Ryan O'Reilly and Colorado

bob_sauve28

Where did you hear this about Reinhadrt?

"Rookie Sam Reinhart is a regular alongside O’Reilly before practices. Various players come in sweaty at the end of extended workouts.

“If you look at the way he works, for someone who you kind of look up to and follow, I think it really helps me out,” Reinhart said. “I’m trying to surround myself with someone like him on a daily basis and learn from him. Someone as high-profile, if you must say, coming into an organization, he leads by example in that way."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/10/31/sabres-like-the-life-of-oreilly/

Sam Reinhart looks up to ROR and wants to emulate him.  Thank god for having hard working mentors.

One would hope that Girgensons might do the same.  There are a lot of similarities between the two when it comes to dogging the guy with the puck.

Many players really seem to lose the competitive edge once they sign that big contract. I don't even blame them. Its what some of them work for, the big pay day. But not this O'Reilly. He's in it to win a championship. Love that 

So you're okay with post-contract-year Stafford?

I often wonder what it was like to be Staff.  I mean, the guy came up just behind a core of players that promised to be the backbone of the team for the foreseeable future.  The team had solid leadership in Drury and Briere, but right after he came up they parted ways with the Sabres and the core he was a part of never had that level of leadership and simply crumbled.  I'm not saying he purposely tanked, but it must have been increasingly difficult and discouraging to play when all the leaders of the team, and the group just ahead of you that provided some mentorship, left the team.  He didn't handle it well.

I often wonder what it was like to be Staff.  I mean, the guy came up just behind a core of players that promised to be the backbone of the team for the foreseeable future.  The team had solid leadership in Drury and Briere, but right after he came up they parted ways with the Sabres and the core he was a part of never had that level of leadership and simply crumbled.  I'm not saying he purposely tanked, but it must have been increasingly difficult and discouraging to play when all the leaders of the team, and the group just ahead of you that provided some mentorship, left the team.  He didn't handle it well.

He had to know he was destined to be moved.

He had to know he was destined to be moved.

I think so and I don't think he necessarily wanted to be moved, but felt it was inevitable.

After reading some Colorado message boards it looks like the nickname they used for ROR was 'radar.'  Also, for Grigorenko we used Grigo, Grigs and Oreo.  They seem to be going with Greg.

So what are they saying about Greg so far?

I think so and I don't think he necessarily wanted to be moved, but felt it was inevitable.

So what are they saying about Greg so far?

When the trade was made they had him pegged for the top line (seriously).  Early in the year they said he still has a bunch of potential.  Lately I think they have him pegged for 4th line C duty.  One even said he's going to be a good 4th liner in this league. 

As they should be, they are in love with Zad and recognize he is the key piece to that trade.

FYI I don't lurk there often.

FTR, nobody used Oreo. He and Chz were the only ones.

I threw that out there for chz :flirt:

Edited by Derrico

I seen her acrost a crowded room.

My heart leapt at my ribs, I had to apply some force to it to settle myself.

Crossing the room with my head up, I had visions of a big strong man protecting her but I had to keep going.

Even if it were two big men, I had to send a message.

As I approached, she looked up, smiled, and said, "It's a lovely evening, eh?"

"No, you're right."

- Rob Ray, on meeting his dream woman at a party

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.