Tank 3.0

inkman

Remember when some people wanted McDavid in Toronto for the sake of rivalry? F that!

I've laid out my reasons and I stand by them. Beating them in the ECF is one of my favorite hockey memories. Can't ruin Stanley Cup dreams of the Leafs and their fans without the Leafs being good. I'd rather beat a good Boston, Toronto, or Flyer team over the Caps, Tampa Bay or the Penguins any day. 

I don't know.   They have a point tho, their farm club is much better than Buffalo's... wether or not that translate to success at the NHL level... only time will tell.

who won the Calder (or whatever the AHL cup is called)?  Does anyone know without having to look it up? It really doesn't matter who has the better farm team. For the most part the roster is filled with AHL veterans who will only get a sniff of playing in the NHL - TJ Brennan for example.

is there even one defensive prospect on the Marlies that will be in the NHL in 2 years? There could be a decent couple of young forwards - they have/had Nylander there but the other young players are no better than 3rd liners.  

If you want to argue Leafs v Sabres and who is in a better position - all you have to ask is who are the Leafs top 2 centers right now? Once they list Kadri, you just walk away, the argument is over - Buffalo wins.

Now if the Leafs win the lottery and/or sign Stamkos. Then again the odds aren't that much less than that Sabres win the lottery and/or sign Stamkos.

Edited by Crusader1969

Arizona wins, Toronto wins, Edmonton wins, Vancouver gets a point. Good night for us
Oh and Winnipeg won

74 games each, we sit 2 points ahead of Winnipeg, who we play Saturday afternoons. If you were ambivalent about a tank, you pretty much have until then to chose 

Edited by WildCard

Arizona wins, Toronto wins, Edmonton wins, Vancouver gets a point. Good night for us

Oh and Winnipeg won

74 games each, we sit 2 points ahead of Winnipeg, who we play Saturday afternoons. If you were ambivalent about a tank, you pretty much have until then to chose

teds? Is that you?

Oh and Winnipeg won

Inserting two guys with zero pro experience in the lineup is a tanky move by the Sabres.

I'll allow it.

Have you seen Colaiacovo play? And it's definitely a developing move to see what we have in Fasching, not a tank move. 

Yes, I realize how bad Carlo is.  

Frankly I don't expect Nelson to be any better in his first game... he has zero pro experience, none.   

Is there a less-tanky time to get him that first experience than when he's taking the spot of one of the worst players to wear blue and gold in a long time?

He can get pro experience in Roch.  

Donovan is a better option.

Sabres currently would pick 7th. Would expect them to pass at least Moe-ray-all & be sitting eigth lottery morning.

Calgary's schedule is just brutal, but Edmonton and Vancouver play each other twice more. Edmonton already sits at last, with 3 games left, against Calgary, and Vancouver 2X. They're coming in last, again. And, in prefect fashion, we'll steal their lottery pick

But I think pi does some stat analysis on where we'll end up. PI, GIVE ME NUBERS please

Going .500 seems to land us at 24th with a 67%. Overall, our chances are highest at landing 24th, for 43%

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Buffalo.html

Edited by WildCard

Calgary's schedule is just brutal, but Edmonton and Vancouver play each other twice more. Edmonton already sits at last, with 3 games left, against Calgary, and Vancouver 2X. They're coming in last, again. And, in prefect fashion, we'll steal their lottery pick

But I think pi does some stat analysis on where we'll end up. PI, GIVE ME NUBERS pleaseGoing .500 seems to land us at 24th with a 67%.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Buffalo.html

SCS' s has them w/ 43% chance of staying where they are but only 24% chance of moving to 8th. They DO NOT factor injuries into their probabilities, so I'd swap that unless either Price makes a miracle recovery or the Sabres suffer another key injury. Sabres should pick up at least 6 more points to reach 79. How likely are the Habs to get there w/ 4 more games against Florida based teams?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.