The Swedish view of hockey

Doohickie

I am rooting for them now because of you.

Ok.  So that means 1700 Sweden time?  Like about two hours from now?  

Your metric time systems confuse us Americans.

Man, when is the world going to see the error of its ways and convert to our English System?!?!

Hehe, its not that easy tbh. 

Think of it this way (If your seated in Buffalo that is?)

We are always 6 hours ahead of you guys, here in Sweden.

Things get screwy with daylight saving time.  Which we currently are not on here, but when I asked google what time it was GMT, it lied to me.

Man, when is the world going to see the error of its ways and convert to our English System?!?!

We, along with Liberia and Burma, are leading the charge.

I say we stop giving them hip hop and reality tv until they acquiesce ... Btw, I had no idea about Burma and Liberia.

I mean, is there an argument more compelling than "100 yard dash times sound so much faster than 100 meter times"?

Observation: I am a voracious consumer. I have not found a way to purchase a MODO Jersey. I dig the European hockey vibe and have adopted MODO as my team.

Next objective: Find a way to stream. Bucket list attend.

Observation Two: The North Dakota Fighting Souix crest is no more. The University is now the Fighting Hawks.

All things iconic derailment finished.

Edited by N'eo

I say we stop giving them hip hop and reality tv until they acquiesce ... Btw, I had no idea about Burma and Liberia.

I mean, is there an argument more compelling than "100 yard dash times sound so much faster than 100 meter times"?

Observation: I am a voracious consumer. I have not found a way to purchase a MODO Jersey. I dig the European hockey vibe and have adopted MODO as my team.

Next objective: Find a way to stream. Bucket list attend.

Observation Two: The North Dakota Fighting Souix crest is no more. The University is now the Fighting Hawks.

All things iconic derailment finished.

The only argument I have is that Fahrenheit is more useful than Celsius when evaluating the weather, because of smaller gradations.

Other than that, we're just being misled by the Burmese.

So according to the stream I'm watching, a 1 ruble bet on MODO will net 10 rubles if MODO wins.  The same bet on HV71 will net only 1.04 rubles if HV71 wins.  There is actually live betting during the game.  MODO is down 3-1.

Unless games can end in a tie, I smell an arbitrage opportunity.

So sick of these games where the intensity is gone .. last time we faced HV71 we won, 5-0.
Since then, this season has gone to complete shait.
God .. reaching playoffs is soon out of the question. FUWK!!  :wallbash:  :( 

Guess we share the feeling if we look back a couple of seasons with Sabres. It is so nerve-wracking beeing a "hardcore"- fan.

Ill be going to sleep early tonight, and get up in the middle of the night for Sabres game, feels great to have something else to look forward this snowy

fuwkin shait day.  :censored:

So sick of these games where the intensity is gone .. last time we faced HV71 we won, 5-0.

Since then, this season has gone to complete shait.

######.. reaching playoffs is soon out of the question. FUWK!!  :wallbash:  :( 

Guess we share the feeling if we look back a couple of seasons with Sabres. It is so ###### nerve-wracking beeing a "hardcore"- fan.

Ill be going to sleep early tonight, and get up in the middle of the night for Sabres game, feels great to have something else to look forward this snowy

fuwkin shait day.  :censored:

For a non-native speaker, you cuss around the sensors pretty well.  :beer:

The only argument I have is that Fahrenheit is more useful than Celsius when evaluating the weather, because of smaller gradations.

Other than that, we're just being misled by the Burmese.

Celsius makes sense for weather if you look at it this way (as told to me by a Brit):

• Anything negative: rather cold
  • 0-10: Cold
  • 10-20: Chilly to sweaters
  • 20-30: warm
  • 30-40: hot
  • 40-50: miserably hot

<p>

Celsius makes sense for weather if you look at it this way (as told to me by a Brit):

Nope, not gonna do it. No red blooded American man will ever walk into a room and say "Jesus H. Christ! I'm sweating my balls off! It must be 45 degrees in here!"

Triple digits! That's hot. :p

When Celsius hit Canada in the mid-seventies, I asked my grandmother (not a math person) if it complicated things. She said no way, Celsius is easy:

30 is summer

20 is room temperature

10 is spring/fall

0 is freezing

-10 is winter

Fahrenheit is better because you know...

minus anything.... it's just better to wet your self if you have pee, way better than the risk of frost bite on the Big Johnson.

0-20..... can write your name in the snow and it's gonna be around a while.

20-30 .... writing is more legible because shrinkage is less of a factor.

30-40..... your a de-icing machine.

40-50..... your looking up to the sky for airplanes or stars, no great hurry but it would be nice to get back inside. 

50-70....  there's no other place I want to be than right here right now.

70-90..... watering the daisies is coined.

90 plus... sweaty junk is not a pleasant way to live.

Right.  With 10 degree bands that cover smaller differences in temperatures, we are able to do this a little better. 10 to 20 spans a pretty large range (50 to 68 to us).  I'd want a heavy jacket on the low end of that and I could be wearing just a T-shirt on the high end.  So telling me it's "in the teens" doesn't tell me much at all.  That's really the only advantage I can perceive at all, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.