If anyone thinks there is racism towards Kaner or Buff or blacks in Winnipeg, it would be very, very little. Buff sells the most jerseys by far and if he is moved, it is because Chevy and he could not agree on a deal. Buff is loved by the fans. If there is racism here, it is directed more towards the native indians.

Also, before calling for a suspension on Buff, take a look at the dirty hit from behind (a much more dangerous hit) by Weber? on Ehlers.

I agree that Weber's play was moronic and bad, but elbows directly to the head are not "much less dangerous" than what Weber did. Both plays were equally cheap.

Does anyone here really think the NHL will suspend DB for his headshot on Sam?

They aren't big fans of the Sabres as we all know. I doubt anything happens. 

In my opinion nothing happens mostly because Buff is playing the puck as he tags Samson.  If it gets reviewed at all, that will be the primary reason given for no SD.

Oh, and Buff is an all star.  The league can't suspend its stars now, can it?

Would love to hear you attempt to explain why "Buff" shouldn't be suspended for head hunting.

Was at the game. Haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet but I will.

Wow, amazing game to be at.

The Winnipeg crowd was good in that they were loud and into it, like usual, but some of the chants are things being yelled at Kane were ridiculous. Fan base showing a real lack of class. Didn't really expect anything different though. There were a few Sabres jerseys in the crowd (including me in my Eichel jersey and my Dad), but not very many. Got heckled some but that didn't stop me from cheering loudly every Sabres goal. First live Sabres win I have seen! Really going to savor this one.

snip*****

Another note - The stars are listed differently on NHL.com now, but the Jets personnel (I believe the home team staff chooses the stars) originally gave Sam 3rd star and Stafford 2nd star. Talk about petty garbage. That kind of sums up the Jets media in this city though.

All in all it was a great game and I'm psyched we came away with the win!

Awe ... Some ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.