Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Fair point.

The police had confirmed the investigation of an incident at his home, but did not say who was the subject of the investigation.

Kane's the only one who's had a retained lawyer speaking out about the matter. But that doesn't rule out the idea that someone else (or others) might be implicated.

It sure wouldn't make Cambria look good since he is essentially trying to paint her as a ######.

edit:  Didn't realize that would get filtered.  It rhymed with more.

Edited by shrader

What would the mother's motive be?

Wow, how bad does the attorney whose name I won't try to spell look? You can say he was duped, but the rest is on him. He said the bag contained the rape kit.

The fact he didn't verify it before the press conference, major f up on his part. 

Going public with the bogus paper evidence bag is the least of Eoannou's mistakes right now. He failed to redact the accuser's name from the labels, and now her identity is officially everywhere.

I actually know that family. Or a branch of it.

Everything is awful.

The fact he didn't verify it before the press conference, major f up on his part. 

The fact that he doesn't know that rape kits are boxes and not bags is bewildering.  I didn't know, but I'm not a criminal defense attorney.

The woman attorney who was on Ch. 2 yesterday on the 530 broadcast cleared up a LOT of this; I'm still not believing the bag even ever held a shirt.

Going public with the bogus paper evidence bag is the least of Eoannou's mistakes right now. He failed to redact the accuser's name from the labels, and now her identity is officially everywhere.

I actually know that family. Or a branch of it.

Everything is awful.

How?  I've only seen it obscured.  And I am not in any way eager to learn who she is, BTW.  But are images actually floating around the 'net?

What would the mother's motive be?

Wow, how bad does the attorney whose name I won't try to spell look? You can say he was duped, but the rest is on him. He said the bag contained the rape kit.

I would assume the leak regarding lack of DNA below the waist sent her into a panic and acted like a momma bear protecting her cub. Of course, given her ignorance of the evidence handling process and the court of public opinion, she may have done the exact opposite in reality.

I would assume the leak regarding lack of DNA below the waist sent her into a panic and acted like a momma bear protecting her cub. Of course, given her ignorance of the evidence handling process and the court of public opinion, she may have done the exact opposite in reality.

Wasn't there a report that other people's DNA was found in her genital area? That could be a possible reason.

How?  I've only seen it obscured.  And I am not in any way eager to learn who she is, BTW.  But are images actually floating around the 'net?

They are out there. I've not seen them, but a mutual acquaintance (of those family members) just sent me a text advising of the same. Widely available (and high res) photos show an unredacted label on that brown bag. There are free apps that can be used to create enough pixelation/resolution to divine the name. It does not help that the lawyer actually slipped and said her first name at some point during one of the press conferences. I know he is an excellent lawyer -- I can only imagine how badly he feels about these mistakes.

Wasn't there a report that other people's DNA was found in her genital area? That could be a possible reason.

The only one who said that was Cambria, and it hasn't been confirmed/denied by anyone else (Sedita said that much of what has been floating around in the media regarding the case is "manifestly untrue" but won't go into specifics, nor will he address Cambria's public comments). I also direct you to post #2338 for another possible explanation.

The more we learn about this case the less we know. 

There's a Chicago radio employee who's extremely well sourced on the accuser's side. She tweeted sources saying the DNA on those underwear could be several years old.

https://twitter.com/JulieDiCaro/status/647418671690870784

Sedita says it's not when this case goes to a grand jury, it's if.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.