The Uniform Thread

CallawaySabres

I won't go that far on Montreal's jerseys, but this game is a great look.

Ryan Kennedy of Hockey News posted his top 50 sweaters of all time...

Here's the top ten: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/the-top-50-jerseys-of-all-time-nos-10-1/

I agree that San Jose's throwbacks are a great look. Chicago is probably my current favorite.

There's some changes on the way with Florida getting new threads and a new logo next year. Toronto is doing the same. Pittsburgh is getting a new look (the assumption is that they're going to make their current throwbacks the primary home and away).

I think Ottawa should make the switch to these full time (with an actual logo instead of the 'O')

1001-ott-unveilgroup.jpg

1297498022124_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

I won't go that far on Montreal's jerseys, but this game is a great look.

Ryan Kennedy of Hockey News posted his top 50 sweaters of all time...

Here's the top ten: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/the-top-50-jerseys-of-all-time-nos-10-1/

I agree that San Jose's throwbacks are a great look. Chicago is probably my current favorite.

There's some changes on the way with Florida getting new threads and a new logo next year. Toronto is doing the same. Pittsburgh is getting a new look (the assumption is that they're going to make their current throwbacks the primary home and away).

I think Ottawa should make the switch to these full time (with an actual logo instead of the 'O')

1001-ott-unveilgroup.jpg

1297498022124_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Those throwback penguin s jerseys are in my top 10

I'm with Hoss on Montreal's being very good, but not #1 ever.

Have to disagree on the Sharks' jersey.  Wouldn't be anywhere close to #1 for me.  Much better than their current ones, but not great. 

I do like the Ottawa "O" jerseys, but I wouldn't want to replace the "O" with their current logo.  Something more than just a looks-like-a-zero, perhaps, but not their logo.

Blackhawks are definitely near the top, as are most of the original-six teams.  Canadiens, in general, are always near the top for me.  The current Oilers jerseys are really nice, too.

I may be a little biased, but ...

8809_2000_02_norm_mil.jpg

Absolutely love the Montreal Winter Classic sweaters.  They are so clean.  They've always had some super-bright white.. but these things are great.

The Boston one's look good from a distance but I am not a fan of the logo.  Everything else is nice.

Have to disagree on the Sharks' jersey. Wouldn't be anywhere close to #1 for me. Much better than their current ones, but not great.

I do like the Ottawa "O" jerseys, but I wouldn't want to replace the "O" with their current logo. Something more than just a looks-like-a-zero, perhaps, but not their logo.

Blackhawks are definitely near the top, as are most of the original-six teams. Canadiens, in general, are always near the top for me. The current Oilers jerseys are really nice, too.

Notice I didn't say "their logo" for Ottawa? I don't like their current logo. An actual logo would be nice. Go back to the profile view of the senator. That was much better.

Sharks aren't number one for me, either, but they're up there.

Rochester has a GREAT uniform history.

Give me either a simple look with something that sets you apart from the rest (think San Jose's currents or throwbacks, Montreal's reds, Chicago) or complicated clean (Washington's throwbacks, Pittsburgh's throwbacks, St. Louis' currents).

Edited by Hoss

Sabres Outdoor sweaters were sweet.

BUFwc.png

While I don't mind their current away jerseys (silver pits, trim and piping, in particular) as much as some, these definitely were better.  Too bad they never had a real authentic one for sale (the only "Winter Classic" jersey released was just their old whites; no laces, different construction, etc.)  Still kicking myself for not buying the full Pominville set (jersey, pant covers and socks) that was on Ebay a year or two later.

Have to disagree on the Sharks' jersey. Wouldn't be anywhere close to #1 for me. Much better than their current ones, but not great.

I do like the Ottawa "O" jerseys, but I wouldn't want to replace the "O" with their current logo. Something more than just a looks-like-a-zero, perhaps, but not their logo.

Blackhawks are definitely near the top, as are most of the original-six teams. Canadiens, in general, are always near the top for me. The current Oilers jerseys are really nice, too.

Fun fact:

First%20jersey_1960-62_jpg_0.jpg.crop_di

Have to disagree on the Sharks' jersey.  Wouldn't be anywhere close to #1 for me.  Much better than their current ones, but not great. 

I do like the Ottawa "O" jerseys, but I wouldn't want to replace the "O" with their current logo.  Something more than just a looks-like-a-zero, perhaps, but not their logo.

Blackhawks are definitely near the top, as are most of the original-six teams.  Canadiens, in general, are always near the top for me.  The current Oilers jerseys are really nice, too.

Sorry, those make me think of this guy.

1b5b5dfb7a0a010329afb0151186d9d3.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.