GDT: Nashville @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/25/2015

WildCard

I don't like other guys named Carter. They never seen to meet my expectations.

Don't worry. You continuously disappoint us as well.

NHL.com considers Eichel, Reinhart, Ullmark, McCabe, and Schaller as rookies.  Risto, Deslauriers, Larrson and Pysyk are basically second year guys.  We have talent, but we're young.  Plus a new coach and new system.  It'll be a while before these guys gel.

Yep. And I don't even mind that Eichel played less than Gionta.

You prefer 2-1 loses with 15 shots?

That's not exactly what I was thinking or what I thought pA was trying to get across.

We have a very skilled and dedicated teacher/coach, but he seems to lake the ability to get his troops fire up before battle. Something Nolan excelled at.  DDB needs to put a little disco into his pregame pep talk, and less x's and o's.

While it's still mind boggling to me that Gionta got 22 minutes, I was happy that Eichel's ice time got dialed back some. Ultimately I'd like to see ~7 of Gionta's minutes redistributed to Reinhart and and McGinn.

I thought with Girgensons back in both Gionta and ROR's ice time would be sub 20 minutes, but what do I know?

Girgs 14:41

Gionta: 22:16

ROR : 23:54

So my questions now become:

Is Blysma playing scared?

Is he trying to minimalize the loss margin by overplaying his best 2 way players and not putting the team in a position to score?

That's not exactly what I was thinking or what I thought pA was trying to get across.

We have a very skilled and dedicated teacher/coach, but he seems to lake the ability to get his troops fire up before battle. Something Nolan excelled at. DDB needs to put a little disco into his pregame pep talk, and less x's and o's.

I'm really not seeing a lack of heart. I'm seeing a team that can't generate a thing on the left side. Esp. Left point. Edited by X. Benedict

Woo woo woo. Easy kids. The sky is not falling. The kids are progressing. The vets need to step up yes but the team isn't a train wreck. We may miss the playoffs but we won't be a favorite for Matthews. Also a 5 game win streak puts us back in the playoff picture. Just relax. It was always going to be an ebb n flow season.

Woo woo woo. Easy kids. The sky is not falling. The kids are progressing. The vets need to step up yes but the team isn't a train wreck. We may miss the playoffs but we won't be a favorite for Matthews. Also a 5 game win streak puts us back in the playoff picture. Just relax. It was always going to be an ebb n flow season.

I agree.

While it's still mind boggling to me that Gionta got 22 minutes, I was happy that Eichel's ice time got dialed back some. Ultimately I'd like to see ~7 of Gionta's minutes redistributed to Reinhart and and McGinn.

I wonder if the reason why Gionta is getting so much ice time is because he understands DD's System so well? He seems to be in the right place at the right time, but his turnovers in the defensive zone and missed scoring opportunities are killing them on a nightly basis.

I wonder if the reason why Gionta is getting so much ice time is because he understands DD's System so well? He seems to be in the right place at the right time, but his turnovers in the defensive zone and missed scoring opportunities are killing them on a nightly basis.

So has Gionta become a better skating Matt Ellis?

The past two Novembers have given Sabres Fans much cause for consternation for different reasons.

So has Gionta become a better skating Matt Ellis?

Pretty much

I'll be curious to see what happens this off-season, purge a few guys from the roster, another draft, trades..... More "gelling" and maybe less injury and see what we have.

Next year if Gionta is still a leading TOI guy then I'll be overly disappointed.

I still hope eichel finds his way, he's struggling a bit, it may be endurance,it may be his teammates, but something is holding him back.

Another D man in here could help things out, maybe our guys in the A develop this season and Z comes back to life.

I don't think we are a playoff team this season when all is said and done and we may see more downs than ups. It sucks seeing a snake bit team again, that makes pretty boring hockey. But alas is the ride of a team that IS rebuilding.

Oh and F Hodgson with a splintered hockey stick in the A,

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.