[Please change title]O'Reilly

bob_sauve28

I liked him. Big, tough, great faceoff guy. Have to say I'm now a fan. Can't wait for him to start scoring. This was the first time I could really watch him and I was happy to see he has come as advertised. Maybe Giergensons and Foligno would be a good line mates for him.

Didn't think Kane belongs with him, though. I really think Kane and Eichel belong together, maybe with Larsson

Hmmmm, I wasn't very impressed with O'Reilly's game last night.   Seemed to turn the puck over too much, trying to do too much perhaps?    That line didn't generate much, hopefully they can build some chemistry.  

Totally reaction than what we would have gotten with the former Corps. Those guys would have just said how sometimes the bounces dont go our way and will need to play better next time BS. O'Reilly is right, he played poorly and needs to be better I think he will be better

I wasn't impressed by O'Reilly at all.  Or Ennis.  Or Moulson.  Last night those three looked like they belonged on last seasons' team.

Ennis I was, but not the other two. Zemgus really impressed me last night, and so did Kane and McGinn

That line had nobody creating space.  Moulson O'Reilly Ennis Blech.

Yup.  Where was Ennis' usual dynamic play?  Where was Moulson's opportunistic chances?  They were upstaged by Girgensens, Larsson and 11 minutes of Reinhart fer cryin out loud.  That can't continue.

That whole line just doesn't make any sense at all. As Qwk said, there's no physical presence at all. On top of that, Ennis and Moulson are by far our worst two wingers defensively. I know I pimped O'Reilly's defensive play, but he can't cover for two guys. In Colorado he was paired with Landeskog, who is also really good defensively and played the board-battle possession game, and MacKinnon who was an offensive dynamo and needed protecting defensively, which was possible on that line. Kane, Girgensons, or even Larsson should be on that line, preferably in place of Moulson.

That whole line just doesn't make any sense at all. As Qwk said, there's no physical presence at all. On top of that, Ennis and Moulson are by far our worst two wingers defensively. I know I pimped O'Reilly's defensive play, but he can't cover for two guys. In Colorado he was paired with Landeskog, who is also really good defensively and played the board-battle possession game, and MacKinnon who was an offensive dynamo and needed protecting defensively, which was possible on that line. Kane, Girgensons, or even Larsson should be on that line, preferably in place of Moulson.

I agree here. Put Kane on that line and let Moulson skate with Eichel and Girgs. Those combinations looked good in preseason. And as impressive as he was last night, Kane's game is a better compliment to O'Reilly's vs. Eichel. Jack needs the puck and Kane doesn't like to give it up while preferring to look for the shot instead. I love that aggression, I just think it can be put to more productive use with O'Reilly at C. 

Give Jack the puck, go to open spots, and let him create. Perfect for both Moulson and Girgs. 

GO SABRES!!!

Evander, Jack and Gus.  That's the line.  They were together a few times yesterday and I thought they looked very good together.

I think the impact of placing Kane on that top line of Ennis and O'Reilly is simply more than the detriment of replacing Kane with Moulson on Eichel's line.

Edited by WildCard

Evander, Jack and Gus. That's the line. They were together a few times yesterday and I thought they looked very good together.

DD said Gionta gets Z's spot if healthy.

I am reserving judgement on ROR until 20 games and some semblance of stability on the lines. I will say that I think Girgs brings the same type of game with more offensive upside.

Edited by 3putt

I think the impact of placing Kane on that top line of Ennis and O'Reilly is simply more than the detriment of replacing Kane with Moulson on Eichel's line.

I think Moulson and Eichel may actually fit together better than Kane with Eichel, though. O'Reilly I think matches up well with Kane, too.

DD said Gionta gets Z's spot if healthy.

I am reserving judgement on ROR until 20 games and some semblance of stability on the lines. I will say that I think Girgs brings the same type of game with more offensive upside.

I think O'Reilly probably has a fair bit more offensive upside than Girgensons. And I do really like Girgs.

Evander, Jack and Gus.  That's the line.  They were together a few times yesterday and I thought they looked very good together.

I saw flashes of Mogilny and La Fontaine with Kane and Eichel. I hope they stay together. Not sure Gus fits with them, I'd maybe like him with O'Reilly.

Jack also reminded me of Housley the whizz kid! Lol

I wasn't impressed by O'Reilly at all.  Or Ennis.  Or Moulson.  Last night those three looked like they belonged on last seasons' team.

Not a fan of Moulson, would like to see the Sabres move him to Toronto for Lupul. Even with the injuries I'd take him over Moulson. 

Descriptive topic titles are an asset to our community. It helps community members recognize which conversations they might want to read or participate in.

Please refrain from using generic topic titles, including player name only titles. If you can take the time to start a conversation, you can take a moment and properly label it.

The original poster can edit the title.

Thanks for making SabreSpace a better place.