Tank 3.0

inkman

"Obviously we're a long way out and it's frustrating, but we have to learn to win no matter what situation it is," he said. "You can't just, once you're out of the playoffs, give up and not worry about it. We have to learn as a team how to win and if we want to come back strong next year we gave to use everything we can.

"Teams don't just turn around and the next year they win the Cup. It's years of competing and being there every single year so we have a long way to go but, again, these are important games. It's going to show a lot about our character and the direction the team is going."

Name that quote

Edited by WildCard

Name that quote

I'll guess Shane Done captain of the Coyotes on March 22 right before they beat Philly and Buffalo and ensuring that the Sabres wouldn`t pass them in the McEichel sweepstakes?

Cant they wait 12 more games and add a great player to the roster before they start learning to win? do you really think that the last few games of this season will have any correlation at all to how the team performs next October?

The Blackhawks made their jump from 71 points in 06-07 to 88 points in 07-08 and they finished the 06-07 season wining 4 of their last 12 games.

There is absolutely no correlation between how you end a season and the following season. Learning to win is just a function of younger players gaining more experience (including the experience of losing) and chemistry being built between players as they gel as a team. the most important factor to winning is adding more talent - like the talent found at the top of the Draft. 

The argument that the Sabres will be better next year because they won a majority of their last 12 games and end up with drafting 10th or 11th over winning 4 of their last 12 games and drafting a guy like Laine or Tkachuk is absolutely wrong. Yes, the Sabres can add guys through FA and trades but you can still add a top 5 pick (who will probably play for them next season) and make the same moves.  Plus any trade you make will weaken you in another area or subtract from your depth. The guy you get in the draft costs you nothing - except for a couple of meaningless losses down the stretch.

And lastly GO Canadians!

Edited by Crusader1969

I'll guess Shane Done captain of the Coyotes on March 22 right before they beat Philly and Buffalo and ensuring that the Sabres wouldn`t pass them in the McEichel sweepstakes?

Cant they wait 12 more games and add a great player to the roster before they start learning to win? do you really think that the last few games of this season will have any correlation at all to how the team performs next October?

The Blackhawks made their jump from 71 points in 06-07 to 88 points in 07-08 and they finished the 06-07 season wining 4 of their last 12 games.

There is absolutely no correlation between how you end a season and the following season. Learning to win is just a function of younger players gaining more experience (including the experience of losing) and chemistry being built between players as they gel as a team.

If that was true, the Oilers wouldn't blow every year

If that was true, the Oilers wouldn't blow every year

If the oilers problem has nothing to do with the guys they drafted at the top of the draft. It has everything to do with their inability to add anything around them. I would assume that the current management is going to make a major overhaul of their roster next year so that the talent is spread around the entire roster, not just the top 2 forward lines. 

If the oilers problem has nothing to do with the guys they drafted at the top of the draft. It has everything to do with their inability to add anything around them. I would assume that the current management is going to make a major overhaul of their roster next year so that the talent is spread around the entire roster, not just the top 2 forward lines. 

The Oilers' problems are in part due to the fact that they put young players in major roles without any veteran support. They got beat down every single year, and formulated a culture of losing. Even their HC went on a tirade about it

The Oilers' problems are in part due to the fact that they put young players in major roles without any veteran support. They got beat down every single year, and formulated a culture of losing. Even their HC went on a tirade about it

Did you catch his edit?  he's trolling us.

winning the last 12 games of the season is less important then winning the first 12 games of the season.

I don't get it

Did you catch his edit?  he's trolling us.

I don't believe he is. He's had this position for as long as I can remember. I'm interested in seeing Crusader's posts when he isn't part of a tank, as he's been in tank mode for as long as I've been here I believe

I don't get it

I don't believe he is. He's had this position for as long as I can remember. I'm interested in seeing Crusader's posts when he isn't part of a tank, as he's been in tank mode for as long as I've been here I believe

Go Canadiens?  Fishing.

Actually, without any other information, these things are of identical importance. Literally. Yes, I had to be that guy.

Being in 25th and winning the last 12 games of a season is less important than being tied with everyone and winning the first 12 games of a season. 

*came for this*

*leaves satisfied*

Better than leaving ashamed

Btw, I don't think this is a tank and I will be cheering for a win tonight. I just don't think that losing 50% of these remaining games matters that much to the psyche of this team.  They appear much more resilient then that.

6-6 isn't bad. I do think going 3-9 would be pretty demoralizing though

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.