Cal O'Reilly recalled

Hoss

Sabres recall forward cal o’reilly

BUFFALO, N.Y. (December 5, 2015) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled forward Cal O’Reilly from the Rochester Americans (AHL).

O’Reilly (6’0”, 188 lbs., 9/30/1986) joins the Sabres for his first recall of the 2015-16 season. The Toronto, Ontario native currently leads the Amerks with 14 points (3+11) in 21 games this season and has eight points (1+7) in his last six contests.

###

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=791130

ROR has been so good, it's throwing him an additional bone. If they play their card right, the O'Reillys will bleed blue and gold like the best of 'em for the rest of their lives.

So do you think he was a legit signing, or was it part of the contract demands of Ryan O'Reilly?

I can't help but call the guy Cyril.

Any Oz fans here?

So do you think he was a legit signing, or was it part of the contract demands of Ryan O'Reilly?

I can't help but call the guy Cyril.

Any Oz fans here?

I'd say a little of both, they probably told ROR, if you knock 250k off your Cap Hit cost we'll give your brother a better contract. In this case he's got a 1 way contract instead of a 2-way contract even though he'll likely play few games up with the Sabres. Simultaneously COR isn't half bad himself, and is a solid locker room presence for our young crop of players in Roch. So it was a win-win for both sides.

I can honestly see COR being an Amerk a long time, since ROR is down the street, the pay isn't bad, and he gets to be a leader. At least that's how I see it. 

I think Cal was a mix of both but it's likely his signing was earned through his own success at the AHL level.

Rochester needed help. They needed some good quality AHL players and leadership. The people in Rochester want a winning team, not just a team of late round draft picks hoping to stay in hockey in some level. Rochester has a nice mix of talent at varying ages and stages of their playing careers now. The people that go to Amerks games have to see a bump in player level on par with that of the Sabres.

Rochester needed help. They needed some good quality AHL players and leadership. The people in Rochester want a winning team, not just a team of late round draft picks hoping to stay in hockey in some level. Rochester has a nice mix of talent at varying ages and stages of their playing careers now. The people that go to Amerks games have to see a bump in player level on par with that of the Sabres.

Nope

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2049

They're getting the same winning the Sabre fans are getting. The article is called *Amerks and Sabres, Mirror images*. 

Article..

I submit, despite the current shortcomings, both rosters are better than their record...but it has to happen on the ice, in games. Amerks need a spark; a jumpstart. Who will provide it? Ditto the Sabres.

Me.

The people that go to Amerks games have to see a bump in player level on par with that of the Sabres.

With the *nope*..

Are you saying that the Sabres are not improved or that the Amerks are not improved?

They're getting the same winning the Sabre fans are getting. The article is called *Amerks and Sabres, Mirror images*.

Article..

I submit, despite the current shortcomings, both rosters are better than their record...but it has to happen on the ice, in games. Amerks need a spark; a jumpstart. Who will provide it? Ditto the Sabres.

Me.

The people that go to Amerks games have to see a bump in player level on par with that of the Sabres.

With the *nope*..

Are you saying that the Sabres are not improved or that the Amerks are not improved?

I'm saying the Amerks fans in that forum don't care if they look better, they still aren't winning and they are pissed.

Oz was really good but then went downhill in its last couple of seasons, IMHO.

Separately: do we know whether Cal was in the truck the night of the Tim Horton's drive-right-thru?

I'm not one to speculate.... :)

Oz was incredible. Season 5 they went to video over film I think and got way too soap opera-ie.

Shillinger has some of the best comic relief one liners in TV history.

This website is a bit like Oz at times. I was in the ban bin when the Timmy Ho got plowed into but I couldn't help but draw comparison to Ryan O'Reilly in Oz who ended up in jail for running someone over on a DUI. At least nobody got hurt in real life.

I'm saying the Amerks fans in that forum don't care if they look better, they still aren't winning and they are pissed.

And we weren't 10 days ago?

The ropes where thrown over the limbs for Ennis, Moulson, Legwand, and the one that needed to swing first and longest was is Gionta.

Win a couple games, score more than 1 or 2 goals a game, even a shoot out loss. Wham...It's like we each where given a pacifier. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.