GDT: Buffalo @ Chicago, 8:30 pm est, NHLN, 1-8-2016

WildCard

They are kinda meeting my expectations, not gonna lie.  Eichel is starting to be the rookie I thought he would be. Reinhart is a bit better than I thought he would be. ROR is amazing. Ristolainen until very recently has been above expectations. I figured they would finish outside the playoffs in the 18-22 range. Their advance stats say that's roughly where they are playing.  I look forward to a 2nd half that involves more wins.  Focusing on the positives this season.

I want to agree with you because you're right.

But I'm kinda drunk and I like most of the players and I need wins, so fuk Bylsma.

It has to be his fault.

(By the way, i'm pretty sure I've seen this game already this year. Like 33 times)

I kinda hate every number over 30. The big double digits numbers are ok but all these 82, 47, 57, 63, 72, 68. Just go away.

This. This is truth. Bring Back Lamoriello. Let him decide.

FWIW, Lehner looks like dookie. Let's in three in the first.

Hell yeah. Worst trade the Sabres have ever made. What's he made? Three saves all year?

###### you Murray. Bring Back Jhonas!!!!!!!

wait! Did JJ hack my account?

I don't think we can draw any conclusions based on this

i forget what this was about and why I quoted it.

I could do without further information on Moulson's bowel movements.

Which shift are you talking about here?

You know it's Bylsma's fault. Matty is a good dude.

Johnson is totally letting in a softie isn't he?

you know what I love about Brawndo?

The dude knows his ######.

Reinhart looks very shaky.

anybody paying attention knows Sammy is my favourite.

Soft as butter tonight. Soft as freaking butter.

Why the ###### does Crawford play like the best goalie in the universe against us?

Flagg, your are smart hockey man.

You know every goalie is the best goalie in the universe ahainst us.

I love how Rob Ray thinks we spent too much time in our own zone because we backed off. Yea Rob, totally on purpose, has nothing to do with being overmatched.

First period: Sabres played a pretty good period there, but just one mistake cost them.

Second period: well, like we thought might  happen, the Sabres didn't do what they needed to do

Third period: well after after playing a pretty good first, the Sabres didn't do what they needed to do in the second and it cost them in the thid.

Robby, you need some new material. Terry wants a better distraction.

RORRRRRR!!!!!

Sabres:  :w00t:

Hawks:  :sick:

Johns, you are enromus, but you know how it goes.

Rhino may be perfect but not even he can just rrroll up the rrrim to win.

I Love my dog

Edited by dudacek

Why, on a national broadcast, are we subjected to Chicago's home announcers?

Just tucking say that Risto never tripped him Eddie, you homer shithead.

Because all NHL network does is grab a local game and sends it out nationally. Usually it's the home team broadcast. Edited by PromoTheRobot

This team is not even close to a competitive team. Two players try every night, Eichel and O'Reilly. Everyone else is nothing but a rider. Playoffs??? Maybe three years from now. I really hate this ######. Pegula's starting to look clueless clowns. ###### THIS MOTHER ######IN ######!!!!!!

Sarcasm? Please tell me it's sarcasm

Do you like my breasts?

I'd me

Because RJ won't travel?

RJ was there calling the game on MSG.

This game was too quiet. Without DLo nobody is stepping up and playing physical. They really need to get Kaleta back. Schaller offers nothing different than the other bottom six forwards. More of the same isn't working.

I could swear I was saying they ought to bring Kaleta up over a month ago. Yeah, I was. He has the speed and guts that this team needs. Start putting the vets on the rotating press box shift and put the kids in the tough situations.

A guy named Chad is single handedly keeping the Sabres in this game. Chad.

Post of the thread. With surprising depth! And I like Chad Johnson.

And Chad Johnson and ROR have been the two best players on this team for the last two months. How anybody can put an ounce of blame on Chad for this loss is beyond me.

And Eichel.

Submitted without comment

Brian Koziol ‏@BrianWGR  3m

Bylsma on GWG: "Where the puck is at and where the shot came from, its disappointing to see that go in"

This realy pissed me off when I read it. Dumb thing to say given how Johnson played tonight. First thing he's said that's got under my skin,

Yep. A 2(+EN)-1 loss to the three time SC champions. Blow it up! Fire everyone!

Good point.

I was reacting to his bitch in about the trip on Panarin...on delay

About a period, just finished...sigh

This is what I was saying in another thread, eons ago. Toews complains to the refs ALL the time. But he is a true leader and consummate professional. Crosby does the same, and he's a whiny b*tch. Some people see what they want to see when it comes to Sid. But that's a topic for another thread.

Good post, dudacek. Particularly your last line. And I miss mine.

It must be embarrassing to be Matt Moulson these days. The man is invisible, the game has passed him by, he's trying to "teach" one of the stars on the team what the NHL is all about while being benched and yet he has four more years on his contract. How many games without a goal now? 25? This is getting into Leino territory. I feel for him; he seems like a good guy. 

Kane is struggling too. Maybe it's an eyebrow thing.

Edited by Marvelo

Moulson, Kane and Gionta - The reason we're last.

Granted, I never for a second thought this year would be a playoff year, but these guys have 16 goals between them, halfway through the season.

If you were telling me, this was the grand total between Stafford, Ellis and Nathan Gerbe four years ago, I'd have believed you, but now? Pathetic, and inexcusable.

Edited by Kristian

Despite having a good game, Chad should have stopped the game winner. Risto forced the shooter wide but Chad didn't come out far enough to cut down the angle. He seems to give up a bad goal almost every game, which given the lack of scoring is often the difference. Of course he was never expected to be a regular starter.

Moulson hasn't scored in 28 games, and the Sabres are 0-18 in January since last year.

But I'm kinda drunk and I like most of the players and I need wins, so fuk Bylsma.

It has to be his fault.

(By the way, i'm pretty sure I've seen this game already this year. Like 33 times)

Hell yeah. Worst trade the Sabres have ever made. What's he made? Three saves all year?

First period: Sabres played a pretty good period there, but just one mistake cost them.

Second period: well, like we thought might  happen, the Sabres didn't do what they needed to do

Third period: well after after playing a pretty good first, the Sabres didn't do what they needed to do in the second and it cost them in the thid.

I Love my dog

Highlight of the GDT for me.  "Kinda drunk" Dudacek :w00t:  Bravo!

It has to be his fault.

Second period: well, like we thought might happen, the Sabres didn't do what they needed to do

I Love my dog

:lol: this is the best.

I could swear I was saying they ought to bring Kaleta up over a month ago. Yeah, I was. He has the speed and guts that this team needs. Start putting the vets on the rotating press box shift and put the kids in the tough situations.

I never thought I'd agree with this again, during the offseason, but I'd rather watch Pat play than the rest of our bottom six.

It has to be his fault.

I Love my dog

Let the record reflect that January 9, 2016 was the day the Sabres' relentless suckitude finally broke the panache of our esteemed Canadian colleague.

Moulson, Kane and Gionta - The reason we're last.

Granted, I never for a second thought this year would be a playoff year, but these guys have 16 goals between them, halfway through the season.

If you were telling me, this was the grand total between Stafford, Ellis and Nathan Gerbe four years ago, I'd have believed you, but now? Pathetic, and inexcusable.

Yes, and I would add Ennis.

Despite having a good game, Chad should have stopped the game winner. Risto forced the shooter wide but Chad didn't come out far enough to cut down the angle. He seems to give up a bad goal almost every game, which given the lack of scoring is often the difference. Of course he was never expected to be a regular starter.

Moulson hasn't scored in 28 games, and the Sabres are 0-18 in January since last year.

First of all, Risto did not force the shooter outside. Danault skated by him like a traffic cone. Second, if Johnson comes out too far, Danault cuts inside and across the crease for a wide open net. Johnson had to stay in because of Risto's fukkup. You have a shooter moving at top speed with no one on him. A goalie has to stay close enough to react to an inside move. As it was, Danault hit a key hole's worth of space above Johnson's shoulder. Good shot. Sometimes you have give credit to the shooter. But Risto hung Johnson out to dry. 

First of all, Risto did not force the shooter outside. Danault skated by him like a traffic cone. Second, if Johnson comes out too far, Danault cuts inside and across the crease for a wide open net. Johnson had to stay in because of Risto's fukkup. You have a shooter moving at top speed with no one on him. A goalie has to stay close enough to react to an inside move. As it was, Danault hit a key hole's worth of space above Johnson's shoulder. Good shot. Sometimes you have give credit to the shooter. But Risto hung Johnson out to dry. 

Very good analysis. But did Johnson not give up too much up top? I'd say there was more than a keyhole staring at Danault.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.