GDT: Buffalo @ Calgary, 9:00m pm est, 12/10/2015

WildCard

Well, I happen to think Larsson and Girgensons are playing the wrong positions and roles. Moulson...man, he just looks done.

Girgensons is playing 3C isn't he? Isn't that a good fit for him? And Larsson on the 3rd line makes sense to me too. I would like to see Girgs as a winger on the second line but, 3C should be a good fit for him I'd think.

Girgensons is playing 3C isn't he? Isn't that a good fit for him? And Larsson on the 3rd line makes sense to me too. I would like to see Girgs as a winger on the second line but, 3C should be a good fit for him I'd think.

Larsson is more effective as a center as opposed tonwing

I don't think Girgensons is as good defensively as he gets credit for...a lot of hustle, of course, but positioning I still see him getting spun around a lot in his own zone. But he's being used in a shut down role with really hard minutes; just don't think that's the best use of his ability. To me he's good defensively, but that pure shutdown role like he's being used requires being better than good, IMO. I'd like to see him in the top-6 on the wing.

As for Larsson, I agree he belongs on the 3rd line, but I think he's a center. I know it's a common assumption that centers can easily play wing, but for whatever reason, I think he usually looks pretty poor on the wing whereas his best hockey has come at center. I don't have a working hypothesis as to why, but it's pretty clear to my eye.

I'm not sure if it's just a skill issue, or a lack of faith in each other, but this team as a whole doesn't play other teams very tight. Way too much physical space and trying to make plays with the stick.

I don't need big hits. But I need more physical contact. Just giving a guy a glancing bump can be enough to create some space for a teammate to move the puck.

Need to make more space by playing the body a little tighter.

Edited by d4rksabre

I don't think Girgensons is as good defensively as he gets credit for...a lot of hustle, of course, but positioning I still see him getting spun around a lot in his own zone. But he's being used in a shut down role with really hard minutes; just don't think that's the best use of his ability. To me he's good defensively, but that pure shutdown role like he's being used requires being better than good, IMO. I'd like to see him in the top-6 on the wing.

As for Larsson, I agree he belongs on the 3rd line, but I think he's a center. I know it's a common assumption that centers can easily play wing, but for whatever reason, I think he usually looks pretty poor on the wing whereas his best hockey has come at center. I don't have a working hypothesis as to why, but it's pretty clear to my eye.

Cool, thanks for the insight. I agree, I'd like to see Girgensons on the wing.

On another note, we don't win in western Canada.

Also, we are regressing, not improving

Cool, thanks for the insight. I agree, I'd like to see Girgensons on the wing.

On another note, we don't win in western Canada.

Also, we are regressing, not improving

That's what concerns me. Losing is whatever, I expected a lot of it this year. But we're just playing much worse than earlier in the year, seemingly for no reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.