GDT: Nashville @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/25/2015

WildCard

Let's hope so.

It has to be noted that Draisaitl is tearing it up in Edmonton.

Seriously. Do you (Daly, that is) have to look me in the face and lie like that?

Draisaitl's speed was the big issue at the draft, and man did he fix it. Very fun to watch now. Shooting over 30%, sure, but with Hall and Eberle on his team those assists should keep coming.

Draisaitl's speed was the big issue at the draft, and man did he fix it. Very fun to watch now. Shooting over 30%, sure, but with Hall and Eberle on his team those assists should keep coming.

His speed was never really an issue - it's just that some on this board threw out there that he was slow and people just bought into it.  The kid can really skate.

A lotta wussery going on in here.

I agree. Buffalo sports fans are soft. Been beaten down so many times they now pick themselves up off the floor just so they can throw themselves back down again.

Toughen up, people!

His speed was never really an issue - it's just that some on this board threw out there that he was slow and people just bought into it. The kid can really skate.

That's really not true. His speed and skating were red flagged by plenty of draft writers. It's not like we randomly created this meme. Edited by TrueBlueGED

And if anyone is worried about Sam now that Leon is doing so well, we must remember that Leon spent 37 games in the show last year, and had 2 goals-9 points. Hope Sam has a similar explosion towards the middle of this season.

What if Draisaitl:Reinhart as Risto:Nurse? Would people take that? If it works out that we got the better defender and they got the better center I'm okay with it because we got Eichel.

In no way am I predicting this is how it plays out. Just a thought experiment.

What if Draisaitl:Reinhart as Risto:Nurse? Would people take that? If it works out that we got the better defender and they got the better center I'm okay with it because we got Eichel.

In no way am I predicting this is how it plays out. Just a thought experiment.

What if you add McDavid:Eichel to the equation though?

What if you add McDavid:Eichel to the equation though?

I'd still rather have the better #1 Dman than #2 center. I think I posted my view of the teams' respective cores towards the start of the season, and I think Edmonton had the better forward talent but we have a better blue line and depth forwards. How it all shakes out, who knows. But I think I'm one of the few who expressed belief in the non-McDavid Edmonton core.

I don't see how anyone can be down on Samson, he'd looked great.

Because Buffalo.

I don't see how anyone can be down on Samson, he'd looked great.

I agree. Especially because Samson's game (cerebral/defensive/playmaker) is a different beast in respect to development than Draisaitl's (strength/reach/offensive). I'm especially impressed with how well Samson has been handling himself on the boards.

It's the right decision. Good on Bylsma for having the stones to do it.

The most important part of this decision was that he made it and went through with it. And I was very close to starting to doubt DDB, which, now, I have no need to.

I posted it once but Draisaitl has something like 300 more nhl minutes than Reinhart. If Samson keeps progressing, he'll be fine.

You own "Sam will be fine". In my view, you can change it to "Sam is fine" with no argument from me. Draisaitl is a pleasant surprise. Agreeing with TBPhD, above, I recall a variety of sources cautioning that a big frame moving slowly might dominate at one level, but not the next. I watched him in a few junior tournaments and chose Reinhart as my vote. I'm happy for Draisaitl and Edmonton. Sam's subtle game will blossom, as well. Frankly, it has.

Edited by N'eo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.