The Swedish view of hockey

Doohickie

Welcome again, great posts, as you you may now realize, there is a group of dedicated posters who love to analyze the crap out of all things related to the Sabres and Hockey. Sometimes it may be a little much, but everything is good with a little salt. The one thing most of us have expressed is a desire to better understand talent in Europe. Hopefully you are the first of many joining this board.

No worries, we have the same "issues" on our own forums. :-)

Game tonight vs lightnings Hedman & Stamkos, gonna be tough. 

Tobad i cant sit up late, time is 21:51, almost 10 at night that is, work in 6 hours for me so need to hit the sack.

Good luck, Go Sabers!  :worthy:  :thumbsup:

Edited by MODO Hockey

Carl Grundström

2741.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=113516

Last season with J20, 21 goals, 15 assists, 27 games. That is awesome!

And this guy will go in the first rond of players in upcomming NHL draft. Some compare him with an young Peter Forsberg, which might be to unreal, but i would say he has those skills that not many players have, to see the game in other perspectives, a nice slapshot, fast skater, and fearless.

But, one guy is on his way from below, jesus christ. 

You all know Tie domi, the little beast.

I dont believe any1 would have thought his son would play NHL the way he does today. His son is awesome, and he scored twice last game. 

We have an legend here in Ornskoldsvik, MODO Hockey, named Magnus Wernblom. His jersey hangs up in the roof of our Arena.

He was SHL tie domi for many years, and now his son (Lukas Wernblom) won "TV Pucken", which is swedens biggest tourney for 15 year old players and this tourney pretty much says it all.

Markus Naslund, Peter Forsberg, Hans Jonsson, Niklas Sundstrom, they won this tourney, and look now. I believe that many player in this specific group of MODO players will reach nhl within next 3-5 years. Shaitlods of skills!

He is amazing, and he will go very early in the draft 2 years from now, that is what i believe.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=281757

MODO, the name, comes from basicly two things. 

Moliden

Domsjo

Moliden and Domsjo is 2 suburbs to Ornskoldsvik. 

Also MODOs biggest sponsor back in the day was Mo och Domsjö Paper, which was created from local gentleman in the start

back in the old days.

So, now you know. :)

Well, 

His brother is involved in MODO Hockey. 

Linus him self is an very talanted player, to bad he never really got things working out for him in NHL.

Maybe he had to high hopes for him self and could not take the part that somethings takes time an patience.

He has succeeded anywhere he has played, except NHL. Might be lack of strength, size, or just his mind.

Seeing him play kinda gives you the feeling he is abit of an "Me i and myself" if you know what i mean.

Hey dude, thanks for the insights.

On a sidenote, my daughter goes to school with Morten Green's daughter, don't know if you remember him? Played a few seasons with MODO in the early 2000's.

"The Sabres will go with Chad Johnson in goal. Johnson played the final two periods against Tampa Bay on Nov. 5 after the Lightning scored three times on 11 shots against Linus Ullmark in the first period.

For a big portion of the first 10 games [Chad] gave us a chance to win," Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. "Linus has started the last few games and [Chad] hasn't had that chance. I'm looking forward to him getting back in."

:cry: 

Hope he does well, Chad that is. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

Don't :cry:

Johnson is a placeholder.  Ullmark is the future.

Maybe he had to high hopes for him self and could not take the part that somethings takes time an patience.

He has succeeded anywhere he has played, except NHL. Might be lack of strength, size, or just his mind.
Seeing him play kinda gives you the feeling he is abit of an "Me i and myself" if you know what i mean.

I think that aligns with what we observed when he was with the Sabres.  In all fairness to him, the Sabres were a disaster at the time.

1. I would say SHL is the portal into NHL, it has been this way for a long time now. In SHL you need to be able to play like you describe players you wanna see come out of these leagues. Many players have signed with MODO over the years, because players know that if you do good in MODO, NHL will be watching you for sure.

Other than that, i would say SHL is the best league in Europe other than KHL that now has taken over, we cant compete with the russian dollahz! :( 

SHL is an respected league in Europe, clubs really take close care of talant, and give players everything they need to become successful as an hockeyplayer, and human beeing. 

2. I dont really think about it watching an NHL game, maybe i will now, but yea its been this way all along here in Sweden, its one of the biggest ways the clubs gets their cashflow in terms of sponsors. Allthough, i wish it would look like NHL in SHL, advertising-wize. 

3. Haha yea, well, its not really pancakes as you know em, Its thick pancakes, like panpizza thick. And yes, its freggin awesome.

DSC_1569.jpg

Cool ! 

Linkoping has a good team this year, they gonna go far, and Gordon is doing well!

Recipe please.

Anyone bored and interested in watching the game with Sabre players in MODO right now, (V. Olofsson and G. Possler)

Send me priv message. 

Currently game, 5 mins, MODO Hockey - Karlskrona 0-1, 5 mins passed.

Gustav Possler just scored, MODO Hockey turned the game around in 10 seconds, 2-1 now.

Edited by MODO Hockey

Congrats hope they keep it going big turn around!

Yea, we needed this, badly.

Here is an recap of the game with the goals, Sabres recruit Gustav Possler 1 goal 1 assist, really good game

and he is improving game after game this season, it actually looks like he finally starts to find his way back

to glory.

Swedish comments though, sorry.

http://modohockey.se/video/standalone/12460684/ttvideo/

Edited by MODO Hockey

Here is an recap of the game with the goals, Sabres recruit Gustav Possler 1 goal 1 assist, really good game

and he is improving game after game this season, it actually looks like he finally starts to find his way back

to glory.

Great to hear. Possler holds a special place in my heart.  Also he shoots and skates really well.

to glory.

Thanks MODO!

The bigger ice surface, speed and skill are more evident and harder to neutralize.

Fans sing and chant, never a dull moment.

You are  allowed to have flags and banners.

A power play is a power play in any language.

Dislikes:

Uniforms look like a cross between the Detroit Redwings and a NASCAR driver.

(but hey, you got sponsors and a hockey team)

Please include more chances for us to watch. Today was not a good day for me, but now that I got highlights and maybe a  half hour heads up(?) I'd give a look see.

Thanks again!

Thanks MODO!

The bigger ice surface, speed and skill are more evident and harder to neutralize.

Fans sing and chant, never a dull moment.

You are  allowed to have flags and banners.

A power play is a power play in any language.

Dislikes:

Uniforms look like a cross between the Detroit Redwings and a NASCAR driver.

(but hey, you got sponsors and a hockey team)

Please include more chances for us to watch. Today was not a good day for me, but now that I got highlights and maybe a  half hour heads up(?) I'd give a look see.

Thanks again!

Gameday, 3 hours to fight.

Any1 on wanna see the game, just priv me. 

Cheers, go MODO Hockey  :w00t:

Yey! MODO Hockey won with 5-2 ! not that u guys give a bloody shait, but still :D

I am rooting for them now because of you.

Sat 16.00 gmt+1

MODO vs HV71

Ok.  So that means 1700 Sweden time?  Like about two hours from now?  

Your metric time systems confuse us Americans.

I am rooting for them now because of you.

Ok.  So that means 1700 Sweden time?  Like about two hours from now?  

Your metric time systems confuse us Americans.

Awesome. lets hope that rooting from overseas give MODO Hockey some luck! ;)

As i said above, gmt+1. 

Its in 35 mins :)

Edited by MODO Hockey

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.